Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

"400" hp WRX vs 2001 WS6....ha ha ha

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "400" hp WRX vs 2001 WS6....ha ha ha

First thing I have to ask is WHY wrx guys are such haters...?? I dont get it....I just ran the BIGGEST tool in a "400" hp wrx and he couldnt even pull his nose out in front of my KR ridden, ypipe bangin LS1....I was starting to nose HIM when we let off...too funny, kids these days.

He said it had a bigger turbo, but i didnt get the rest of the mod list....it was quick, but I hesitated to give props because the youngster just came off like a total *******...i mean totally arrogant. Hopefully I'll run into him with the bottle open next time.........

I hope that little homo cruises this forum.........
Old 07-22-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

so i assume you smoked the crap out of him... details man! If a ricer's being a jackass we want to hear about it!
Old 07-22-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

they're such haters because the wrx is basically the king of the ricer fan boi cars cuz its somewhat fast. "holy shittt mannn it runs 13-14s OMGSHH FASTst car EVrRR"
Old 07-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Launching!

I wont say it was a slow wrx, in fact it was a pretty strong runner for a non-sti but talking 400 hp crap and then not being able to wax a bolt on LS1 is pretty funny imo...

like i said, i was going to give him props till he started with all the "turbo God" attitude...If that thing had 400hp I and I owned it, the first thing i would do is find the ****** that built it and beat him up because I just lost to a bolt on LS1...
Old 07-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
so i assume you smoked the crap out of him... details man! If a ricer's being a jackass we want to hear about it!

Cant say I smoked him...i pulled a little but not the *** raping i usually give wrx's.....
Old 07-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00firebird
they're such haters because the wrx is basically the king of the ricer fan boi cars cuz its somewhat fast. "holy shittt mannn it runs 13-14s OMGSHH FASTst car EVrRR"

I dont hate on them, i dont hate rice cars period, but I hate alot of the attitude that comes from the owners.....rice is an attitude imo. Its that ignorant comment at a stop light.... then they are a dot in your mirror by the top of 2nd gear....thats rice. I have friends with civics, srt4s, trans ams, camaros, mustangs....i like ANYTHING FAST!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 09:21 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

sounds like a nice car, a shame the owner was . oh well, what can you do??

Brad
Old 07-22-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you have those mods and pulled a little on the guy, then he may not be lying about 400hp. It would have to be and the crank of course, and AWD drivetrain loss is worse than most cars. He could very well have been putting 330 to the ground. were you spraying for that race? what size shot?
Old 07-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Will a semi mod wrx will beat my 99 TA 6m with a lil work...i can Run with a Vette C5
Old 07-22-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not all of us are haters. I own a WRX and am getting ready to buy my next LT1 car.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

a WRX isn't beating anything without some SERIOUS modification. It's almost a waste of money on the WRX block, the STI block is much more capable.

I wouldn't worry about racing one, even modded. Not sure what was up with the "400 hp" one tho..
Old 07-22-2005, 11:44 PM
12 Second Club

Default Hey I've got one!

400 hp and how much torque? Good little cars.

Don't be hatin' the WRX. It's my beater. People think I'm nuts, but it's so I don't break too much stuff in my 127 mph (still sorting it out and no better than 2.2 60 foot) trappin' 87 Turbo T and to keep the rock chips off my Z06 and it does well in the snow here in Colorado

No one tries to race me when I'm in my Z06 and I respectfully decline all attempts to race LS1's when I'm cruising in the WRX. LS1er's are cool, myself included, talk to them 'bout their LSx car and ask about what they've done to it.

Ricers must know my vette is fast (not as fast as my Turbo Buick), but if some ricer has his woman with them he thinks he can pick on me in my faded out funny sounding Turbo T with factory bubble hood, pillar guages, lights and wires everywhere on the inside and low and behold they really think they are going to impress their GF by showing me how fast their 14 second car is...I just cruise if I can and ignore them unless they say something like, "Hey, is that a Monte Carlo?"...

If you have to put a ricer in his place, at least be as safe as you can about it...I'm just sayin...
Old 07-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Launching!

I never hate on anything....that guy was an exceptional *******.

I didnt have the bottle open...I am only running a 100 shot
Old 07-25-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dont worry to much about it because I had a WRX ricer hating on me in my STI. It was some funny crap to say the least. I asked him what he had done to the car and was informed "everything". Then I pulled him down the highway. lol In my opinion its not the cars that are ricers any more its the drivers. I also had a run in with a 03-04 cobra that was funny. Mind you that I have only had the car a few days (bought it with 5k on it) and still learning how to drive the car. I had a cobra want to run from a roll. Well I took off (a gear to high) and saw him fading in my mirror so I called it quits and let up. A few seconds later I see this cobra charging hard and the guy waving at me when he passed. I guess he thought he won even after I dropped back down to the speed limit?? So I took off after him and realed him in and when I get beside him he lets off. Then he rolls down his window and yells "that was close". lol

So in short haters are every where and hate on every type of car no matter what they drive.