Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02' Stock Vette vs. 06' CLS 55 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02' Stock Vette vs. 06' CLS 55 AMG

So about 30 minutes ago im driving home from the car wash, I'm the first car at the stop light I see the Benz 3 cars behind, I slowed down enough to get a look at the V8 kompressor on the side and the slr looking front end, im thinking oh crap, this could be an amg, I also noticed a really hot tan girl wearing sunglasses, both looked like a-holes. So the light turns green, I stay and wait, the amg darts in front of me and i give chase, the thing is hes not pulling, so im behind him, we are stopped at another light, he takes of i give chase again, we are even again, although on the start i spun the tires alot and he did pull a little, we slow down and are just cruising at 45 on a 55 on hwy94/mid rivers, for you st. chuck folk out there...........if any. Lots of traffic at that int. so we cant really play, the funny thing is, this guy in an 80's volvo starts tailing me then weaves and starts tailing the amg before taking off and turning off, weird, guess he was trying to join in, but anyway, we cruise for a little bit, and the road is clear at wolfrum/94. I slow down to 40 and switch lanes, my heart was beating so fast, side by side, we jump on it at the same time, side by side until 80, i start pulling away, wtf? i let off at 110 or so. After calling everyone and telling them that i just pulled on an amg i went home and looked it up. 12.2 1/4 mile, 469hp supercharged 5.3l v-8 , 4000 or so lbs and $120,000, this was my first race in the vette and i cant believe what just happened. What do you guys think?
Old 04-30-2005, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Are you sure it wasnt a SLK 55 AMG?
Old 04-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Silver CLS 55 Amg, St. Charles, Missouri
Old 04-30-2005, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

I dont think it was the car you think it was, or he wasnt really trying. A C5 is a quick car stock, but its no 12.2 runner, thats for sure.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Teching In

It WAS a cls 55 amg, no doubt in that, they are pretty unique looking, first one I've seen in person. Plus the AMG badging, huge brakes, it can't be mistaken, there can't be to many out there, so maybe someone knows of one in st. charles, also now that i think of it, it didnt have missouri plates on it, or it could of been the volvo that was going crazy. Not sure, i was nervous, heart pounding, first real street race in the car. Maybe it was the weight of the benz ******* it down on the top end enough to let me by, i dont know, i wouldnt believe it either, but hopefully someone will have a run in with a CLS55 and take them from 40, I want to know whats up, or has anyone had an encounter before?