Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

death by a heavily modded m3

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default death by a heavily modded m3

So last night on my way to the movies i see two m3 bmw's pacing each other on the highway so i go around them and next thing u know one of them starts pacing with me revving his engine. hmm... i rolled down my window and told him to slow down to 1st gear. 30mph roll (competitive driving on) we punched it and he surprisingly jumps strong like i did and stays with me through first and half of second gear. once in third i start pulling away from him and he realizes that he cant hang with me. anyways, i continue to mind my own business and all of a sudden i look out the passenger window and there is the other m3 pacing me. he rolls down his window and tells me to try it out with him so i do. same deal, (30mph roll, competitive driving on). he stayed with me through first gear and once in second he starts to pull away from me. (oh **** ) threw third gear and he has about one car on me and kept pulling, but we had to shut down because of traffic. i am like wdf just happened here? well it is my damn turn to pace him so i get another shot at that mustard yellow m3 and he went ahead and said that i couldnt hang, but i came up with the excuse that i had missed a gear ( i didnt miss a damn thing, but i hoped that powershifting this time would help me hang with him)
he said allright lets do it again and we slowed back down to 30mph (this time i am determined to get an early jump on him) and off we go. i managed to stay half a car ahead through second gear, but when he slams third he is pulling away from me and kept pulling. so i took the loss like a man and pulled up next to him to ask him what the hell did that m3 have? he said " alot" and by alot i found out it was a supercharger, cams, full exhaust, chip, no back seats, light weight wheels, etc etc etc..
i got to get a rematch once i get my bolt ons. i was very surprised on how sweet that m3 looks and how nice it moved..
Old 05-08-2005, 12:02 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Wow, I would think that an m3 with those mods would be a lot quicker than it was. Anyway nice kill/death
Old 05-08-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But wait he does have a z06!!
Old 05-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

DAMN! I love those M3's, but that thing must have been fast to beat a Z06, even a stock one. The stock M3 with 333hp, is still pretty quick (notice I didn't say fast) but to beat a 12 sec car like that, he must have dumped some serious money on that thing. Can you say "Dinan!"
Old 05-08-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

well add the supercharger, cam, exhaust, etc etc etc and i see at least 430-440rwhp with the right tune. also, he had weight reductions and he has that special transmission some of them have..yes, he beat my z06 and that thing was louder than mine. however, i think his options are about done in the modding department. meanwhile, mine havent even begun lol
Old 05-08-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Talking

Nice death, but it sounds like you showed well for a stocker. Add a cam headers and tune and you will rape that M3....