Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cat and mouse?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat and mouse?

I dont understand it.Everytime I want to race being theres open road cars just take off on me when im trying to pull up on them.Today there was a nice black looking evo mr.I was slowly pedaling in back of him(3cars)Iguess he seen me and punced it.I caught up to him and let go of the gas.I have a tsp rumbler so whe i take my foot of the gas it sounds like its downshifting but anyways he changes lanes and exits off.I just think if your going to race go heads up.I get that alot from the sti,evos,M3,even corvettes.I dont street race anymore but if i know its a open road and no cops i like to do it win or lose.i live in cali.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:31 PM
TECH Junkie

That means they're scared to race you. I've never run away from a car. Doesn't mean I have to race very single person that wants a run.

Long time ago, some Viper started trying me on the highway. I just looked at him and laughed, shaking my head "No." I've never had to start weaving through traffic to get away from a car. People that do that are pussies.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Launching!

Run rabbit run!
Old 08-30-2005, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

What the hell is a tsp rumbler? Pardon my ignorance.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grey03mach1
What the hell is a tsp rumbler? Pardon my ignorance.
The lowest-priced cat-back exhaust you can buy for an f-body.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

off topic, but what do those MR evo's have over the normal evo 8s?
Old 08-30-2005, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I believe that they are a bit lighter. Not fully optioned like a regular Evo 8.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:04 AM
TECH Addict

negative, heavier w/ 6speed more incuding more options, such as the lighter wheels, but heavier drivetrain due to the active center diff. Think SS of the Evo 8. You weren thinking of the RS version w/ no ABS, wing, HID, Radio, A/C, etc.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Its hard enough just keeping up with the domestics stats/info. All these imports are going to be impossible to learn. Maybe I'll come around later but for now they just do not appeal to me. My .02. Sorry if I offended anybody.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
negative, heavier w/ 6speed more incuding more options, such as the lighter wheels, but heavier drivetrain due to the active center diff. Think SS of the Evo 8. You weren thinking of the RS version w/ no ABS, wing, HID, Radio, A/C, etc.
Right the RS it the lightest and it also has a 5 speed compared with the MR and it's 6 speed. There are 3 versions of this car right?
Old 08-31-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, three versions. RS (base, race ready), regular evo (Z-28), MR (SS version). All have the same engine with the same output though. The evo 9 will come with a variable valve timing system similar to vtec. It will be called Mivec, it's supposed to produce a better power curve to flatten out the peakiness of the 2.0 liter's powerband. All will also recieve the active center diff w/ LSD's front and rear. These are the weights 3,219 lbs (EVO RS) 3,263 lbs (EV0) 3,285 lbs (EVO MR). So there is really not that much of a difference in weight. stock power production varies between the models primarily on ECU tuning, once they start being modded all things come out to the same end result. Just like our engines, same mods=identical numbers among the ranks.
Sorry to be soooo off topic. I hate it when those ******* do that too. I have some **** in a G35 (skyline badging) do that to me. He took it up to about 150 and would not let up, so i followed his *** off the freeway. caught a light together and told him, wanna try a go without the fly-by. his reaction was classic, "what fly-by? You lost." Now i get the whole a chase is a race concept but when i began reeling his *** in hard he shut down and got off the freeway. But come on flying by at over 110mph when i'm doin 70 is kinda retarded. He ended up going the same way i had to go as a passed my exit, but this time he went on the streets taunting me the whole time but refusing to give me a run. We catch a light a nd he fakes a left (entrance to freeway) so i follow, then he cuts to the complete opposite site and makes a right stopping to roll down his window and give me a thumbs down. I follow and a catch another light, he revs the hell out of it and the light changes, I'm ****** gone while looking for him in the mirror, i see him slow to turn around to go the other way. "BITCH.", off to tell the others how he wooped on a modded Camaro.
Again sorry for the long *** post.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Regular

I'd be sorely tempted to find him and let some air out off all four tires.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:42 AM
TECH Addict

My sentiments exactly!!
Old 09-01-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea that stuff happens to me all the time. I try to line up and they just take off. Ive tried to race numerous cars (sti's, evo's, srt-4's, camaros, mustangs, etc) and as soon as i start to get next to them they gun it and its pointless then to start chasing them goin speeds upwards of 110 mph, by then its just getting way too dangerous. Haha the ones that do line up though usually walk me, which goes to prove that if a car lines up and is ready for a real race then youd better be prepared because its probably fast!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
yea that stuff happens to me all the time. I try to line up and they just take off. Ive tried to race numerous cars (sti's, evo's, srt-4's, camaros, mustangs, etc) and as soon as i start to get next to them they gun it and its pointless then to start chasing them goin speeds upwards of 110 mph, by then its just getting way too dangerous. Haha the ones that do line up though usually walk me, which goes to prove that if a car lines up and is ready for a real race then youd better be prepared because its probably fast!
Well put, man.