Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

sat nite fun

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 09:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sat nite fun

Never really went street racing before but hey it was my birthday. had three encounters with my 224/lt headers TD's weight reduced to 3200#. 1st was a really tricked out STI. He didn't want to talk after so I don't know his mods. He had a really loud BOV? I reved him and he made this loud blowing sound really LOUD! That biotch got ahead of me from a dig but it didn't last long after I hit second he was at my rear wheel. he let off by the time I hit top of 3rd. Now I am having fun. seen a sweet 62 nova SS. reved him he got me from a short run from a roll. I asked him to follow me out of town. We line up & off we go, I spun bad in first hit second & I am spinning unusally long w/o hitting my shift light WTF? He gets ahead. His damn car was so loud I couldn't hear mine & I have TSP TD's. Well my car grabbed finally & I went by him like a ****. Got him by 3-4 car lengths. We bs'd afterward he has a 383 stroker running 12.0 to 1 compression on 110 race gas. No wonder it was so loud. He was cool as hell. Went back to the scene of the crime to check out my cool burn out, guess what no 2nd gear rubber, not good. Raised my hood & bad smell of burned clutch, damn. Let her cool for for an hour & we left together. A nice looking supra with personalized plates BOOSTEN starts reving my new friend, I thought they were going to go but didn't & sure as **** cop sitting at next block. The supra then lays some rubber next to the nova then turns right. I catch him and as soon as I get beside him with me in 2nd he punches it. I am at too low rpm's but I just keep her pegged, we ran side by side until I hit my power band & it's c-ya. My girlfriend says OH MY GOD, COP! I look to my left & there he sits facing us sitting dark in a parking lot. I am doing what? maybe 70 in a 35 in town. Of course there were not any cars in sight. My car is LOUD to boot. I go by him & he just looks at us, I get ready to pull over but nope he never came after us. He must be cool as hell. Maybe boring night for you guys but I had a blast. Ordered new clutch today. I am quite proud of my car, it must be pretty quick.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:56 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

congrats man that sounds like a hell of a night!
Old 05-24-2005, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

Lucky you, no street racing ticket.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Lucky you, no street racing ticket.
Indeed, I don't know if I would be hanging out in that area. Seems to be cops everywhere!

Sounds like a nice night to be out playing, til the cops show up, lol.