Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I ran a gixxer 750 today, [vid]

Old 04-10-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I ran a gixxer 750 today, [vid]

I took a cruise down towards highway 11 looking for some bikes to play with. I found this gixxer 750 at a gas station, he said he would be willing to give me a run. He was quite surprised after the run.

http://www.driftnc.com/blackmagicc5.wmv

Thanks to Driftnc.com for hosting.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:57 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Wow that was sick! It didnt look like the guy on the gsxr was trying. But you can tell that he was definitly into it. Very nice setup by the way
Old 04-10-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea bad driver or scared on the bike.. he didnt even get low to try to get ready to hammer it or something. Looks kinda weird.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2000Z28M6
yea bad driver or scared on the bike.. he didnt even get low to try to get ready to hammer it or something. Looks kinda weird.
My thoughts exactly. I mean, you still took him so it is a kill, but I guess as a rider, I'd have tucked. Good run tho!
Old 04-11-2005, 02:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Huh oh, Black Magic. Get ready for the car vs bike bashing to begine again!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 02:55 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Did he mention it was his first day riding?

As I always say, the skill of the driver is just as important as how fast the car/bike is ... nice kill.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:13 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

nice kill, but damn someone show that dude how to ride
Old 04-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Launching!

I'll admit he was making a run so it does count... but damn he's a disgrace to everyone who rides. *shakes his head*
Old 04-11-2005, 06:42 AM
12 Second Club

A kill is a Kill, way to go black magic
Old 04-11-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

To be honest.......It didn't sound like the Vet was running flat out...easy shifts
I would think a blown (500+rwhp)C5 would actually pull a little harder on a 750. My Z holds off 750s with 430RWHP. NICE RUN
Old 04-11-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Either way you won, skilled rider or not, but it should be a little closer. I think you would still take him with a skilled rider though.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmMscl
To be honest.......It didn't sound like the Vet was running flat out...easy shifts
I would think a blown (500+rwhp)C5 would actually pull a little harder on a 750. My Z holds off 750s with 430RWHP. NICE RUN
Correct. I was babying my stock clutch and fethering the throttle to prevent my goodyear street tires from roasting.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Did he mention it was his first day riding?

As I always say, the skill of the driver is just as important as how fast the car/bike is ... nice kill.
It was my first day driving too, so I guess it was fair. Seriously though, I guess the rider couldn't ride, but in all fairness, I can't drive either so it was fair and square.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by setxws6
Huh oh, Black Magic. Get ready for the car vs bike bashing to begine again!!!
I hear ya. If a car wins, the biker automatically wasn't trying or sucked at riding. It's some kinda rule.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
It was my first day driving too, so I guess it was fair. Seriously though, I guess the rider couldn't ride, but in all fairness, I can't drive either so it was fair and square.
This reminds me of the vid posted of a Camaro eating an R1. So many called BS until he showed a dyno vid of his F1 Procharged car...nice kill, BM.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Launching!

Cool

I hear ya. If a car wins, the biker automatically wasn't trying or sucked at riding. It's some kinda rule.
I hope that didn't include what I said... because by seeing your mods, I don't have a doubt that you'd be able to take him if the two of you were in it. But as you said, you were taking it easy and even though he was lifting the front end of the bike, there's no way he was all into it. Hell, even on my bike I'll lean into it some and it's not a crotch rocket... but it'll still move when you punch the 107.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Teching In

a kill is a kill
BUT THAT MORON HAS NO CLUE!!!!!!
not even tucked!!!!he cant ride for ****,sorry.
and for someone writing he holds back 750s with 430whp!!WHAT A SHITLOAD OF CRAP!!!!OMG!!!
either he wasnt trying or he has no clue.that wheelie means nothing.
500hp is not enough,sorry.
what an idiot on that bike,he makes bikes that run 10.5s off the showroom floor(with so,so riders)look slow.
i dont search no excuses,but DAMN,that was not a 600,its a ****** 750.0-120mph in like 8seconds stock,your vette wont do that,sorry.
but again,a kill is a kill.
that sucker should bring his bike back to the dealership and stick with an 125cc bike.what a ***...
Old 04-11-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by balkanbusa
a kill is a kill
BUT THAT MORON HAS NO CLUE!!!!!!
not even tucked!!!!he cant ride for ****,sorry.
and for someone writing he holds back 750s with 430whp!!WHAT A SHITLOAD OF CRAP!!!!OMG!!!
either he wasnt trying or he has no clue.that wheelie means nothing.
500hp is not enough,sorry.
what an idiot on that bike,he makes bikes that run 10.5s off the showroom floor(with so,so riders)look slow.
i dont search no excuses,but DAMN,that was not a 600,its a ****** 750.0-120mph in like 8seconds stock,your vette wont do that,sorry.
but again,a kill is a kill.
that sucker should bring his bike back to the dealership and stick with an 125cc bike.what a ***...
Are you a troll or what..........get over it and quit reading magazines
More than 1/2 the people who ride bikes can not ride it near its potential.
These races aren't head up, its about taking an advantage on something that has the advantage (stealing moves, passengers, inexperienced riders...its all good if you want to chase me ).............here is an idea, maybe you can make it your mission in life to barrow everyone's bike, who lost to a car here, and rerun all the races so you'll calm down and
Old 04-11-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AmMscl
Are you a troll or what..........get over it and quit reading magazines
More than 1/2 the people who ride bikes can not ride it near its potential.
These races aren't head up, its about taking an advantage on something that has the advantage (stealing moves, passengers, inexperienced riders...its all good if you want to chase me ).............here is an idea, maybe you can make it your mission in life to barrow everyone's bike, who lost to a car here, and rerun all the races so you'll calm down and
AMEN TO THAT!!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 06:38 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

haha seriously. I think it is very possible to beat bikes, and I have done so many times. A huge mistake many people make while looking at a story on a forum is to assume that both cars (or bikes) in the race were run to their full potential, which is definately not the case a large majority of the time. Some people just suck at driving (or take it easy due to a clutch or rear-end, etc) ... other times the car has issues (until just recently, i've been driving around with a pig rich a/f ratio, a vacumm leak, and eating a ton of oil) .... many times gearing, the persons individual setup, and even the driver's disregard for other peoples lives (i.e. someone who is willing to stick in it longer when there is a big curve coming up), all can come into play bigtime. Especially when talking about bikes, there are not many people who can ride their bike to it's full potential (or even close in some cases), especially when you get to the higher cc bikes.

Dyno numbers and even track times don't always show the full story.

balkanbusa - please go back to playing in the sandbox with the other 3rd graders, and leave the discussions up to big boys.

Search this Thread