Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I managed to infiltrate the ricer crowd...this is what I learned...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I managed to infiltrate the ricer crowd...this is what I learned...

Last night I went out to a local bar with my female friend (read: plutonic relationship) to meet up with some of her friends. I met a few guys (3) who all drive . #1 drives a 2002 cavalier Z24 with body kit, 19" rims, stripes, 3-tome color, 2-foot wing, and dual 5" (no lie) fart cannons. #2 drives an integra 4-door with 19" white rims, neon lighting underneath, MANY stickers, and one 4" pipe that protrudes maybe a foot from his rear fender. #3 is the kicker, he drives a SUZUKI SWIFT with claimed engine swap, tinted windows, and gutted interior. #3 seemed the most respected ricer of the three, so I considered him the leader.

I saw this as a great opportunity to dealve into the ricer mentality so I can better understand them. They seemed really into cars so I asked them about their rides to begin the . They were very keen on talking about their rides and they asked me what I drove, so I walked them over to my Mazda 3, and I immediately got respect for my magnaflow catback and when I popped the hood, the cold-air intake. Then they started to insist "Dude you gotta put a body kit on this ****" and "wheels dude wheels", the leader suggested a wing mounted where my hatch is. I protested and said that my car is "not a car for that crap" because I absolutely do not consider it rice and I am very proud of that. Well, I couldn't resist. I replied, I'm not interested in putting any more money in this car, its my daily driver, I am going to modify my 2001 SS. They immediately pulled the out. "WHY WOULD YOU MODIFY THAT POS! SELL THAT **** AND PUT A TURBO IN THIS CAR!!" They proceeded to tell me how the mazda with about 15 psi would obliderate my camaro and the reliabilty issues with GM cars...oh boy did they shoot the **** about reliabilty. Anyways,

This is what I learned from asking them a few questions...

1.Ricer fly-bys are a way to vent frustration whether after a loss of for any other reason.

2. They DO NOT care about races from a dig against f-bodies or other cars for that matter, they know they can't win, they just race to show US that they can hang, and when they don't, they get pissed off and...see (1).

3. They love to race from a high speed roll because they actually believe that they have devastating top-end power. They know they can't pull on much from the low end, but they are VERY confident at speeds above 80mph.

So now i know, if you want to put a ricer in his place, you have to beat him from a roll (his own game), beating them from a dig will not hurt their confidence.

I hate rice.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Veteran

lol good story.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by robss01
beating them from a dig will not hurt their confidence.
LOL, Both of my brothers are the same way.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

lmao....thats some good undercover **** right there
Old 04-01-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Forgive them, for they know not what they drive.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

Sounds about right for a good many of them. Thankfully, most of the ones I hang with don't see it that way.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Platonic, platonic. Hehe.

Nice undercover info. Funny stuff.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol funny post nice detective work there
Old 04-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys, just contributing to the cause
Old 04-01-2005, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

Thats funny
Old 04-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

I work with a guy who is hell bent on tricking out a 93 civic hatch. It'll cost more to fix the body up than to get a new car, but lets not go there. So after he told me how much it would all cost, I asked him why not just get a mustang/camaro/firebird and start off where he's gonna get when he's done with his civic. His answers:

1: I know more about imports and have hookups for parts. -ok, fair enough.

2: Rear wheel drive cars scare the crap outta him. ( wrecked one the first time driving). - Resonable answer, so far two for two non rice answers.

3: Hondas are torque monsters. - Normally two outta three would be acceptable....but this is an automatic fail.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sinner
3: Hondas are torque monsters. - Normally two outta three would be acceptable....but this is an automatic fail.
Find a car with a Big Block something for him to try out. Maybe a 455 Buick.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

haha nice story.

Whenever I drive my car around they always want me to show off and spin donuts or something. The ricers around here seem to know that they're slow and they really enjoy seeing faster (and louder/better sounding/better looking) cars get on it.

There are a few that are just plain dumb though. Had to put a stupid guy in his nissan 240z in his place just this morning.

Modded imports without wings and sh*t are cool, and I respect them. The ones that are rice though.. those are the ones that I seek and destroy.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

Poor guy dont realize the V8 gets even stonger on the top end...
Old 04-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Hahaha!!! Funny story!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

i love all cars as long as they look cool and have functional accesories.
good story
Old 04-01-2005, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sinner
I work with a guy who is hell bent on tricking out a 93 civic hatch. It'll cost more to fix the body up than to get a new car, but lets not go there. So after he told me how much it would all cost, I asked him why not just get a mustang/camaro/firebird and start off where he's gonna get when he's done with his civic. His answers:

1: I know more about imports and have hookups for parts. -ok, fair enough.

2: Rear wheel drive cars scare the crap outta him. ( wrecked one the first time driving). - Resonable answer, so far two for two non rice answers.

LMAO, Just cuz the car has torque steer, doesnt mean it has alot of torque lol. Having a good chance at loosing control off the line, and being a slow SHIFTER causing the car to torque steer and lurch alot, doesnt mean it is a Torque MONSTER! haha YOU FAIL! lmao LS1 and other Performance V8's
Old 04-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
Poor guy dont realize the V8 gets even stonger on the top end...
and get's even stronger with a supercharger or turbo
Old 04-01-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by robss01
Last night I went out to a local bar with my female friend (read: plutonic relationship) to meet up with some of her friends. I met a few guys (3) who all drive . #1 drives a 2002 cavalier Z24 with body kit, 19" rims, stripes, 3-tome color, 2-foot wing, and dual 5" (no lie) fart cannons. #2 drives an integra 4-door with 19" white rims, neon lighting underneath, MANY stickers, and one 4" pipe that protrudes maybe a foot from his rear fender. #3 is the kicker, he drives a SUZUKI SWIFT with claimed engine swap, tinted windows, and gutted interior. #3 seemed the most respected ricer of the three, so I considered him the leader.

I saw this as a great opportunity to dealve into the ricer mentality so I can better understand them. They seemed really into cars so I asked them about their rides to begin the . They were very keen on talking about their rides and they asked me what I drove, so I walked them over to my Mazda 3, and I immediately got respect for my magnaflow catback and when I popped the hood, the cold-air intake. Then they started to insist "Dude you gotta put a body kit on this ****" and "wheels dude wheels", the leader suggested a wing mounted where my hatch is. I protested and said that my car is "not a car for that crap" because I absolutely do not consider it rice and I am very proud of that. Well, I couldn't resist. I replied, I'm not interested in putting any more money in this car, its my daily driver, I am going to modify my 2001 SS. They immediately pulled the out. "WHY WOULD YOU MODIFY THAT POS! SELL THAT **** AND PUT A TURBO IN THIS CAR!!" They proceeded to tell me how the mazda with about 15 psi would obliderate my camaro and the reliabilty issues with GM cars...oh boy did they shoot the **** about reliabilty. Anyways,

This is what I learned from asking them a few questions...

1.Ricer fly-bys are a way to vent frustration whether after a loss of for any other reason.

2. They DO NOT care about races from a dig against f-bodies or other cars for that matter, they know they can't win, they just race to show US that they can hang, and when they don't, they get pissed off and...see (1).

3. They love to race from a high speed roll because they actually believe that they have devastating top-end power. They know they can't pull on much from the low end, but they are VERY confident at speeds above 80mph.

So now i know, if you want to put a ricer in his place, you have to beat him from a roll (his own game), beating them from a dig will not hurt their confidence.

I hate rice.
.....then funny thing is thats really the truth!!!....i had a civic just this afternoon in my driveway waitin on my lil bro just a revvin his **** ...i was already headed out anyway and let him hear what 400+hp sounded like out the rear.... thats about the reaction i got from him and his buddies in the car....priceless
Old 04-01-2005, 05:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have consistantly noticed that people with the slowest, shittiest rides are the ones that always give their **** death. And when it's raining, watch out, they're gonna be spinning them tires for sure, cause now they can And they're the first to try and get you to roast your tires to the rim, dumbasses, we're surrounded by dumbasses.