Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

T/A LS1 vs N/B Stang

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T/A LS1 vs N/B Stang

Well this happened a few weeks ago but i figure id see what you all think about the results....Me and some friends were all sitting around a few weekends ago on a sat night hanging out when up popped the idea of me and a buddy racing...Ive got my LS1 and he's got a Notchback 302 stang...My mods Borla catback & pro-5.0 shifter...his is a built 302 from a local shop here in jax, hes got Edelbrock aluminum heads, hedders, built rear end and transmission, and every engine bolt on there is for that motor...on the dyno he made 318rwhp and weights a good 600lbs lighter then my car...anyways an idea of what happened:

1st run: 50 roll, he got the jump and i reeled him in through 4th, shut it down at 120ish ahead 1 car or so....

2nd run: 40 roll side by side until about 110mph, i stayed in it up to 130mph with him ahead by 1 - 1 1/5 cars when i **** it down 130mph...

I thought i did pretty well considering his hp/weight ratio...but what confused me is a mustang pulling up top...???? Mustangs usually don't trap to high so i figured i would stop his pull...maybe 5th i would have im not sure...we'll run again when i install my LT's...hehehe should be a little different