Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

05 gt gets shut down

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 gt gets shut down

okay, so i am generaly just a cruiser and not really looking to instagate any races, but enjoy a little fun every once in a while, with that said, heres how my trip to the grocery store went down this afternoon. i get to the intersection and i am in the right lane, i am slowly moving forward as traffic is turning right. i come to a stop and look over across the intersection and see two 05 mustangs, one was a gt and the other was a v6(gt was behind the v6). they get the green and both make left and get caught up in there lane with some slow moving traffic. i get the green and i proceed down the road. i am about ten car lengths behind them in the right lane and they are still in the left moving slowly. i casually pass them and mind my own biusness, when all of the sudden they are behind me right on my ***. as soon as traffic lets up the v6 is on my side and the guy in it with this "you wanna go" look, so i look over and give him the "your must be kidding" look, he gives me the finger so i return the gesture and slightly push down on the accellorator and he fades back with the gt(these two must have known each other). now the guy in the gt comes up on my side and has this shitty look on his face like he going to kick my ***( this is all happening at about 45 -50m), i here him down shift and i also down shifted ,from 4th to second 2nd and put a car and a half on him in about 2 seconds and i continued to pull on him till i hit the brakes at about 80. he was about 7 car lengths in my rear view mirror, buy the time i slowed. they both passed me as i got to my turn and gave me the finger again as they went on down the road. even though they were dicks i still felt pretty good considering i am no wizard driver and my 02 ws6 m6 is bone stock down to the p/a. sorry for the long post, but i had to tell somebody
Old 04-17-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Junkie

nice dont you hate it when people are dicks for no reason? i have never felt the need to give someone the finger after we race...
Old 04-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

ya. i don't get it either. normaly if i see some one in a nice car next to me i give the thumbs up and let them go on there way.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

yea, and normally its not another fbody or ybody owner that does it. its always ricers or stangs. and i dont know why. and its not all of them, just a big majority.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, well. Good to hear you stomping some ponys.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Don't let those magazine race car guys get to you. They read all this bullshit then get mad when their stangs can't hang. nice kill.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Teching In

All I've seen are V6's around here. A few GT's, but they're always going the oposite direction.

I wanna see what one of those purty new Mustangs has got under the hood.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
Oh, well. Good to hear you stomping some ponys.
I concurr
Old 04-17-2005, 11:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you put a beating on there eggo's
Old 04-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by billybob
okay, so i am generaly just a cruiser and not really looking to instagate any races, but enjoy a little fun every once in a while, with that said, heres how my trip to the grocery store went down this afternoon. i get to the intersection and i am in the right lane, i am slowly moving forward as traffic is turning right. i come to a stop and look over across the intersection and see two 05 mustangs, one was a gt and the other was a v6(gt was behind the v6). they get the green and both make left and get caught up in there lane with some slow moving traffic. i get the green and i proceed down the road. i am about ten car lengths behind them in the right lane and they are still in the left moving slowly. i casually pass them and mind my own biusness, when all of the sudden they are behind me right on my ***. as soon as traffic lets up the v6 is on my side and the guy in it with this "you wanna go" look, so i look over and give him the "your must be kidding" look, he gives me the finger so i return the gesture and slightly push down on the accellorator and he fades back with the gt(these two must have known each other). now the guy in the gt comes up on my side and has this shitty look on his face like he going to kick my ***( this is all happening at about 45 -50m), i here him down shift and i also down shifted ,from 4th to second 2nd and put a car and a half on him in about 2 seconds and i continued to pull on him till i hit the brakes at about 80. he was about 7 car lengths in my rear view mirror, buy the time i slowed. they both passed me as i got to my turn and gave me the finger again as they went on down the road. even though they were dicks i still felt pretty good considering i am no wizard driver and my 02 ws6 m6 is bone stock down to the p/a. sorry for the long post, but i had to tell somebody
Haha!! The new GT still ain't a match for the LS1 Camaro or Firebird. You would think they would have tried to make them slightly faster. I love this story. It's like you hurt the little brother so big bro comes up and gets his a** kicked too
Old 04-18-2005, 02:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
nice dont you hate it when people are dicks for no reason? i have never felt the need to give someone the finger after we race...
It's because their pride is hurt and they want to **** you off so you can stoop to their level. Don't do it!!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:17 AM
12 Second Club

He was really mad and angry with himself.. because he bought a mustang im beginning to understand these people...
Old 04-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

down here in college station there are quite a few f-bodys and mustangs that are fast(pre 05), i guess this guy thought his **** was the fastest. i am buy no means the fastest,but i'm faster than he was, also lots of ricer action down here, lots of cops too. i've been stock for a while, but i think it's time too do some modding. money is limited so i 'll start out with an air freshner and move my way up.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by billybob
...now the guy in the gt comes up on my side ..like he going to kick my ***( this is all happening at about 45 -50m), i here him down shift and i also down shifted ,from 4th to second 2nd and put a car and a half on him in about 2 seconds and i continued to pull on him till i hit the brakes at about 80. he was about 7 car lengths in my rear view mirror, buy the time i slowed.

....my 02 ws6 m6 is bone stock down to the p/a...
Nice job. Although 7 cars sounds like a lot to put on an 05 GT from ~45 to 80 mph in a factory ws6 .

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
Haha!! The new GT still ain't a match for the LS1 Camaro or Firebird. You would think they would have tried to make them slightly faster. ..
They ARE faster and some have been downright impressive with bolt-ons and computer re-programming. Some people will end up learning this the hard way.

Last edited by 00GTBlown; 04-21-2005 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Launching!

I have yet to see the business end of a 'Stang unless it was a Cobra. They're all hype and some missguided brand loyalty. I've never understood why people still think Rustangs are faster than F-Bods.

As for the 05, I couldn't pay a guy to get into with me. They must know better down here.