Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I hate cowards

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 01:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I hate cowards

There's this guy here in my town who has a EVO 8. Mods are upgraded cams, bigger turbo, boost controller, custom tune, etc...

All his buddies claim that the car should be good for 10's if it is setup right. I call . Anyhow, word around town has it that he's been hunting for myself and ele-blue95. I figured we'd ride out tonight and see who all was out there.

Sure enough, we spot him. I slowed down to 35 in a 45 trying to get him to pull up alongside me. He hung back about five cars, and didn't pull up next to me until we came to a light. I rolled my window down and said we should go out to the edge of town and race. The main strip is always crawling with cops, so this is a normal request. He agreed to follow. he turns off behind me, and goes to drop off his girlfriend. I watched him like a hawk. He backed out and tried to take off towards his house without me!

I got really pissed and hauled *** after him, leaving three friends of mine behind in the parking lot. I chased him down, and got next to him again and said "Are we gonna race or what?!?" He then said "Naw man, I gotta go home." I then said, "Are you scared of me or something?" He just looked away and slowed down. This is the second time he's backed down from me. I can't get him to race at the track, 'cause he's scared of running me there. His best time so far is 12.8 at about 110. I figure we'd be a good run.

I'm frustrated with this ****. I'm just gonna get my cam, 'verter and spray, and then call him out for a $1000 race and absolutely rape him.

Sorry if this was pointless, I just had to vent my frustrations.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:36 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who gives a **** you know? he obviously dont want to race for whatever reason, coward or not. dont matter, you'd nail him anyway. but yeah I know what you mean man.

Brad
Old 08-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Banned

That happens to me all the time. I can't get ANY import or anything to run with me. I'm subtle, bold, nothing works. Last weekend there was a guy in an LT1 Camaro built to the hilt, Fiske rims,GMMG exhaust, heavy cam, even aftermarket seats. He didn't want to even talk to me when we were at a light- much less race a couple of gears. Why do people build up their cars only to drive it 5 mph over the speed limit? I hate PUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tell him to give me that car. It deserves a worthy driver.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what are those evo 8's supposed to run in the quarter mile anyways? I pissed off like 3 or 4 people in a car club and they want to race my S-10. thing is, they told me he does 12's in the quarter but saw for myself last night he couldn't do better than a 14.6. is he doing something wrong?
Old 08-20-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69chevy
what are those evo 8's supposed to run in the quarter mile anyways? I pissed off like 3 or 4 people in a car club and they want to race my S-10. thing is, they told me he does 12's in the quarter but saw for myself last night he couldn't do better than a 14.6. is he doing something wrong?
POS driver, i'd say. It's almost hard to run a 14.6 in an EVO.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

id imagine with those mods he would be low 12s, even possibly high 11s with a good driver.