Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99+ GT vs. 96-98 Cobra vs. ME ( 00 SS )

Old 07-21-2005, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99+ GT vs. 96-98 Cobra vs. ME ( 00 SS )

Well i was cruising home from work a few days ago when I see this yellow 99+ GT,so i just cruise right behind him til we see this red cobra pull up next to me so im thinking here we go.. We all start cutting through traffic til we pull up at a light with 3 lanes ( El Camino, Cali. ) So im in the middle lane and the GT is on my left and Cobra on my right, I look at the Cobra, he revs a bit then i look at the GT.. While i was looking at the GT the light hits GREEN.. All i hear i the Cobra rev and take off , as well as the GT.. So i punch it, by the time i caught up and passed the GT we were going about 30mph, then i passed up the Cobra goin about 55ish.. It was crazy fun.. And the street was a perfect street to race.. It was straight and long. I hit about 90mph and the GT was about 3-4 cars behind and the Cobra was about 1-2 cars behind. None of the drivers gave props, but thats probably cause they were too pissed at each other that none of them could take out a Chevy
Old 07-21-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill man you know what was done to any of the other cars
Old 07-21-2005, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

They both sounded like they had some exhaust work done. Around here in this side of the bay area not many mustangs do anything past exhaust and intake. This is all just by hearing. Never actually got to talk to them..
Old 07-22-2005, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Where in California are you? I live near modesto, if you have heard of that? What year cobra was that?

I just raced an SS dont know what year but it was a sick *** burnt orange color. We raced on highway 99 southbound. We were getting on the on ramp he was a couple of cars behind me and I waited for him. He flew past me so I pursued. It took me a few minutes to catch up to him, as it took him a while to slow down.

We got next to each other and he wasted no time and took off. By the time I reacted he was about a helf car on me, from then on it was like neither of us were moving, it was weird. We stayed dead even from 65 to 135 then i shut down, Neither of us pulled each other.

I decided to give it another shot so I caught up to him again, and with the same result. I really expected to get killed, becuase I know they are top end monsters, but then again those cams made a HELL OF A difference top end.

That was before I got my 4.10's tho. Now I want to see how I do in the city and on the freeway against one.

Search this Thread