Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Attacked by another "real import"

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Attacked by another "real import"

Cruising around the first night with my cutout. A white STi rolls up on me and wants to race. The light in front of us was red but we still gassed it a little bit. I could tell by how fast he was accelerating on me that i would have flat out lost. We get to the light and there are a few cars so there was no room to race unless we were weaving which i didnt feel like doing. Not to mention his exhaust was louder than mine and he had a muffler. Compared to most of the Stis i see, this one definitely had a different rumble and i decided hold off. Hate to say it but i was definitely scared this time. Plus he had 3 people in the car.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Launching!

why be scared it's only racing, if you win you get bragging rights you lose you get some inspiration to build yours better.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cb94ta
why be scared it's only racing, if you win you get bragging rights you lose you get some inspiration to build yours better.
I know a lot of my friends ask me if they can win if we see something that wants to race and if I tell them no or it will be close they usily dont do it..... Im not scaired of anything....If a '69 Chevelle with a 454 and a massive ******* blower sticking out of the hood came up and wanted to race I would go but thats just me !
Old 08-21-2005, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

i'm not scared of racing. I just dont want to see my car lose. Atleast thats how it is right now because it is pretty much stock. Maybe when i get more mods under my belt but i am done racing modded cars against my stock car since when i raced my friends mach 1 and lost by a car length.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Should have tried him, maybe he would have missed a shift. Get some mods done, oh and I'm waitin for my black halos to come.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by spy2520
Cruising around the first night with my cutout. A white STi rolls up on me and wants to race. The light in front of us was red but we still gassed it a little bit. I could tell by how fast he was accelerating on me that i would have flat out lost. We get to the light and there are a few cars so there was no room to race unless we were weaving which i didnt feel like doing. Not to mention his exhaust was louder than mine and he had a muffler. Compared to most of the Stis i see, this one definitely had a different rumble and i decided hold off. Hate to say it but i was definitely scared this time. Plus he had 3 people in the car.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

dont doubt yourself so much i wouldnt be suprised if you could beat a near stock one....get some performance mods the car looks good with the cowl and headlights now make it go fast
Old 08-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Good call on not running in traffic. But when the roads are clear, IMO, it's fun to run -- win or lose -- especially against something that seems fast.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also say good call on not running and weaving through traffic, weaving through traffic is IMO. I see ricers do it all the time.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, maybe i'll give it a try next time. I can only floor it up to 90 anyway though cause of the shitty 2-3 shift that never happens.