Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 Z28 vs. 03 Lightning... rematch

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 06:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Z28 vs. 03 Lightning... rematch

A few weeks ago I posted a thread when I took on my buddy's lightning with my lightly bolt-on z28 from a 40 roll. The short story there... He pulled about 6 to 7 cars on me before he let off at around what he said was 120. After I got my STS setup completed I knew I had to run him again. Last friday night 8 of us, including the two of us, went to the track in Eliz. City, NC. On our way there we all started getting a little worked up so we'd take on each other, the only thing I was looking forward to was making my way up to the front of the pack. We finally get to line up and are doing about 60. Finally, we smash it and I hear his supercharger whining like a little kid who just had his lollipop stolen. I look over and to my surprise, we're dead even. From about 110 to 120 he got a bumper on me, and then from 120 to about 125 I caught up and get about the same on him. We eventually left off at about 130 or so, Final result? We were both dead even. While it didn't prove which one of our cars is "better", it did give everyone else driving w/ us a pretty good show. He's all ready putting down 433 rwhp w/ a 150 shot on the way... it's gonna be pretty ugly if we go again. But who knows, maybe I'll do something to get that little push before he gets his nos in. Either way, still looking for a buyer for my car so another race may or may not happen. See ya on the road.

Note: Very special thanks to Billy at TRTTURBO, He helped me so many times getting the kinks worked out of my install I lost count. Anyone thinking about going STS, PM him. You won't be disappointed.