Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced a datsun 280z...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raced a datsun 280z...

saturday night i was out at a local hangout with a couple of my friends. well as soon as i pull up this group of guys walk up and ask me if i want to race.im never one to turn down a race so i agree. come to find out im up against an older datsun 280z with a cammed/full exhaust/intake carbed 350. i didnt know what the hell to think.

so we both hop in our cars and head out to a nearby highway with no traffic whatsoever. we stop and prepare to go at it. i had to honk because his car didnt have a horn. 3 honks and were off. i take him off the line by about half a car and when we shut down i had about 2 cars on him. man was i surprised. we ended up racing 8 or 9 more times. the only time he beat me was when he launched perfectly and i spun like crazy thanks to the crappy kumhos.

when we are done racing we head back to the parking lot where everybody else was. i take a look in his car and the only interior parts i see are 2 seats and a nitrous bottle. the guy had just gotten the car 5 days ago and didnt have much seat time. he wasnt that great at driving it.

the guy was probably the nicest guy i have talked to in a long time and made it a very fun and exciting night of racing.

and i also raced a 96 formula 6 speed with a lt4 hotcam full exhaust and gears and beat him by 3 cars from a 30 roll to 110. this was by far the best night of racing i have had in a long long time.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:46 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds like both of those drivers need alot of practice, nice kills.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like a Z with a small block. Very cool.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

Nice Kills Its. Its nice to race guys that dont get all pissed off when they lose. I think we have all lost at least once.