Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Revenge again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revenge again!!!

I posted about losing to a pullied vert two weeks ago due to dead Nitto's and missing gears. Since then I've swapped the flowies out for a Borla Stinger setup, put in a firewall clutch adjuster (to get the ******* clutch off the floor) an MGW short shifter and a pair of MT ET Street Radials. He shows up with this absolutely SICK sounding LS-1 and a cammed 5.slow. The Z had a clutch issue so we're gonna play next week. The 5.0 isn't really slow but I gotta mess with 'em. Me and the Cobra went to go play again from a dig on the marked 1/4. It had started to rain as we left to go race so when I got there I did a little launch to test, dead hooked! We line up and I hold at 3K and drop with light pedal. She hooks, bogs slightly and jumps out by a 1/2 to 2nd, hit 2nd and pull a car to 3rd, hit 3rd and he disappeared so I figure he missed a shift. We didn't run again cause the polizie have been itchy lately but on the way back he wanted to go from a roll. I dropped to 4th at 70, waited until he was ready and hit it. I heard him drop to 2nd, bad choice (instant redline) and it cost him two cars. I ended up pulling him by four or so to 110 when she started dancing in the rain. He said he forgot to turn off his TC when we ran the 1/4 and that he bounced off the limiter on the roll race.

His mods:

2.8 pulley with box tune
CAI/CB of some kind, MAC I think.
Pro5.0 shifter
Plasma Booster ignition
Nitto 555 DR's

Mine are in my sig.

We'll do this again next week if it's dry.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:06 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driver ability is just as important as how fast your car is .... tcs on, hitting the redline, missing shifts ... none of them are excuses as far as I am concerned.

Nice kill.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Banned

Hey charlie, i had the white z28. As far as the runs, mike did leave the traction control on but a win is still a win. I didnt get to check out your car up close but i will have to next week when we get together and i get my clutch in. We got my tune dialed in by the end of the night running with a few cars so i think ill be ready to go. And hopefully i can get my gears in by then.

Good job on the kills. I think i should probably post up my kills from last night.

Nate
Old 03-26-2005, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by taufern
Hey charlie, i had the white z28. As far as the runs, mike did leave the traction control on but a win is still a win. I didnt get to check out your car up close but i will have to next week when we get together and i get my clutch in. We got my tune dialed in by the end of the night running with a few cars so i think ill be ready to go. And hopefully i can get my gears in by then.

Good job on the kills. I think i should probably post up my kills from last night.

Nate

Don't you need to break in gears before you race? Not being a smart ***, I just thought that was the case.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Teching In

revenge again??? you must lose often
Old 03-27-2005, 01:30 AM
Banned

breaking in gears takes about 2 hours. drive about 10 miles, then let cool for half hour. do this three times and then you're done.

Nate
Old 03-27-2005, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Oh ok cool. I thought it was like a 500 mile process.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lugnut

Nice runs man! Let us know what happens with the next run!
Old 03-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Teching In

dropped into 4th at 70mph?!? why not drop it back to 3rd wind it out to 103 then hit 4th.....
Old 03-27-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 03BlackSVT
dropped into 4th at 70mph?!? why not drop it back to 3rd wind it out to 103 then hit 4th.....
True... but at least it was a better call than dropping it in second like the othe guy!

Nice Kill!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

Hmm, I'm 76 wins and 6 losses since I bought the car in Jan 05. Of those 6 losses, I've beaten four of them since. The other two I haven't had the pleasure of going against again. These races are all staged from a dig at a marked 1/4 mile. I don't count opportunity or roll races.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 03BlackSVT

It was wet and I was lazy, I didn't want the combined peak Tq and HP in those conditions. Hell, I shouldn't have even bit but I did.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by taufern

Nate

I don't doubt he did. My tune disables the TC, he can set that manually with his Predator so it doesn't happen again. Yeah, post up how ya did. I didn't get the whole story of how ya made out against that Silvia. Ya know we gotta strap it on soon. Too bad it's supposed to rain for the next 10 days or so. I'll see ya next week at RT if it's dry Nate, take it easy man.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Banned

check out my thread called "a couple kills and one silly nissan owner"

it should give you the full scoop on what happened with that tard.

Nate
Old 03-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Teching In

i would hardly call a civic a kill. and the cobra you beat has beaten you four of those six times. He did drop the ball on the driving that night but he's still faster 4 out of six. Of your "76" mostwould probably only count 9. The cars at mount vernon I would race in my 4x4 and beat
Old 03-29-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Regular

i would hardly call a civic a kill. and the cobra you beat has beaten you four of those six times. He did drop the ball on the driving that night but he's still faster 4 out of six. Of your "76" mostwould probably only count 9. The cars at mount vernon I would race in my 4x4 and beat

Ok, who are you? The Cobra I beat beat me once in three tries about two weeks ago, actually, twice on that same night. The first time I ran him, I got him by 6 cars over by Skagit Gardens. The next time he showed up with fresh DR's and we ran twice with me blowing off the tires and missing gears both times. So, I lost and then cured those issues. This last time, he missed a gear and I got him. What Civic? I don't think I've ever raced a Civic from a dig. I drive the DSG Coupe not the Black Vert. and have been kicking *** on most everything from Fernadale to Kent to Oak Harbor that has come by to run me over the last year. Who are you? I don't recall any Mustang LX's running out there the past year so how the hell would you know what I've run or beaten? So, to set the record absolutely straight, I guess I'm 76 and 7 then. I think ya better ask around before ya run your mouth. Ask the folks that hang out up there since most have seen me run.

Last edited by CharlieCobra03; 03-29-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Ok, who are you?
Ah, I think I know who you are. You're the 5.0 that rolled out with the Cobra I beat, your buddy right, the red Vette and the white "Z" from Whidbey NAS. Let's see, you've been to MV three, four times in the past month? I've been hangin out and racing folks that showed up since Jan. '04. As far as the iron hanging out last week, I've raced three of them. The RX-7, ya really oughta try him, the VR-4 and a loudmouth in that primer H-22 Accord. I'm sorry if my little joke about your car being a 5.slow pissed ya off so bad. I happen to like your car, it sounds mean as hell with the cam and LT's. Most of the good runs I had have been from elsewhere like Oak Harbor, Bellingham, Kent, Auburn, Ferndale etc. There were a couple of muscle cars locally but they haven't showed up yet this season. I only have one suggestion. Get your facts straight before talking about someone.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Ah, I think I know who you are. You're the 5.0 that rolled out with the Cobra I beat, your buddy right, the red Vette and the white "Z" from Whidbey NAS. Let's see, you've been to MV three, four times in the past month? I've been hangin out and racing folks that showed up since Jan. '04. As far as the iron hanging out last week, I've raced three of them. The RX-7, ya really oughta try him, the VR-4 and a loudmouth in that primer H-22 Accord. I'm sorry if my little joke about your car being a 5.slow pissed ya off so bad. I happen to like your car, it sounds mean as hell with the cam and LT's. Most of the good runs I had have been from elsewhere like Oak Harbor, Bellingham, Kent, Auburn, Ferndale etc. There were a couple of muscle cars locally but they haven't showed up yet this season. I only have one suggestion. Get your facts straight before talking about someone.
Well well I guess you told him Good kill. It sounds like you get a lot of action where you live. Keep up the good work and continue to post the kills.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

Ah well, it's all in good fun I reckon. I'll keep posting up, win or lose. I just don't want anyone taking this stuff personal, kinda like I did further up.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Banned

Hey charlie, he's just f*cking around with u man...it's all fun and he was just trying to get your blood boiling. hehehe i guess it worked.

Nate