Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 SS vs 405hp Z06 short race

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 SS vs 405hp Z06 short race

Heading for work this mourning and pull up behind a very nice newer blue vette. I'm thinking it was just like the other vettes around and pay no mind. I happen to look at the plate and it says "405HPZ06", and the drool starts. Instantly at 6 am I'm wide awake and give him alittle rev while sitting behind him at the light. We pull up on a large truck and we are both turning onto a 4 lane highway. The truck turns onto the passing lane leaving the left lane open and the Z06 quickly starts to pass as I followed then he hammers it as I do to. My car shifted into 1st and spun hard and shifted into 2nd still spinning. I kept on it b/c it was a Z06 and ran it up to 65 before we both let off. I think he seen my car kick out b/c I was way sideways not letting off and hanging with him. I seen black smoke out of his exhaust the whole time so I'm sure he was spinning also b/c he never did pull away. I pulled pass him to give him the thumbs up and he had the big smile and was shaking his head up and down like a big hell yeah. He gave me the thumbs as did I and we both went on our ways. I know his car would spank me in the normal world but the look on his face told me that he thought me car was fast. Luckily he didn't stay in it long after we quit spinning. I thought maybe he even had his traction control on, I don't know. It was fun messing with a awesome car and a cool guy that for once.
Eric
Old 05-10-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i wish everyone was that nice whenever u play around. either people tell me to grow up (they have the same car as i do) or they just stare. either way, finding someone actually cool about it is rare.