Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 cobra vs 00 z28

Old 05-07-2005, 12:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 cobra vs 00 z28

let me start off by first saying that i am going to get my tranny rebuilt with a stage 3 kit (a4) because it is slipping something awful and get the verter installed, but to the story......

there is a red 98 cobra that runs around my town always piping me. tonight we finally get to line em up. first from a 35 roll. i honk 3 times and give him the jump, but he doesnt go anywhere and i drive right by him and had at least 4 maybe 5 cars on him by 130mph.

i slow down and he pulls alongside and says he is bonestock. i say all i have is a lid and full exhaust. he replies bull so i say lets go again from a stop. i honk again and the same result. i think i finally put the death nail in my tranny, but its gotta be rebuilt anyway and you gotta pay to play

think after i get the tranny done and get the verter in i will look him up and see if he wants to run again for fun of course
Old 05-07-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice runs man
Old 05-07-2005, 01:08 AM
11 Second Club

thanks. i have tci ssf3500 and the car is going in to get a stage three rebuild (what the guy at shop said it is called according to the torque it will be able to handle) for the tranny. i would really like to race him again just for the whole bull comment. maybe he thouht because my car is so loud it had a cam or something, but what is really funny is i think for what is done to my car now it is a dog. i had it at the track a few weeks ago (the tranny was slipping then too) and only got one run in and only went 13.82@105mph and car only dynoed 321hp and 335tq at the wheels.

Search this Thread