Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02ws6 vs. 05 Roush,99mustang

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 02:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02ws6 vs. 05 Roush,99mustang

Well guys story time again . Last weekend I was cruising at the local spot and saw a 1999 black mustang following me around I noticed he had a girl I knew in the car and we started talking and they asked me if I wanted to run them. I agreed and we went to the spot. I reved the car up to 2grand and then flat punched it the tires went up in smoke but thankfully so did his. Anyway at the end I had him by about 5cars. When the race was over I asked him what was done he said stock and my cam bearing just went. He asked how fast I was and told him 12.30s with slicks, he laughed and said that was what he guessed and then the girl asked me how fast my WRX is. I told her it was 14s she said it would be a better race for them. At this time of b.s.ing I noticed a yellow with black racing stripes 05 Roush pull out in front of me and leave. I followed suit and caught him at a red light infront of all my friends. The light goes green and we both punch it I once again smoked my tires badly, and fell back to his door handle, we only went up to about 60-70ish and that was where I stayed. The next light we hit he said that he had me, I laughed and said yeah up to 60mph might be different in the full 1/4. But then a cop came and ended our fun.
Anyway now what to do, Heads and Cam or buy a speed boat, damn decisions.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:28 AM
TECH Resident

speed boat, your cars plenty fast... for now
Old 07-21-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02ws602wrx
...and then the girl asked me how fast my WRX is. I told her it was 14s she said it would be a better race for them. ... it I once again smoked my tires badly, and fell back to his door handle, we only went up to about 60-70ish and that was where I stayed. ...
Anyway now what to do, Heads and Cam or buy a speed boat, damn decisions.
How'd she know you had a wrx?
Dont do heads and cam until you can hook what you've got unless you want to spend more money and still loose to a car that I beat when I was stock. Speed boats are good too though.