Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'98 Z vs. '05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '98 Z vs. '05 GT

Last saturday, I was out to eat with some friends, and heard about a guy in town that had just bought an '05 GT M5, and had been telling everybody that it was pretty nasty. He is in his mid 40s, and had been cruising the local high school hang-outs, running the normal high school beaters, and talking ****. Supposedly nobody could beat him, and this guy seemed to have a pretty big ego around those kids.
Leaving the restaurant, I decided to cruise a little around the loop in town, and see if I could find this Mustang. Not too long into the evening, I saw him ahead of me in traffic, and soon ended up behind him. We cruised for a little while, and I noticed he had a car load of high schoolers. Real cool. We pulled into the Wal-Mart, to talk a little ****, and he rolled up saying "V-8 Baby", or some **** like that. He quickly informed me that he had me covered, and I accepted the challenge.
I again followed him out to where we would line 'em up, cleaned the Nitto DRs off, and one of his little teeny-bopper groupies counted us off. I got off the line without too much drama, and had 4-5 car lengths on him before I even hit 2nd. I lifted, allowing him to catch up, where he promptly told me that he had missed 2nd gear. Huh? I ask him if he wants to try it again, and he accepts. We turn around and head back to where we were going to start again, and he let out the rest of his fans. A quick burnout, and I was ready. One of his groupies again counted us off, and I got off the line nice and clean. By the time I hit 2nd, I was clearly ahead, and pulling rapidly. Before 3rd, he was fully in my rearview, and not gaining any ground. I shut down at about 100, and again pulled to the side of the road. He pulled up, incredulous. He asked what I was running and explained that I was completely stock, with NO mods, other than the Nittos. The look on his and the 4 teeny-boppers faces made it worth it. This old bastard with a big mouth had just had his *** handed to him by a BONE STOCK Z, with an A4 no less.
As I left, I called my buddy that I had dinner with, and informed him of the kill. He was thrilled, as was my girlfriend who had been sitting in the passenger seat the whole time. I found out later that it had been her first street race, and she now wants to race next time we get a challenge like that. Hmmmn, this could be the start of something.........Expensive.

Last edited by Sandmann120; 05-11-2005 at 03:16 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Nice race, those new GT's don't really impress me to much at all.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt SS
Nice race, those new GT's don't really impress me to much at all.
They look nice.

Sandman120: You're right, expensive.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

They may look nice from the outside but have they changed the interior yet? God I hope so.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, they changed it. You're right about the G/F wanting to go racing with ya. That can get real expensive, real quick. Good kill. The '05's will get quicker as peeps start modding them.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my buddies got a modded 05, its pretty quick if ya ask me, but not faster than mine.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

what do the new mustangs run stock
Old 05-11-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
my buddies got a modded 05, its pretty quick if ya ask me, but not faster than mine.
Damn Agrv8d, get rid of the movie. It slows down my puter when I'm scrolling.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

^ Get a faster computer then. There is no replacement for computer displacement. How many gigs you runnin'? Upgraded the RAM? What are your cpu GHz trap speeds?

Nice kill on the Mustang. What the hell is a 40 yr old doin with a buncha kids in his car?? Wonder if he's a priest...
Old 05-11-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cerberus
^ Get a faster computer then. There is no replacement for computer displacement. How many gigs you runnin'? Upgraded the RAM? What are your cpu GHz trap speeds?

Nice kill on the Mustang. What the hell is a 40 yr old doin with a buncha kids in his car?? Wonder if he's a priest...
1600MHz Pentium with 512MB Ram I like to have a bunch of tabs open on Mozilla. I'm on a laptop where the graphic cards are a little slower.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Teching In

hes pry jacko's boy, but its all completly innocent nothing wrong with 45 yr olds hanging out with childern.......right?
Old 05-11-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

That was what I was thinking. Hanging around high-schoolers, looking for races, cruising with (IMHO) little girls. Not cool at all. The girlfriend asked me tonight about putting a stall and a shift kit in the Z, and then a cam. I didn't even know she knew what all that was. Works for me though, at least I won't have to explain the financial logistics of modifying a perfectly good car to her. Thanks for the props, I agree that the new GTs look pretty good, even if the performance is still sub-par. Although, when the new Cobras hit the streets, things could get ugly for us. Those should be pretty nasty.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sandmann120
..This old bastard with a big mouth had just had his *** handed to him by a BONE STOCK Z, with an A4 no less. ..
The outcome doesn't surprise me ... auto LS1 Fbodies aren't necessarily slower than manuals in drag racing (especially with average driver skills).

I enjoy seeing big mouths get beat nevertheless .
Old 05-12-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I just put that part in about it being an auto because he made such a big deal about his being a manual. I was talking to my dad about this guy today, and he said he went to high school with him. Sounds like he was an asshat 25 years ago, too. Of course, my dad used to outrun him on a daily basis back then as well. This guy just can't get ahead.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Launching!

so it was a 2nd generation *** whooping!!! lol
Old 05-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Launching!

I ran my first 05 gt on saturday too. It was from a 50mph roll to about 115 on the freeway. I was pretty impressed by it because i only beat it by about 3/4 to 1 car length. After that he told my brother he was running a 150 shot and had some bolt ons.He said he was impressed that i got him like that. I was happy because i had just installed my headers and ory earlier that day.