Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally Beat A Camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Beat A Camaro!

so we are out at my friends farm, i changed the oil in my friends camaro, and cleaned my K&N on my truck.
he has a nice smooth, flat 1/2 mile straight.
from the stop sign to the first drainage ditch it a 1/4 mile.
my truck had cooled off by the time i got the oil changed and my filter cleaned so i knew it was goin to be fun!
his '89 RS 305ci, 5speed, 3.08grs? not to sure on that?, no cats, flowmaster 80series, bosh platinum 4's, bosh wires, k&n, and a new clutch.

my '00 ECSB 5.3, hypercraper, K&N intake, stock exhaust, few extra lbs of guns & tools.

so we start out doin a 1/4,
he goes ahead and revs up to bout 2k, i tell him ill go when i see his front end go up. he starts slipping the clutch, i c his front end start rising, i wait bout half a sec, i already have my truck stalled up ready to launch, and we are off!
he doesnt get far, when my tach get so 3.5k im passing him and i hear him ****** 2nd and it barks the tires, when mine shifts to 2nd im gone! i probably get 3-4 car lengths on him??

2nd round,
i told him when i see his tail lights im goin to count to 3 then ill go. so we turn around at the top of the hill, that away we have a 1/2 mile run.
he revs up to bout 3k, starts slippin the clutch and he is off, i count to 3 and hammer on it, i hear him when he hits 2nd it barks the tires, my truck winds out 1st to 6k and now im in 2nd when i passed him i was doin 60mph, well needless to say by then end of 1/2 mile i had a few lengths on him.

but it was all in fun so... next time im goin to get my buddy on his ninja 250 to race my friend in the '89 camaro. that should be funny.

by the way that was my 5th kill!! i dont find it as much fun racing chevy vs chevy? i like eating them fords and dodges.
till next time!
Old 06-06-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
so we are out at my friends farm, i changed the oil in my friends camaro, and cleaned my K&N on my truck.
he has a nice smooth, flat 1/2 mile straight.
from the stop sign to the first drainage ditch it a 1/4 mile.
my truck had cooled off by the time i got the oil changed and my filter cleaned so i knew it was goin to be fun!
his '89 RS 305ci, 5speed, 3.08grs? not to sure on that?, no cats, flowmaster 80series, bosh platinum 4's, bosh wires, k&n, and a new clutch.

my '00 ECSB 5.3, hypercraper, K&N intake, stock exhaust, few extra lbs of guns & tools.

so we start out doin a 1/4,
he goes ahead and revs up to bout 2k, i tell him ill go when i see his front end go up. he starts slipping the clutch, i c his front end start rising, i wait bout half a sec, i already have my truck stalled up ready to launch, and we are off!
he doesnt get far, when my tach get so 3.5k im passing him and i hear him ****** 2nd and it barks the tires, when mine shifts to 2nd im gone! i probably get 3-4 car lengths on him??

2nd round,
i told him when i see his tail lights im goin to count to 3 then ill go. so we turn around at the top of the hill, that away we have a 1/2 mile run.
he revs up to bout 3k, starts slippin the clutch and he is off, i count to 3 and hammer on it, i hear him when he hits 2nd it barks the tires, my truck winds out 1st to 6k and now im in 2nd when i passed him i was doin 60mph, well needless to say by then end of 1/2 mile i had a few lengths on him.

but it was all in fun so... next time im goin to get my buddy on his ninja 250 to race my friend in the '89 camaro. that should be funny.

by the way that was my 5th kill!! i dont find it as much fun racing chevy vs chevy? i like eating them fords and dodges.
till next time!
So you uhh....beat a 185whp car.... thats..... super ?
Old 06-06-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

hey he wanted to know how fast his was? i wasnt the one that started the converstion. his thinking was that he can beat stock GTs on the interstate so my truck from a dead stop wouldnt be hard to beat. is that all they really have? 185ish rwhp?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 86 TPI T/A was rated at 190hp stock. So accually less...
Old 06-06-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

oh gosh i didnt know they were that low. and this car is a TBI. ok so now we have a 350 fixin to be ready to be dropped in. come out of a 87 truck. we just have to get a locker and a carb.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:21 PM
12 Second Club

his L03 (305 TBI motor) had 170 HP stock with 255 ft-lbs of torque, IIRC.