Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

97/SC/Cobra-Funny story w/ link to PICS+VID (LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 05:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 97/SC/Cobra-Funny story w/ link to PICS+VID (LONG)

I have a funny story to go along with the Cobra in this link

Well, I live in a smaller town and there are only a few cars here and there. Well we basically can find out who is who when we want. Well, a friend of a friend bought this 1997 SC Cobra from a Doctor in town and then this certain person bought it from him. This would be the person in the link. Well, last summer, my car had a lid and a straight pipe in-place of the muffler and I ran into him and he was all like, 500 RWHP, nothing can touch me. So I was like, lets run them from a dig. He was like, i can't hook, so I told him to go out and find a nice speed where u can hook. He comes back and said 30 mph. Now, i was using a tranny w/ some issues so I needed to start in 2nd from 30mph which hurt.
1st run - I beeped and on the 3rd honk I hesitated and he never went, so I took off and he chased right after I went. He is running a 4.10 gear so he wanted to only run to 100 mph (he topped 4th), which is not even a full 1/4, but close. Well at 100 mph, he caught me, and we evened out and he tried 5th, and I was in the middle of 4th yet and was gone.

2nd run - friend counted to 3 and we went, he jumped out ahead a 1/4 a car and by 3rd gear about the same and at 100 mph I was reeling him in and he had about a 1/2 and he shut down. So I lost to 500 RWHP w/ only 290-300 RWHP.

Well now I have some work done (Check Sig) and he doesn't wanna play now. But what bothers me is he just started telling some of the local RICE that he took my car last summer by a bunch of lengths. He has done this to my buddy in his 02 WS6 Convert. w/ some bolt ons and they were actually
1-1 and the Stang told me he took him no problem both runs.

Well finally, got next to him at the local car cruise and messed around and from what I could tell, he had nothing for me. But it was not true race, something he won't do. He also mentioned that he was in the wrong gear and proceded to open his hood and check his motor out as if something was wrong.

The video I have is TERRIBLE but u can get an idea from the 1st two runs last year just how close my stock LS1 came. Vid will be up soon.

Check the link and look at his mods!!!!!! Some of them I find hard to believe, but I have seen this car and I can confirm all external bolt ons, just not the internals.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/335263
Old 07-28-2005, 06:30 AM
11 Second Club

Alot of DRAMA in this vid I made, what can I say, I hate people who act like this. O yea, this is the vid that I said I was going to post

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=33CM2JLQ
Old 07-28-2005, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't know why I'd doubt the internals. He had the heads off, and mostly the internals are just hard parts. I don't know why ya'll don't race.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:52 AM
TECH Regular

I have no idea why his car wouldn't have killed you in the initial races with anywhere near 500rwhp? However, with your new mods even at 500rwhp, at the very least it would be very close. None the less, he sounds like a moron!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just watched the vid. I think 500hp at the wheels is quite generous. I'm not sure 6-8 lbs would even produce that. Besides 200hp difference would squash you, and he didn't do that. Sad sad sad.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
Just watched the vid. I think 500hp at the wheels is quite generous. I'm not sure 6-8 lbs would even produce that. Besides 200hp difference would squash you, and he didn't do that. Sad sad sad.
The dude in the cobra is a IDIOT .6~8 psi and making 500rwhp HHAHAHA..Yea ok...

Trust me i know what a 500rwhp car does to a 300rwhp car.And that doesnt look anything like it.

6~8 psi early cobra i say maybe 420rwhp on a safe tune.His combo is all wrong esp for that low of boost.

Good death,but i say you fight for a rematch
Old 07-28-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

He is full of ****. we don't have eaton posi's with 4.11 gears for an 8.8 rear.

He has a shyt suspension system aka Kenny Brown.

All that money on the engine/blower and he put shorty headers, what in the fvck over??? No hp gain right there, in fact its a loss as they suck. Not to mention a shyt catback..you know what as I look at this car, its a shyt setup period. Its like he went and bought the worst shyt you can for a cobra and installed them all.

6~8 PSI on that engine will not come to 500 rwhp. Now granted he has B heads that claimed to be ported(I call bullshit) they flow 260 cfm but their veolicty sucks. Foxlake has been getting them to 320 and kicking ***. VT, Boss 330 and Steen do great work too. Now being he claims to have Manley sean hyland designed pistons I am confused Well which ones are they? manley or sean hyland? Sean Hyland sucks anyways and there are half a dozen companies with better quality shortblocks, and customer service blows Sean Hyland away. they also cost less than him too.

I come to the conclusion by reading just the mod list...this guy is a tool.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:19 AM
11 Second Club

I figured he was a tool. Just by talking to him, he drives me nuts! Believe me, I have tried getting him to run me fair and square, but he told me he is done racing this car. Come on, look at it, it is built for it! Has for the internal mods, I have a good asumption in the pics of that 4 valve he has on his site, isn't even his.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:24 AM
11 Second Club

Also, I never believed that this car put down the #'s he was claiming, thats why I wanted to run him so bad. I've also seen what 200 hp difference can do, and I figure he was around 340 RWHP at the most in the vid. And as far as building the car, he bought it already like this. He never touched it mod wise. I was told from the previous owner he bought it w/ a blown head gasket and this person here took it to a shop and had it stroked to a 302 and had the heads redone and it is all forged now. WHATEVER!!
Old 07-29-2005, 02:29 AM
11 Second Club

Did u see what he is building now, A Damn import!. I have nothing agains't DSM's, I owned 2 myself, but I cranked the boost and had fun w/ the AWD. Plus they were WINTER cars and spring time beaters. He has like 4 cars now and I think he is 19 or so. Has a Honda accord w/ some wheels and 2 talons, the Mustang that he says he is trying to sell now I guess. U should here the stories I have to listen to about that talon he has, O man. AWD, U will never catch me, BLAH BLAH. AWD is cool on the street, but lets go the track and I will 60 ft. better then him I bet. Even on the street, i will run him down fast. Really doesn't matter, because he will never run me anyways.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:31 AM
11 Second Club

BlackFang: Thank you for checking the car domain page and assuring me that he is a complete moron.