Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Should I have lost this race?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I have lost this race?

I just got my 01 ws6 not too long ago, but have had no real street challenges yet...except for a couple of 95-03 GTs which is no problem. I was cruising home the other day and i ran into a red z28. This was my first encounter with another ls1. We went at it two times...1st time was from a roll at about 45....I was dead even with him until about 70 and he started pulling on me until we hit about 100 and I was at his bumper. the second run was about the same except we went from about 65 on.... I talked with him and I seen under his hood. He was a 02 model M6 with a corsa catback and a K&N. Im a 01 A4 with only a loudmouth and a K&N. To make matters worse he had his wife with him that added more weight. Is an automatic car that much slower than a M6 or did he just possibly have a factory freak. I drive a 9 second race car, so I know i can drive as good or better than him.

Either way maybe this is why these cars need those big stalls you guys are always talking about... thanks fellas
Old 04-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

u roll raced an m6 to 100 and u were at his bumper?????? damn good i would say.
m6s are killer from a roll because they dyno about 10 -15 more hp and they have shorter gearing with a better rear gear. if i were u , id be pretty happy.

also: how is it u drive a 9 second race car yet u have an auto ls1 with no mods(intake and loudmouth dont cut it)
Old 04-02-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well ive only had the car for about a month, and my pocket book is still hurting from just the purchase of it lol ....believe me there will be plenty more bolt-ons to come. But not too much its my daily driver and I have my mustang if the TA cant handle it. But anyway, i guess i should be happy...its just that i figured with a passenger i would have at least edged him...
Old 04-02-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Regular

you did good, don't worry. next time go from 0 against him
Old 04-02-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, that was really good for going from a roll. Be happy and congrats on getting the LS1. I am sure you won't be dissappointed.