Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

taxi cab driver wanted to run.....

Old 05-09-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default taxi cab driver wanted to run.....

I don't post here much but thought this was funny and interesting, fair read.

I was going home from a friends house. And you know theirs times where you just want to go fast. You don't look for races, you don't accellerate like a beast at a green light. But you take her to 45mph or whatever the speed limit is, fast and go, 5 or 10, over right.

Well Im on a miles road, with some stop lights. I get a red light, then the light turns green, Im going fast. A taxi isn't supposed to be right next to me, I left the light at a good speed. But now he is passing me -im at 55- so I push the gas pedal a little -not a good street to go over 65- and he keeps gunning it. I wasn't able to force a downshit, so I only got 1 car on him and decided to shuck it down -1 car was good enough for this part of the road. Im about to make a left turn and im heading home. The lights turn red and no cars are lined in front of the red lights -theirs two lanes free. So instead of making a left turn as I was going to do. I go to the next lane roll down my window, incase the taxi cab guy is going to line up. He does. I turn and try to make eye contact, nothing. So I say to myself. No race. But if he guns it, then I will. And just in case, I downshift to second -A4.

Light turns green Im going , then I hear his engine roar loudly and he's about to pass me -no he's not- I was in second gear, I hit the gas pedal jump two cars in front of him put it in 3rd gear I know got 5 or more car on him, I hit the brakes. Slow down to give him thumbs up for wanting to race his taxi cab, in the name of fun.

As im slowing down, again Mr. taxi thinks he can do a rice by. Im like what the ****? So I throw back down to second gear and jump 3 cars on him, shut it down, then I stay with him and this time were about to approach a red light. I give him thumbs up. This time he turns and waves to show respect. I make a left turn and im on my way.

Now I understand why people manully **** their automatic trannies. Dam, I wish I would have bought a Camaro with a Manul transmission. Either way had fun and like how my car responds when manul downshifting, totally different car. I know I need a stall converter. I've been planning on buying one, then my tranny went on me and now im entering another job, so im putting the stall on hold again. I could of left him blocks away, but I ain't trying to go over 100mph and I don't know if I did or didn't to be honest I know I could have got more out of 2nd gear -i think but was afraid of red lining. I know I'll probably get flamed for not killing the taxi, but it was a fun unexpected run.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

hahaha definately a funny read...you must think those taxi drivers must get boerd driving there cars around all damn day he gotta havea little excitment u know
Old 05-09-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This was a good one. It's silly to race a taxi cab, but Mel Brooks is silly too.

Search this Thread