Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 t/a vs. 05 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 01 t/a vs. 05 mustang gt

Well...Waiting in line today at a 4way stop I look to my left to see a 2005 Mustang GT....The guy was checking my car out with kinda a cocky look. He then for no apperant reason just starts doing a burnout with cars still infront of him in line! So I know its on and i'm always ready to run. We both line up at the stop sign wait a while for the cars infront of us to get far up. He gives 3 honks and we're off. Now right off the line we're even till about 20 when i start really putting some ground on him. I'm not sure if he was a bad driver or what but by the time we got to 90 I was about 4 cars ahead and we shut down.
We're then driving side by side at around 60 and he says to slow down a little more for a roll race...We race from 30-90ish Once again dead even at the start and then i start putting some distance on him, although this time not as much, we shutdown at 90 and i finish about 2 cars ahead...I'm sure i could have beat him by more had we started at 20, 30 seems like such a bad speed to start in an auto.

Well needless to say i was very pleased with the results, I'm really suprised he didnt' do better, I thought the new GTs had 330rwhp stock? I do know he was stock he still had the paper plates on...So perhaps he just sucked at driving (but afterall he was the hardass doing a burnout with cars stopped all around him). Also...I had my camcorder with me I was trying to get my gf to film it but she was too "scared".

If anyone here has about the same setup as me and has ran an 05 gt already, tell me how it went for you....btw I'm currently on some really crappy tires the brand is called "sonar", Had i had some good tires i would have really liked to have seen the result from a stop.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill. The 05's are actually 300hp at the flywheel and are heavier than our cars.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Beatin a GT

Nice kill, you asked for it, so here's mine...I have a few more mods than you and I beat one by 3-4 cars to 80 from a dig. He was test driving it, I was behind him whe he pulled out of the Ford dealership, he was with the dealer, we pulled to the light and the dealer looked over at me, then looked at him and said somethin' then he revved, so I dropped it to Neutral and threw the rev back, and I see them yappin' and the guy looks like he is Staging (that look people get at the track-all constipated lookin'), so I let him go first, I see them lookin' back, so I gun it to get beside them, then gun it to leave em' lookin' stupid. Funny thing is, there were several people watchin' from the dealership. I wonder if the dude took it back and said "No thanks, i'll go to the local GM dealer and get something used".