Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'99 Z28 vs '75 Malibu

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Z28 vs '75 Malibu

Sitting at a light at the first inaugural "28th street metro cruise" here in Grand Rapids, MI. last weekend. This middle aged couple pulls up in what I found out later was a 1975 malibu. Nice paint, chrome wheels, duals, sounded fairly tame. I look over, we exchange nods, light turns green, I'm just easing into the throttle, I look over this guys looking at me smiling and pulling ahead of me! So, now that I know I'm racing, lol, I floor it at about 20 mph and she downshifts to first, bangs 2nd chirping the tires at 32 mph and I just leave the guy.

The speed limit is like 45 right there, so when I hit 50 I let off. He catches up, doing about 35 right now, he's smiling again, he wants more! So I yell ok, drop into 2nd, hold up 3 fingers and go 3-2-1 with them. By the time I hit 3rd I was almost 3 car lengths ahead.

He pulled up alongside at the next light, asked what year it was and told me it was fast, I said thanks. Nice guy, needs better gears and a big block in that lead sled though, lol. Wasn't much of a race, but it still is a kill and fun to tell........