Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street racing laws in tenessee?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street racing laws in tenessee?

Anyone got a link to a laws page or know about racing in parking lots and non-public roads? In tennessee?
Old 06-22-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by f0xball
Anyone got a link to a laws page or know about racing in parking lots and non-public roads? In tennessee?

It all depends where you live in Tn.....If you live in teh Clarksville area, go to the Clarksville Motor Speed way....On Friday nights they run the 1/8th mile.....that is all they have....Unless you talk and ask around you might find a race with someone out on a dark street....LMAO

Good luck...
Old 06-23-2005, 03:17 AM
Teching In

No I was really looking for the laws or a tennessee law page. I can find a street race anytime I get guys trying to race all the time. Even, the other night I was driving a friends zx3 focus and we drowned out this guys system so the guy wanted to race. LOL still don't get the connection. The trans am is like rice bate.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

What part of Tennessee?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

i know that in Cleveland (near chattanooga) the local law used to be if your caught street racing you get a huge fine. a few guys i know had their cars taken, license lost and spent some time in jail.
Then had to post bond, get the car out of impound, and no INS company would cover them after that because of the racing fine.
You also have to pay huge fines to get your license back after it's suspended for a set amount of time (6months to a year IIRC)
Old 06-24-2005, 05:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mimic42100
i know that in Cleveland (near chattanooga) the local law used to be if your caught street racing you get a huge fine. a few guys i know had their cars taken, license lost and spent some time in jail.
Then had to post bond, get the car out of impound, and no INS company would cover them after that because of the racing fine.
You also have to pay huge fines to get your license back after it's suspended for a set amount of time (6months to a year IIRC)
Thats got to bite. Most states are like that though. I was looking to find the street racing laws for parking lots and non-public roads. So, like if we throw cones out in a parking lot, airport(I've always wanted to try that) or field(not the TA). I can't get a ticket. But I know some states if its no state road your ok.

Quick Reply: Street racing laws in tenessee?