Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

kills from a few days pt.2

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default kills from a few days pt.2

later on in the evening last night, i met up at best buy with my friend and his buddy. one drives a cammed pewter Z w. TD's, headers, and few other mods, and his friend has a TT stealth. were heading out to the local spot, to see if anything is going on, and of course we have some fun on the way. my buddy in the Z has a bigger cam than me, but still on stock tune. so right now, were about even. we went a few times, with us staying even most of the time, unless something happened (ie missed gear, slow for cars, etc).

we meet up with my friend Justin (reocamaro) with his sts turbo'd, a4 Z28, and his buddy in a blue lightning at the local spot. we stayed for a little bit and met a guy with a cammed NBM WS6 (dont know is he's on here) and a guy in a 454 SS truck, and another lightning guy (he stopped to help a few months back when some *** ran into my car on the side of the road). we talked for a little bit, but i had other plans, so we rolled out after about 30-40 mins.

on the way back, we all left together (except the NBM WS6). im in front, with everyone else following. when i get on the on-ramp, its 2 lanes for a while, then drops to one right before you merge with reg. traffic. the TT Stealth comes up beside me, and i slow to about 35, put it in first, and motion for him to go. when i see him go, i hit it. wind thru first pretty quick, bang 2nd (got a lil loose) and procede to put car lengths on him. i slowed down, mainly b/c it wouldve been a waste to stay in it. then my buddy in the STS Z came up. his 1st gear is screwed, so weve never got to run from a dig, only from a roll. were doing about 45-50, and im in 2nd (hes A4) i motion for him to have the hit. he floors it, and so do it. hes about a car ahead since he had the hit, but by mid 3rd, im passing. went again with same results. then i tell him im done, and i want to try the blue lightning (i know for sure he had Nitto's, pulley, 4 1/4'' drop, intake(?), and exhaust(?), and was making 4xxhp and 5xxtq). i come next to him, and put it in 2nd and am letting the rpms rise, but he thinks im going so he gets the jump. hes about 1/2 car ahead and stays there for a second, but by the top of 3rd im passing, with my buddy in his pewter Z28 coming up on the lightning's other side (teamwork, baby ). the lighting kept getting the jump, b/c he would hit it when i was putting it in a lower gear. finally i pull next to him and tell him to wait (put up 1 finger) but he thought i meant first gear (i think) b/c he slowed down to about 30mph or so (in the middle of the highway ). so i put it in 1st, and tell him to go first. he hits it, and i hit it about a 1/2 second after he did. by end of 2nd im next to him, and once i hit 3rd im pulling ahead. all in all it was a fast truck, but i need to get a short stick (hurst shifter w. stock stick) and put in my new clutch, as the clutch was slipping and im granny shifting to be easy on it, and the rear.

after that, the lightning got off @ the next exit and we continued on our way. we all kept running each other, with the last run thru the tunnel. which was me and my friend in the cammed, pewter Z. lets just say loud doesnt adequately describe the tunnel when we were in it. two cammed cars with duals at WOT...im sure you can imagine. i need to get a new video camera and fab up a mount thatll be fun

thanks for your time
Old 06-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like a night to remember. bad *** cars
Old 06-19-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

So you pulled a STS turbo Z? . . .ok. Thats wierd because I thought they were over 500rwhp.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TransAmLT1
So you pulled a STS turbo Z? . . .ok. Thats wierd because I thought they were over 500rwhp.
depends if the z has other mods, a bone stock ls1 on 5-6 psi will dyno 430-450 to the wheels.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:44 AM
TECH Junkie

he has the base sts kit, with 5# of boost