Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got killed by the police

Old 07-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got killed by the police

driving on the highway minding my own business. even doing the speed limit. well good old highway patrol comes sweeping across three lanes and throws on the lights. I have no idea why. He approaches the car and begins to tell me that my windows are tooo dark and that its a hazard for the cops if they cant see in the car. well he pulls out his little tint meter and its shows 13%. and writes me the ticket. as i was sitting there i watched as several cars drive by with 5% tint on the windows. Ive been pulled over some other things but no1 i know has ever been pulled of for just window tint. rediculous. just had to vent a little. PS. a car flew by me doing around 85 right when the cops were pulling behind me.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Welcome to the vast world of crooked cops. You'll soon learn that they can do what they want, when they want after they find out how to alter or lose evidence in order to get away with it. I was riding with a state cop the other night and we pulled a car over for doing 97 in a 75. After the cop gave the ticket he told me that he wrote it for 100 in a 75 so that he could give the girl a $300 ticket instead of $250. What is even worse is that he said it like he had just banged Carmen Electra or something. I asked if she complained and he said, "Hell no and she won't. Its my word against her's. We always win so you should remember that."
Old 07-25-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FLeXNuTZ
Welcome to the vast world of crooked cops. . . What is even worse is that he said it like he had just banged Carmen Electra or something. I asked if she complained and he said, "Hell no and she won't. Its my word against her's. We always win so you should remember that."
Ditto what he said.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:35 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

your thread title is hilarious at a glance. sorry about your unfortunate run in with the law. we all get it eventually...

Brad
Old 07-25-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does insurance go up for an illegal tint ticket ?
Old 07-25-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think that is a myth or something unless I did something I wasn't supposed to on my end of the deal. I had a few tickets in high school: wreckless driving (donuts), speeding 65 in a 35, going the wrong way down the street (got off this one because technically I wasn't going the wrong way down the street, just in reverse), and exhibition of power (I put the e-brake on, put it in drive and floored the gas in my old Delta 88 Oldsmobile with a 305 in it) and you couldn't see the car for like 5 minutes afterward because of the burnout.

My insurance never went up one cent.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

the girl could of fought the ticket and he would have to present the reading from his radar that showed 100mph or she would get off.. then if it showed 97 she wouldnt of gotten as big a ticket
Old 07-25-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

how much was the ticket for the tint violation?
i know dark tint kills cops so itll be expensive

this same dick of a cop has given me 2 tickets this summer for not having a license plate on the front of my car....or in other words, because he has a small ***** and hates camaros i guess. they're like fifty bucks after the court fees its just gay and annoying, plus the first time he pulled me over my luck that my girlfriend's parents happen to drive by
Old 07-25-2005, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Maybe you got the ticket for tinted windows because it is actually illegal in your state., not that the cop is crooked...As the saying goes...Don't do the crime if you can't do the time...

You need to look at this from a cops perspective...What if he is pulling over a car that has the windows tinted and he can't see in...He would have no idea if the driver is pointing a gun at him or whatever...

You guys crack me up with how you degrade the cops for doing their job, when you guys are breaking the laws...

Peace...Gman
Old 07-25-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

SweetZ28----I agree stupid law, but here is what you do. Go by some tint from your local autostore. Go to court and fight the ticket, just take a different car so they can't check your car to see if you are telling the truth. Go inside the courtroom with the tint crumpled up and say you took the tint off because you realize you were wrong. It's the only shot you have at beating the ticket, depending on how the judge feels that day. It worked for my cousin a few years back so you never know. It's worth a shot.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

That cop was obviously pissed because he has a Civic sitting in his home garage. All cops should be shot anyways. Long live the Mafia!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:35 AM
SSU, come over and relax

Originally Posted by Gman2002Z06
Maybe you got the ticket for tinted windows because it is actually illegal in your state., not that the cop is crooked...As the saying goes...Don't do the crime if you can't do the time...

You need to look at this from a cops perspective...What if he is pulling over a car that has the windows tinted and he can't see in...He would have no idea if the driver is pointing a gun at him or whatever...

You guys crack me up with how you degrade the cops for doing their job, when you guys are breaking the laws...

Peace...Gman
im pretty sure that you arent supposed to get pulled over only for window tint. i thought it was one of those things that you can be ticketed for but not the reason you get pulled.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

i've gotten a few tickets for tinted windows. no biggie, $10 ticket. its against the law and they can pull you over for having tinted windows.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Regular

I've always wondered why I haven't been ticketed for it as well. I have the ghetto mirror tint that you cannot see through. I've been pulled over several times but its never been mentioned
Old 07-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Teching In

The cop was a total dick about it and at when he threw the lights on i thought he would be going after the speeder that just passed me but tinted windows must be more of threat. And if the windows are so dark and its such a danger to go up to a car with dark windows why would they purposely go pull one over and go up to it. thats what didnt make sense. I know they are they arent legal but i saw quite a few go by with darker windows than mine. I was targeted because he has a small ***** and not enough horsepower. and he wrote the the wrong court phone number on the ticket.. ended up being some chick.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

What about if he is only pulling you over for tint, you ever factor that in?
Its different if he is pulling someone over for a moving violation but do you think he is concerned for his safety if he sees a car with tinted windows and pulls it over just for that? Thats so stupid.

I totally agree that if i'm speeding or doing something wrong, and the cop wants to be an ******* and give me a tint ticket then he has a right to and i cant argue, but if he rides past me and sees that i have tint and pulls me over for that, THAT is not what the law was meant for if it has anything to do with officer safety. I dont plan on shooting cops through my tinted windows while driving.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Peace...Gman
If people would be cool about it I doubt the cops would throw such a fit about it. Example: When I get pulled over in my Camaro I roll the windows down during the day and keep my hands on the steering wheel. If at night I do the same thing and turn my interior lights on also. This also helps with the "too dark tint" issue somewhat since two of the windows are down and it is less obvious.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
I've always wondered why I haven't been ticketed for it as well. I have the ghetto mirror tint that you cannot see through. I've been pulled over several times but its never been mentioned
So whats next? Are they going to give me a ticket for not being able to see my eyes through my sunglasses? They have the mirror look to them so I'm sure that'll be a ticketable offense soon enough. Meanwhile there are people out there robbing stores, raping children, bombing buildings, pushing drugs, etc. but window tint is far, far worse in the eyes of the law.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

I know I'll get flamed for this but I do not care. Cops are worthless and have proven it to the public many times. If the terrorists are going to hit something on our soil, why in the hell can't it be police stations/cop cars? I know there are probably 1 out of 100 cops at best that are cool so it would be too bad for them but I consider the rest of them to be crooked, if not terrorists themselves. They are like government puppets on a string that can't think for themselves at all. If someone doesn't want to wear their seatbelt or get pounded by the sun while driving (tint) then that should be okay. The ******' idiot cop shouldn't make every attempt to destroy your day because of something a politician thinks will buy him his next Viper or yacht. Meanwhile the cop continues to make like $30,000 a year at best in a lot of places. ******' idiots. Too bad donuts won't give them a heart attack any faster than they do. Do the cops and politicians give a **** if you drink and drive? Of course not. They are eager to fine the living **** out of you or permanently revoke your driving privileges. Since they know you'll pay the fines in order to keep driving they pull you over. It is all about money. It always has been and, sadly, it always will be.

Search this Thread