Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My SS vs. Evo

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My SS vs. Evo

Well I finally got to race an Evo for once and was wanting to know what the hype was about. I was on 141 (for those of you in St. Louis) and see this evo in front of me at a light. He revs at the light and takes off with me directly behind him, so I hit it and wait till the next light. We get to the next light and we both go and he (with the AWD) gets a half a car on me and he never pulled and I stayed at the same spot. We hit another light this time I get a absolutely perfect launch and by the time I shift into 2nd he is half a car behind me, then TWO MORE STOP LIGHTS we race again!!! and they were both dead ties... very nice car and he had exhaust and some type of hella loud BOV, I was impressed but proud at the same time because I held my own and I think he had the faster car because I thought those run 13 flat stock and he was not stock (i have MAF, lid, free mods, and short stick)..... however in one more month I shall have my cam and full exhaust with a ORY and the outcome shall be different
Old 07-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Nice kill, how hard were you pulling on second? because i raced an evo mr, we went
from a ~35 roll he punched it when i was at his door and to 80 i was pulling slowly
and managed to put him about a 1/2 car behind me we shut it down and i was still slowly crawling.

96 formula M6 (cai)
Old 07-13-2005, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

With a LS1 you should be able to beat him pretty easy from a roll but from a dig ti will be a race for you to fight for. He will have the easy, rev it to 6k adn dump the cluths while you have to worry about a little thing called traction. You still should pull him once ya get outta 2nd. GJ man

John
Old 07-15-2005, 03:21 AM
11 Second Club

You should leard how to lauch your car better. An LS1 should beat those cars.
At least we beat them here in NJ.
I never saw an EVO be able to take an LS1 , unless it was not stock ,and the LS1 was bone stock.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
With a LS1 you should be able to beat him pretty easy from a roll but from a dig ti will be a race for you to fight for. He will have the easy, rev it to 6k adn dump the cluths while you have to worry about a little thing called traction. You still should pull him once ya get outta 2nd. GJ man

John
Thats how a tranny get's destroyed.... they slip the clutch a little.

Chase what color was the EVO?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:12 AM
SSU, come over and relax

thats why you need a loud exhaust so you can rev your car up and stall his

light turns green

you go

he doesnt
Old 07-15-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

on the highway, they arent too impressive, i beat one too...he got the jump on me, but i went flying by him shortly after...its really good that you kept up with him from the lights, but once your get to 2nd you should start pulling him, by 3rd it would be ugly unless he had a different turbo setup or nitrous. good kill
Old 07-15-2005, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nocturnal SS
I never saw an EVO be able to take an LS1 , unless it was not stock ,and the LS1 was bone stock.
The awd will always get the LS1 off the line. If it doesnt then the awd driver sucks.

That evo must of been pretty modded for you not to be able to put buslenghts between you two.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:24 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
The awd will always get the LS1 off the line. If it doesnt then the awd driver sucks.

That evo must of been pretty modded for you not to be able to put buslenghts between you two.
Not always.
Not when the AWD guy pulls up to an ls1 powered car on a sticky tire and drag friendly suspension. That's when the tables turn.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Cool story! Evo's are nice cars though.. They handle like a dream! Gotta respect a nice car even when its not your blood.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Stock Evo's run 13.4-13.5 stock. Also to run a 13.4-13.5 means a GOOD driver. Most guys around my town, can't launch for their life. Like any car, it takes practice. And by reving to 6k and dumoping it, that is a good way to say I want a new trans/clutch.
When I had my 02 WRX, it took a while to get the launch down, but once I did, nothing rwd or fwd with street tires were keeping up outta the hole.
Now if a rwd had some slicks, then I had to worry!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I believe you cannot rev the MR to 6k and drop the clutch, something about a limiter.

Originally Posted by Nocturnal SS
I've got a buddy who has an EVO that would probably destroy you, so I wouldn't be that cocky when racing an EVO.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
I've got a buddy who has an EVO that would probably destroy you, so I wouldn't be that cocky when racing an EVO.
wow, and ive got a buddy who has a civic that would probably destroy your buddy's EVO, so i guess the next time a civic with a fart can comes up to me i should watch out?

there's always a faster car, and many more camaros that are faster than lancers, you had a ricer response bud
Old 07-19-2005, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98SuperSport
wow, and ive got a buddy who has a civic that would probably destroy your buddy's EVO, so i guess the next time a civic with a fart can comes up to me i should watch out?

One, the car probably would not and two I doubt you have that friend in the first place noob. On the internet the "friend" is always faster. As for being afraid from a civic, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Originally Posted by 98SuperSport
there's always a faster car, and many more camaros that are faster than lancers, you had a ricer response bud
Yea, there is always a faster car.

There are probably more EVOS out there that are faster than your car than slower or shall they all bow down to your 13.5

I love how you threw in ricer there, makes you feel all tuffff right? It's too bad that it made absolutly no sense.

If I made a "ricer" response, you have made a moronic reponse "bud".
Old 07-19-2005, 01:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU
thats why you need a loud exhaust so you can rev your car up and stall his

light turns green

you go

he doesnt
Ahem.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are probably more EVOS out there that are faster than your car than slower or shall they all bow down to your 13.5
I keep hearin' about fast EVOs. I haven't run into one on the street yet, but I've been to different race tracks over the past couple of years... of the 10 or so I've seen, only a couple were able to break into the 13's. Where are all of the fast ones I keep reading about?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:04 AM
Teching In

mine's decently quick.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

One, the car probably would not and two I doubt you have that friend in the first place noob. On the internet the "friend" is always faster. As for being afraid from a civic, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Yea, there is always a faster car.

I love how you threw in ricer there, makes you feel all tuffff right? It's too bad that it made absolutly no sense.

If I made a "ricer" response, you have made a moronic reponse "bud".
i was lieing about the civic thing, i dont hang out too much with honda guys and its hard to find many fast ones around here, congratulations on your buddy's fast evo, but for the most part they arent as fast as ls1's....

as for the ricer response, saying well i know a guy who has a faster evo than your car is gay, its just an excuse, if you want to tell me about his car i wouldnt mind listening but thats just a weak *** comeback
Old 07-19-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

besides, if an EVO was faster than me, at the line i would just start revving at him and his car would turn off
Old 07-19-2005, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

I will agree with 98 supersport, that was a pretty stupid thing to say. "I've got a buddy"