Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Not a kill, More like research!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Not a kill, More like research!

Okay guys my sister's fiance has a 1994 volkswagon corrado that is currently going through a motor swap. He has the 1.6l supercharged in it now. He is moving up to the G60 1.8l and upping the boost from the super. Now i have done some looking online and found out that those G60's with like 20psi boost only making 200 hp . Now he has good building experience with motors and is having like 4 racing guys build it for him. My question is I love how he talks so much **** about my ls1 being crap and being slow, I want to know does he have any chance in hell of beating me. Everytime I tried to race him before the motor swap his supercharger was fucked up or a rod was bent or some other ****. So I don't know how they run, I have ridden in it before and that little bitch is quick. Mostly due to the ******* weight them things are like paper on tires. Anyways even if he was running about 20 psi on this thing he still wouldn't really put up much of a fight except from a dig right? Just wondering because after he spent about 12 grand on this crap I wanna be able to kill it with no money spent. What you guys think?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:01 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

if built correctly it can do well over 500hp.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

just be careful... one of those motors done right can make some power.

I have seen many videos of VW's making killer power and destroying cars on the highway.

Just wait for MillaTK to come in here. He is the local VW expert
Old 04-01-2005, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy had one of those G60 Corrado's.. slow is stock form but very much a threat on the highway when properly modded/built. Don't overlook it.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

well i thought they died in 93 but i guess not my friend had one a vr6 with portpolish intake ehaust cam and some other stuff done and it was pretty quick felt real fast driving it drove great bilstien ps900 or what ever they are called. his 2,9liter didnt even hang with my lt1 he started out in front goion from a 30 roll and i blew past him at 45 and pulled 3-4 cars on him. after your cam ill say ull be more than ok. im not to sure bout that charger though.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anything can be built to be fast. He may even be able to make some power too, but I doubt his will be that fast(I could be wrong). But I kind of doubt you will have a big problem. At least not if you get a stall and a cam. Anyways, his car is probably a stick and felt quick driving around. My old Monte SS feels like a dog, just driving it around, and my buddies 94 stick stang felt stronger on the street. In a race, the SS would obliterate the stang. But it was a little more fun to just drive around.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

i had a 93 slc corrado(vr6 not g60)
ill start off by sayin that charger is the worst design ever...the only way hes gonna be able to stay in taillight view of u is if he went turbo or a lysholm charger.....its crazy loud...u will know it when u hear it...it sounds like a fire truck on dope

also the only engines available was the 1.8l 8v g60 and the 2.8 vr6(europe got a 2.9)

id say he'll be at 350ish with a lysholm and good for mid 12's
but the turbos power is unlimited....the g60 came factory with parts ment for boost so stock it holds up pretty well..