Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Won and Lost to an IS300

Old 05-02-2005, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won and Lost to an IS300

So I am coming home from work on Saturday after doing some overtime and I see a gray IS300 on the beltway right before 59. He had the body kit and it was dropped with some nice wheels low pros. Anyways I get on the betway from the feeder and I see his car got on the beltway to. So I drive kinda fast and he pulls up next to me around 90 I see a lot of pods and gages so I slow down and get even with him. We take off I spank him although I hear what sounds like a BOV go off and he starts to hang about a car or two behind we hit traffic and I moved over in to his lane in front of him. I slow down again same thing pretty much I take off and he is behind. then I see him talking to the girl in the car and moving all over in the car and he lines up again next to me about 60mph we go again but this time he takes off and leaves me like 2 cars behind with a giant black cloud of smoke coming from his exhaust and smelling like crap. Nos is what I think is it was. It came out the whole time until he let off. I gave him a thumbs up and got off the beltway Im almost positive he sprayed on me. But its all good I took him twice he took me once. I just put the ram air hood on Sunday and Im waiting on my long tube pace setter headers it should help out a little.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Great kill,funny everything aways happen when your coming home from work.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

I think Ive seen videos of that IS300 your talking about. If its the same one he has like 640 rwhp. Nice story.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Thats the best way when you least expect it you get that adrenaline rush. Its awesome.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Either spray or playing with a boost controller... you hung pretty well considering you're basically stock as far as power mods go.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

ive seen it.... the video..of that is300..**** is fast~~
Old 05-02-2005, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

anybody have the link to the video?
Old 05-02-2005, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by marcdez
anybody have the link to the video?
If its the same one heres one vid I have a few more but I no where to host them. If its the same let me know.

http://chronictel.net/videos/misc/vi.../Galveston.wmv
Old 05-02-2005, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FutureFbodowner
If its the same one heres one vid I have a few more but I no where to host them. If its the same let me know.

http://chronictel.net/videos/misc/vi.../Galveston.wmv

The link doesnt open i get page can not be found.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

Ok thats not my link so it is probaly not there any more. If anyone wants to host some for me let me know, but it would have to be tomarrow during the day since I'm still in the in the 50s with dial up internet. Otherwise someone else might have a link.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

ok cool
Old 05-02-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

www.visionboy.com

I doubt it was " nos" he was using on you, ever heard of running rich?

And if you raced him w/ just those mods in your sig, I don there think was much spanking going on, unless you took off when he wasnt ready and called that a race.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Thats definatly the one I have on vid.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackTA98 LS1
www.visionboy.com

I doubt it was " nos" he was using on you, ever heard of running rich?

And if you raced him w/ just those mods in your sig, I don there think was much spanking going on, unless you took off when he wasnt ready and called that a race.
Thats what I was thinking. If its the IS300 I think your talking about then he wasn't ready. Good kill none the less as the is one fast as car.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

most definitly not ready, but good job either way, if thats the same car. For some reason I thought this car was in CA.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:46 AM
On The Tree

No thats not the same car he didnt have a carbon fiber hood and the front bumper and wheels were different.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by koolkoreanked
Thats what I was thinking. If its the IS300 I think your talking about then he wasn't ready. Good kill none the less as the is one fast as car.
LOL, that's nothing. I had my hemi truck dynoed at Swift racing here in Maryland. They are Lexus's race division team. All I can say is after being here, very, very impressive numbers. They do some nice work here. I was very impressed. You have the money, they can do it. I was astonished after seeing the 800hp is300 with my own eyes. That's before the juice. It put down 700+ hp without the juice. Damn ,all I can say is I have respect for those lexus performance division.

http://www.swiftracing.com/

http://www.swiftracing.com/turbochar...300/stage4.htm
Old 05-04-2005, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

yeah it's definitely not the 640rwhp is300. That is300 put like bus lengths on a cammed LS1 and walked a Cammed/sprayed LS1 pretty good too. He wouldn't of pulled a mere 2 cars on lightly modded engine setup, he would've put train lengths lol. Just clearing that up
Old 05-04-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by marcdez
So I am coming home from work on Saturday after doing some overtime and I see a gray IS300 on the beltway right before 59. He had the body kit and it was dropped with some nice wheels low pros. Anyways I get on the betway from the feeder and I see his car got on the beltway to. So I drive kinda fast and he pulls up next to me around 90 I see a lot of pods and gages so I slow down and get even with him. We take off I spank him although I hear what sounds like a BOV go off and he starts to hang about a car or two behind we hit traffic and I moved over in to his lane in front of him. I slow down again same thing pretty much I take off and he is behind. then I see him talking to the girl in the car and moving all over in the car and he lines up again next to me about 60mph we go again but this time he takes off and leaves me like 2 cars behind with a giant black cloud of smoke coming from his exhaust and smelling like crap. Nos is what I think is it was. It came out the whole time until he let off. I gave him a thumbs up and got off the beltway Im almost positive he sprayed on me. But its all good I took him twice he took me once. I just put the ram air hood on Sunday and Im waiting on my long tube pace setter headers it should help out a little.

I'm sorry but IMO you did not take him twice if you started out in front of him the second time.

Search this Thread