Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

The Mecury Marauder Goes Down BIG TIME

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The Mecury Marauder Goes Down BIG TIME

Well I got out of my 2nd job kinda late today, and I was on my way home. I was waiting to turn right on to the highway with my windows down and Paint It Black roaring when I saw someone I knew on the opposite side waiting to turn left. I thought it might have been the kid's dad.

Light Turns green, and we both went. He makes the turn before me and it slowly driving so I can get side by side w/ him, and I see it's the kid I know (he's about 24). At around 30mph he goes WOT, and I do a split second later. Due to my High Stall fix in my PCM my car won't downshift back into first from a roll, so the car downshifts into 2nd and I pulled on the Marauder like a raped ape. I don't know where he let off at but at 120mph I could barely make out his car.

and so I don't cause an uproar, I drive a bolt on 95 Buick Roadmaster w/ 150k on the clock. the MM are nice and can be made fast w/ good bolts on, their stock motor just isn't enough for all that weight

Matt
Old 09-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

my friends dads ran 14 flat stock. not to bad for stock boat
Old 09-02-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DAn95

Not sure if I can believe that. The fastest I've seen Maruaders show room stock down to the tires is in the mid to upper 14s. If they ran a 14 sec flat stock then they wouldn't have been discontinued after 2 yrs of production because they were slow pigs.

Matt
Old 09-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Teching In

14 flat my a$$...Not bone stock.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

back when i had my '95 caprice i raced a marauder and had him by about two cars at the end of second gear. the caprice had intake, exhaust and tuning. it still ran a 14.8 through a badly slipping tranny so here's another vote for that marauder not running a 14 flat stock.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Launching!

if i run a 14 flat in a z28 and a maurader does too, im going to shoot myself
Old 09-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

well i talked to him and driven it a bunch of times it seems capable. definiately stock.
302hp 318 lbsft 4speed 3.55 gears
Old 09-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Awesome.

Old 09-03-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i talked to him and driven it a bunch of times it seems capable. definiately stock.
yea whateva
Old 09-03-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

When my car was stock,One of those cars gets the jump on me once at a light( I didnt know I was racing) as soon as I start to run him down, he turns left and makes a U turn. Nice Kill.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:57 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

damn right
Old 09-05-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

302hp 318 lbsft 4speed 3.55 gears
sure whatever you say
Old 09-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by buffman
Not sure if I can believe that. The fastest I've seen Maruaders show room stock down to the tires is in the mid to upper 14s. If they ran a 14 sec flat stock then they wouldn't have been discontinued after 2 yrs of production because they were slow pigs.

Matt
So is that why the LT1 engine like the one in your Roadmaster was discontinued in America? Because it was too slow? Get real dude. Truth be told, I've had a Marauder for two years now, and my brother has an LT1 equipped 94 Roadmaster, and when my Marauder was stock, his car beat mine off the line, and up to 70 MPH, but after that, my Marauder would gain ground on his Roadmaster big time, and it was anyone's race from their. The kid you raced who had the Marauder gave up by 70 or 80 MPH after your car beat him initially. Because if he stayed on it, then his Marauder(or his dad's) would've closed the gap big time, unless your roadmaster is modified.

BTW, I really like my brother's Roadmaster. It has better brakes than my Marauder does, and I really like the LT1 engine too. But my Marauder will outhandle his car hands down, and IMO it looks a whole lot better too. If you rode in my Marauder, you would get a whole lot more attention than you ever will in a Roadmaster. So there ya go. I've listed the weak points and strong points of my car as well as yours since I've driven both types of cars many times. Sorry to burst your bublle, but your posts in this thread are waaaaay too much one sided. No offense. Like I said, I like that LT1 engine, and I give credit where it's due.

BTW, that's a nice burnout video you have. Here's mine....(it's worth the wait for the download)....the first link is the MPEG2 player/decoder that you'll need to play the vid, and the second link is to the website that's hosting my burnout vid in it's entirety.....enjoy...........

http://www.download.com/Elecard-MPEG...ml?tag=lst-0-1

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/

Last edited by BillyGman; 09-12-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BillyGman
So is that why the LT1 engine like the one in your Roadmaster was discontinued in America? Because it was too slow? Get real dude. Truth be told, I've had a Marauder for two years now, and my brother has an LT1 equipped 94 Roadmaster, and when my Marauder was stock, his car beat mine off the line, and up to 70 MPH, but after that, my Marauder would gain ground on his Roadmaster big time, and it was anyone's race from their. The kid you raced who had the Marauder gave up by 70 or 80 MPH after your car beat him initially. Because if he stayed on it, then his Marauder(or his dad's) would've closed the gap big time, unless your roadmaster is modified.

BTW, I really like my brother's Roadmaster. It has better brakes than my Marauder does, and I really like the LT1 engine too. But my Marauder will outhandle his car hands down, and IMO it looks a whole lot better too. If you rode in my Marauder, you would get a whole lot more attention than you ever will in a Roadmaster. So there ya go. I've listed the weak points and strong points of my car as well as yours since I've driven both types of cars many times. Sorry to burst your bublle, but your posts in this thread are waaaaay too much one sided. No offense. Like I said, I like that LT1 engine, and I give credit where it's due.

BTW, that's a nice burnout video you have. Here's mine....(it's worth the wait for the download)....the first link is the MPEG2 player/decoder that you'll need to play the vid, and the second link is to the website that's hosting my burnout vid in it's entirety.....enjoy...........

http://www.download.com/Elecard-MPEG...ml?tag=lst-0-1

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/
I agree that I got a little one sided on my posts about the car, but even you would agree that there are no 100% showroom stock MM that run 14s even. My car isn't stock. It's a nicely modded bolt on car. I agree the MM looks better than the RM or even the Impala SS, but attention can be a bad thing. Then again even w/ my cutouts closed I can still be heard from far away

I've ridden in the kid's MM before. It does ride and handle nice, but the seats after awhile aren't very comfortable. Power comes in nicely after 3,000rpm. I still think the MM was 10 yrs late

Billy I have your burnout video saved from a while ago, very nice. I take it you have a line lock???
Old 09-13-2005, 01:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by buffman
I agree that I got a little one sided on my posts about the car, but even you would agree that there are no 100% showroom stock MM that run 14s even. My car isn't stock. It's a nicely modded bolt on car. I agree the MM looks better than the RM or even the Impala SS, but attention can be a bad thing. Then again even w/ my cutouts closed I can still be heard from far away

I've ridden in the kid's MM before. It does ride and handle nice, but the seats after awhile aren't very comfortable. Power comes in nicely after 3,000rpm. I still think the MM was 10 yrs late

Billy I have your burnout video saved from a while ago, very nice. I take it you have a line lock???
Yes, I have installed a line-Lock system in my Marauder. I did that because I began to worry about the possibilty of heating up the back brake rotors so much during brake torque burnouts that it would warp them. With LINE-LOCK you don't have to worry about that.

but if you have the complete version of my video, you'll notice that there are also two burnouts in there that were done from a dead punch of the go pedal w/out the use of the brakes nor the LINE-LOCK. With the stock radial tires, my car will burn the tires through first and second gear from a dead punch, and through the first part of second gear with the P305/45/18" drag radials I have. However, my car IS S/Ced ofcourse, so that should be expected.

And YES, I agree with you that Marauders will not turn low or mid 14's in their bone stock configuration . Unless ofcourse they're being run in 35 or 40 degree temperatures.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BillyGman
Yes, I have installed a line-Lock system in my Marauder. I did that because I began to worry about the possibilty of heating up the back brake rotors so much during brake torque burnouts that it would warp them. With LINE-LOCK you don't have to worry about that.

but if you have the complete version of my video, you'll notice that there are also two burnouts in there that were done from a dead punch of the go pedal w/out the use of the brakes nor the LINE-LOCK. With the stock radial tires, my car will burn the tires through first and second gear from a dead punch, and through the first part of second gear with the P305/45/18" drag radials I have. However, my car IS S/Ced ofcourse, so that should be expected.

And YES, I agree with you that Marauders will not turn low or mid 14's in their bone stock configuration . Unless ofcourse they're being run in 35 or 40 degree temperatures.
yes I do belive I have your entire video

Matt
Old 09-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Matt, another thing I've noticed too concerning the Marauder vs. buick Roadmaster comparisant is that like many older cars, the 94 Buick Roadmaster that my brother owns has nicer leather seats than my Marauder does. the leather on many of the older cars is thicker and more plush. Sitting in his car is like sitting on an expensive leather upholstered living room sofa.

My Marauder is very comfortable on interstate trips (I drove 13 hours straight two times with it earlier this year) but it seems to me that the car manufactures really skimp on the leather of car interiors these days unless you pay over $60K for the car. All the late model cars with leather interiors which cost under $60K that I've sat in are made with very thin leather. And the older cars had very thick leather that was more comfortable to sit in. It was a different grade of cowhide that those older cars used to have. The leather they use now for cars interiors probably isn't even cowhide anymore, but some other type of leather. Things just get cheaper and cheaper as the price tags get bigger and bigger. it seems to me that when you buy a new cars these days, much more of the cost of the cars are due to engineering required to squeeze hp out of the engine while still remaining emissions compliant as the EPA standzrds here in the USA get more and more strict, while a good part of the rest of the world is practically exempt fropm emissions standards at;east as far as automobiles go. It's a joke. Don't get me started.

Last edited by BillyGman; 09-13-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Maraduer would have been awesome and still in production if it had the 5.4 S/C V8 from the Cobra. Imagine low 13's or high 12's. in that huge *** car
Old 09-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AronZ28
The Maraduer would have been awesome and still in production if it had the 5.4 S/C V8 from the Cobra. Imagine low 13's or high 12's. in that huge *** car
But the Cobra doesn't have the 5.4L V8. it has the 4.6L V8. But i agree with you that it should've come S/Ced in the Marauder.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

If ford were to make something like that I'd own it over that box of thing DC calls a 300c.

Matt