Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Destroyed a 99 Formula M6 ;-)

Old 06-19-2005, 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Destroyed a 99 Formula M6 ;-)

... okay. I lied. Big Props to 99FormulaM6, last night we met up at a car meet near by. I've been dying to run him since I got my STS on my car regardless of how **** poorly it's running right now. After the meet, we drove back home on the interstate. It was me, him, his buddy in his untuned cammed z28, another one of his friends stealth tt (mods unknown) and my buddies 03 lightly modded Lightning. (all races are from a 40 roll) The first run was Me vs. Formula vs. z28. We punched it and at about 80 I was about 4 cars behind. I started closing the gap by 100. But I was still 1 1/2 - 2 cars behind by the time they let up. They were both neck. I stayed out of the way for the next race and the lightning took my place. They were in front of me when they lined up and took off. Instantly, the formula jumped out in front w/ the z28 shortly behind and the L holding his pacing w/ the z28. All in all. The z28 and the formula were pretty much dead even the entire night, w/ the L always close behind. I gave up trying until I figure out what's robbing all my power.

PS. Chris, Brandon says your cars a beast and he wants a rematch when we get back. Who knows what he's planning now.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Teching In

hm....I might know the cars..was the forumla a ws6? blue? or not...might still be down with a broken rear
Old 06-25-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Junkie

no, my cars pewter

me and Nick (the untuned Z) are even no matter what speed we go from. ill get the jump, and hold my lead, and he cant close, and hell get the jump and i cant close and neither of us pull on each other. weve tried everything to get an even start, but we both are cammed with TD's so i cant hear him honk the horn and he cant hear me

i would like to run that lightning again, that guy was quick. he would get the jump on me, but i would make it up. and he would hit it when i was downshifting i was in 5th and was putting it in 2nd, and he took i off.lol. is he on your boat? when are you getting back?
Old 06-25-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Junkie

oh, and one time, when i was next to the lighting, i help up 1 finger to tell him to wait so i could downshift...since he would hit it when i was in the middle of downshifting...and he thought i meant 1st. or i assume so, because he slowed to about 35 or so on the interstate. lol
Old 06-26-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by reocamaro
... okay. I lied. Big Props to 99FormulaM6, last night we met up at a car meet near by. I've been dying to run him since I got my STS on my car regardless of how **** poorly it's running right now. After the meet, we drove back home on the interstate. It was me, him, his buddy in his untuned cammed z28, another one of his friends stealth tt (mods unknown) and my buddies 03 lightly modded Lightning. (all races are from a 40 roll) The first run was Me vs. Formula vs. z28. We punched it and at about 80 I was about 4 cars behind. I started closing the gap by 100. But I was still 1 1/2 - 2 cars behind by the time they let up. They were both neck. I stayed out of the way for the next race and the lightning took my place. They were in front of me when they lined up and took off. Instantly, the formula jumped out in front w/ the z28 shortly behind and the L holding his pacing w/ the z28. All in all. The z28 and the formula were pretty much dead even the entire night, w/ the L always close behind. I gave up trying until I figure out what's robbing all my power.

PS. Chris, Brandon says your cars a beast and he wants a rematch when we get back. Who knows what he's planning now.
with an STS turbo kit on there you shoulda have ruled all you really need to find out whats wrong before something goes boom boom
Old 06-26-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98SuperSport
with an STS turbo kit on there you shoulda have ruled all you really need to find out whats wrong before something goes boom boom
calm down killer. the formula can never lose.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

calm down killer. the formula can never lose.
Oooooh really?? :-) We'll have to double check that one.

And I don't think I have to worry about anything going boom boom too soon. But I agree, I definitely need to get it retuned.

Chris, By the way, do you know of any places where I can pick up an aluminum grille?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

eh, sponsors >>>>>>>>>>>
thats my sugestion. you guys still underway?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:45 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, I'll be back by thursday. Was supposed to take my car down to Carolina Auto Masters but I decided to buy the methanol and won't have that by friday so I postponed that.

Thanks for the "master-of-the-obvious" -------> :-) Honestly, wasn't even thinking about that.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:58 AM
TECH Junkie

damn, i wish we had internet underway lpd's suck

how much is the methanol?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't beat you right now but if I get it tuned and take all that **** out of the back I think I'll get you Chris. Besides, Dustin installed that passenger side header gasket upside down. That can't be helping anything. I think we're going to replace those this weekend so watch out .

Reocamaro, when I dynoed my car at DTP they said that they'd gotten about the same power as you out of another STS kit they installed. I'm pretty sure they just don't know how to tune. Not LS1's anyway.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

nick?

and you should be faster than me with a tune. the **** in the back doesnt really matter...have you seen the back of mine?lol. i got a few hundred pounds...and now my clutch is back there now as well. DJ (with the silver Z w. black zr1's) just put his new clutch in on saturday, so when we go out to NN on sat he should be coming too.

when did you dyno your car @ DTP? SMS is having a sale until the end of the month for 55 bucks. 3 pulls with A/F. i made 375/370
Old 06-27-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
nick?

and you should be faster than me with a tune. the **** in the back doesnt really matter...have you seen the back of mine?lol. i got a few hundred pounds...and now my clutch is back there now as well. DJ (with the silver Z w. black zr1's) just put his new clutch in on saturday, so when we go out to NN on sat he should be coming too.

when did you dyno your car @ DTP? SMS is having a sale until the end of the month for 55 bucks. 3 pulls with A/F. i made 375/370
Wouldn't have guessed it was me with that name, huh? I made it up when I was 16 and had my '65 chevy pickup and it just stuck with me. You'd think I'd be faster with a tune but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm also not sure if that header gasket being installed wrong affects anything but it does have a nasty leak. I definitely need to clean out the back of the old camaro. Its rough living on the ship and having almost everything you own in the back of your car . Its about damn time DJ got his car fixed up, I haven't seen it since he got the black wheels. This ship is driving me ******* crazy, we got a new chief and I've been waxing floors since 7:45 this morning. I dynoed my car at DTP in January, I think it was the weekend before I met you guys. At that point the only thing I had done to it was the flowmaster and K&N and she put down 323rwhp and 340rwtq. I'm kind of interested to see what she'll put down now. Well, its back to waxing floors for me. Take it easy man.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

Why are you so upset at 375/370? You say it's only a cam only car. I'd think those are some pretty decent numbers for your car. I definitely notice every one of your 375 horses when we get on the interstate and I'm behind you!!! :sad: How many miles do you have on your 555r's? I've been wanting to get a set of them but I can't afford tires that only last 5000 miles.

PS. Waxing floors sucks ***! I can't wait until we pull in.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, an LS1 with a Turbo going 14.0@110?!? 354/379 on the dyno?!? Thats the most ridiculous thing I have seen in some time! Good luck getting things straightened out!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

when are you guys pulling in? its crazy you guys have internet underway.lucky bastards. were lucky if our email stays up.lol. im not complaining about the 375 from a cam only car, but i want more.lol. and nick, i live on the ship, and i dont have nearly as much stuff as you in the car.lol. this sunday i might goto MIR, you both should come if i do. itll be fun and if you guys go, we'd prolly have about 6 of us going...hopefully. and i dont have the 555r's on anymore, took them off for winter, and now im waiting for these to go out so i can put them on again. they were pretty good, while it was warm. but once the temp droped, so did their stickness.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:42 AM
12 Second Club

I'm up for going, but I think it's my time to just sit back and watch. I all ready know I'm going to pull consistant 14.0's so there's no need for me to run it down the track. Brandon said that he'd go.

Anyone still reading this thread besides the three of us and residing near norfolk, Va. DO NOT GO TO DYNOTUNED PERFORMANCE OUT OF CHESAPEAKE, VA. They'll rob you blind.

Search this Thread