Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got smacked with a tire iron..

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got smacked with a tire iron..

No new races to talk about and besides, the weather is so bad here in Washington, a guy would have to be crazy to do much.

It leaves a little time to reminisce. You tend to do this as you get older. I can't beleive some of the wacked stuff some of us did when we were younger.
I was thinking of the year I got my first "sorta fast car".

It was a 66 Pontiac GTO, tri power. Got it brand new from Osborne McCann in Tacoma Washington.
They went new for about 3400 bucks.

I should have bought two and put um on blocks for 40 years.

Anyway, it sticks out in my mind because I didn't have the thing 24 hours before it was defiled by some no good in Portland.

It was a Friday night and I stopped by and picked up my Shotgun at his work and dropped him at home so he could get a change of clothes.

The idea was a road trip to Portland and once there, cruz Broadway and troll for some local tuna's.

My buddy, Jerry, was a high school chum who took machine shop and was known around school as one of the local hoods. Guess now days it would be "Gangsta".

Well I go back and pick him up after getting gassed up with some Chevron "white pump" (108 octaine then) and he comes out with a metal lunch pail.

I ask him whats in the pail and I get this cryptic smile and the explaination, "secret weapon".

I tell him I don't want any guns in my car and he's like laughing and telling me it's no damn gun, it's harmless.

Well, we are in Portland 20 minutes and pull up at a stop light, when up pulls this 65 Chev, 396 Impala with three guys. Now that I remember, the driver could have been an Evander Holleyfield clone but he hadn't been born, but you get the drift.....

The driver rolls down his window and yells, "A maroon GOAT....Baaaaaaa "!!

My buddy, Jerry, rolls down his window and says, "yeah, so"?
The clone who was driving says, "That thing go"? Jerry calmly states that it would eat that Chev for breakfast where upon the driver exclaims, "why don't you take that POS back to Washington where you belong"?

My buddy's starting to get a little hacked and flips them off......
"Geeze", I yell, at my buddy. "Ya wanna start a fight with those guys"? "Just ignore um".

Too late. The driver reaches way down and dregs up this humongoid, primordial lung biscuit and honks it up onto the hood of my brand new GTO.

I just went nuts.

Jerry calmly announces that I should be ready to punch it, light or no light. I'm still going nuts....
He reaches down to the floor and opens the lunch box and pulls out this water balloon looking thing and heaves it right into the open window of the Impala.

It breaks on impact.
All hell breaks loose and the passenger get's out and comes around the back of the Impala with a tire iron, yelling something about us being road kill.
Jerry's yelling "punch it, punch it" and off we go.
Not quick enough. The passenger laid his tire iron across the right rear quarter with a loud thump.

I'm yelling at Jerry about the water balloon and he's telling me it wasn't just any old water balloon but that it was filled with elk urine that he picked up from a hunting supply store. "Yeah, it's for hunting but it smells like nothing you ever smelled before". He reaches down and picks up a little brown bottle out of the lunch pail and reads, "Yeah, ELK RAGE".

About that time I look in the rearview and that Impala is right on our ***....."aw geezze", I yell, "we're gonna die".

I manage to get up onto the freeway and head Northbound and that Impala wasn't more than a couple of hundred yards behind us but at least they weren't gaining.

I'm so shook up I can hardly drive and my buddy Jerry is laughing like he'd been sucking on a NOS tank.

I think back about the coolest move I've ever made in a car and this was it. I duck in front of this 18 wheeler and at the last second, duck down this exit as the Impala was trying to pass on the outside.

We were safe. In no time we doubled back on some side streets and picked up the freeway a few miles up.
Back to Tacoma as fast as we could go.

There have been a few times when life has dealt me an exciting hand and this instance was sure one of them. I was a nervous wreck!
Jerry didn't get to go on any more Friday night Cruises. That whole incident was just a little to close for my tastes, besides, the repair to the fender cost me a bundle.

I miss the Pontiac. It was a strong runner and this night it sure saved our stupid lives.
Dogtag
Old 04-16-2005, 12:48 AM
On The Tree

Great Story!!! Man you can write!
Old 04-16-2005, 03:28 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha!! that's some good stuff. Nice story.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:57 AM
TECH Resident

sweet...damn i woulda beat my friends *** causin **** like that
Old 04-16-2005, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

I've been lookin' for ya for a Loooong time dude!! Knew your *** would pop up somewhere!

It took weeks to get that damn deer **** smell out of the car!

Now let's see....IP address is......
Old 04-16-2005, 08:50 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Thumbs up

AWESOME story. Man I wish crazy **** like that happened to me and my buds! Cant say it was so awesome for the goat though huh? I assume you got her all fixed up. ELK RAGE!!!!! hahahahaha

Brad
Old 04-16-2005, 09:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMFAO!!...... Elk ****, thats funny as hell !