Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

This is a serious death guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is a serious death guys

I was headed to work on Monday after leaving my g/f's place. It had been gorgeous all day so I had been cruisin with the tops out. We returned home from a speedydrive through the country and it starts to rain. I put the tops in and leave for work about 30 mins later. At this point it is hailing and raining straight down and sideways. I continue my 5 min drive to work across flooded city streets. My car is lowered 2in, keep this in mind. I pull into the mall parking unable to see. There is somewhat of a river running through the lot. Before I know what happens the water hits my airdam, on into the bov, and into my motor. The water went in and two rods came out. I go to cancel the insurance on the car to prepare for a serious build, being that I will need the extra $300 a month to buy myslef presents. The insurance company is acctually goin to cover the damages up to $4k or total my car out. In either case I am going to buy a shortblock and build a motor with me covering the difference, or buy my car back and start a nice project. I know this wasn't a race, but it was indeed a death.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bad death!!! Damn sorry to hear it man.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like something for the Lounge to me since it has nothing to due with street racing.