Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

93 Stealth TT vs full bolt-on 98 WS6.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Old Drag Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 93 Stealth TT vs full bolt-on 98 WS6.

First let me apologize if this is in the wrong section. I stopped by to see my neighbor that owns the 98 WS6 this morning while driving my 93 Stealth TT to see if he could go to the local 1/8th mile track with me to play today. Unfortunately, he was unavailable but he's free next Friday night. So officially, the race is on. He's a full bolt-on car with LT headers, Y-pipe, cat back exhaust, Edelbrock LS6 style intake, ported throttle body, underdrive pulley, aftermarket lid, 12 bolt with 4.10's, some kind of aftermarket clutch but I'm not sure which and his latest secret weapon, 315 series drag radials. He dyno'd at 34x to the wheels before the Long Tubes and Y-pipe. He ran an 8.38 @ 88 n'change before the drag radials with a 2.0x 60' time and obvious traction problems. My mods to date include a Fidanza flywheel, Spec Stage III clutch, MBC set at 15 PSI, race gas for track use, a Stillen downpipe and no exhaust whatsoever behind it. I'm trying to get my aluminum underdrive pulley installed this week along with snatching the AC and front and rear bumper supports but this isn't really likely to happen. Good thing is it's all for fun and no money will be bet. As I'm down realistically at least 50 horsepower and weigh 500 pounds more, I should be in big trouble. I'm just going to launch the **** out of the car and hope for a clean run. At least that should keep it close. Maybe he'll be too worried about my launch to make a clean run. I'll post up the results no matter how bad they are. Anybody think I have a snowball's chance in Hell in this race?
Old 04-24-2005, 12:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i owened a 97 3000gt vr-4. ran 13.6 bone stock.
then i installed mbc 15lbs boost, and eliminated the cats,
if hes a good driver your only chance would be half way through 1/4 mile
stealth is very heavy.