Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Learned my lesson the hard way...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Learned my lesson the hard way...

Well i don't really know where to start, but from the beginning. Just about 3 hours ago i left my house to take a friend home. On the way we stop at a little gas station to get something to drink. We knew acouple guys that where there, so we were standing in the parking lot talking, when i red 99-04 GT pulled up to the stop light right infront of the gas station. Before i even knew it, one of my friends yells to the guy " I got 100 bucks saying that this camaro well walk you." The guy in the mustangs turns in and says he'll do it for the fun of it. And for some stupid reason i agreed. We went to a spot we run on every now and then, that was only like 1/4 mile away from the gas station.
We lined up with no burn outs, or anything. 1, 2, 3, I spun through 1st staying right beside him. Hit 2nd and by the time i hit 3rd i had a good 3 or 4 cars on him and pulling even harder. I let off at 90 with him many many car lenghts beside. I started to slow down and right at the end of the road a State Tooper pulled in with lights going.
The Tooper took both our info and our keys back to his car and wrote the tickets. After that he got us to sign the tickets and told us that our cars are his now and start walking. I'm still in shock that this happened. Sorry for the long story but i thought i just had to shared it. I dunno if i'm going to get my car back, and that sucks more than anything.
For now, everyone be safe and don't get caught up in the rush of things because things can happen that you didn't even think about.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude Sorry to hear about what happened, that sucks MAJOR kahonas
Old 09-05-2005, 12:59 AM
12 Second Club

Shouldn't have stopped... If you are going 90 and he's on the side of the road, how long is it going to take him to get to your speed and catch up to you?

Sorry to hear this story man
Old 09-05-2005, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

WOW dood. That sucks. Don't know how it is where you're at. But down here they impound your car and it costs you quite a few bucks to get it back. Although they may have changed some laws where they can keep it in some cases. I hope it's not that bad over there. I have no problems paying a for a ticket. Hey i deserve it if i street race. But getting your car impounded is just wrong. And i hope you get your girl back. I wish you the best of luck dood.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:23 AM
12 Second Club

If I knew I wasn't going to get my car back, I would run. No questions asked.

On the other hand, most likely you'll have to pay a HUGE fine, but you'll get it back.

Personally I don't street race in those kind of situations, and largely prefer the track anyway. For all you know, the dude in the stang was an undercover.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 25thAnnivTransAm
the dude in the stang was an undercover.
Holy ****, the cops in VA got nothin' better to do??? Remind me never to move out there.

Last edited by DD966; 09-05-2005 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Holy ****, the cops in CA got nothin' better to do??? Remind me never to move out there.
Yeah cuz that happened in Virginia according to his member location.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
Shouldn't have stopped...
Absolutely horrible advice. That last thing you want to do is compound the situation.

Sorry to hear about this.

Get a lawyer!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Shouldn't have stopped... If you are going 90 and he's on the side of the road, how long is it going to take him to get to your speed and catch up to you?

Sorry to hear this story man
Bad advice.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Launching!

I didn't even have a chance to run, he pulled onto the street i was on, coming head on and he pulled bumper to bumper with me and blocked us in. The thought to run went through my mind but i know i cann't outrun that radio. But i'm going to go talk to my lawyer tomorrow and see what my choices are. I"ll try to keep it posted. Thanks for the support.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

that's nuts. i didn't think they would impound a car on a first [racing] offense.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Wow, onetime t1blackout and I were racing on a 4 lane 35mph zone (like idiots) we got pulled over for racing and doing 80mph. The cops were asking us all these questions and they ended up saying, normally we would impound your car and suspend your license, but thanks for cooperating with us. NICE CARS! Then they left, and I'm in VA!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MagikMan
Wow, onetime t1blackout and I were racing on a 4 lane 35mph zone (like idiots) we got pulled over for racing and doing 80mph. The cops were asking us all these questions and they ended up saying, normally we would impound your car and suspend your license, but thanks for cooperating with us. NICE CARS! Then they left, and I'm in VA!
Same thing happened to me. 150+ in a 65zone on a bridge. I've found out that every time you're cooperative and polite you'll get a lesser fine or in my case nothing at all. But that doesn't mean you sould go out and race and expect to get away. I personally try to keep the street racing to a minimum. I'd hate to lose my car.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

That sucks dude, sorry to hear that .Good luck with everything
Old 09-05-2005, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

oh man...

let us know how things turn out. I really hope you get your car back soon dude... that's just so wrong....
Old 09-05-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

trooper was just sitting there at the end of the road? that doesn't sit right.

Might as well have kept going. a good strategy is to keep a car cover in your trunk, pull off somewhere, cover it, and sit on the other side for an hour or so. That would only work in nightime i'd bet.

Hope you get it back man, now you know.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

I was saying that if I was street racing, going over 100 and a cop flipped his light while he was standing I wouldn't stop. How long is it going to take him to get to my speeds? In 1-2 minutes of 100mph driving I'd be over a mile away from him, there is no way he's gonna catch up and if you do get pulled over you can always say that you didn't see the lights after you, you were just speeding and didn't see him.

On the other hand, if he saw my plates or this was going from a dead stop and ge got to see my car... it would be very stupid!
Old 09-05-2005, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

I was saying that if I was street racing, going over 100 and a cop flipped his light while he was standing I wouldn't stop. How long is it going to take him to get to my speeds? In 1-2 minutes of 100mph driving I'd be over a mile away from him, there is no way he's gonna catch up and if you do get pulled over you can always say that you didn't see the lights after you, you were just speeding and didn't see him.

On the other hand, if he saw my plates or this was going from a dead stop and ge got to see my car... it would be very stupid!
If you read his story you'll see that the trooper was infront of him. Are you seriously gonna risk a head on collision with a law enforcement officer? If yes i hope you go to jail for life. I almost became a cop,and i still may do it in a few years. And knowing that people like you are out these who would risk everyones lifes just to not pay for a crime they've comitted is scary.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBlur
Well i don't really know where to start, but from the beginning. Just about 3 hours ago i left my house to take a friend home. On the way we stop at a little gas station to get something to drink. We knew acouple guys that where there, so we were standing in the parking lot talking, when i red 99-04 GT pulled up to the stop light right infront of the gas station. Before i even knew it, one of my friends yells to the guy " I got 100 bucks saying that this camaro well walk you." The guy in the mustangs turns in and says he'll do it for the fun of it. And for some stupid reason i agreed. We went to a spot we run on every now and then, that was only like 1/4 mile away from the gas station.
We lined up with no burn outs, or anything. 1, 2, 3, I spun through 1st staying right beside him. Hit 2nd and by the time i hit 3rd i had a good 3 or 4 cars on him and pulling even harder. I let off at 90 with him many many car lenghts beside. I started to slow down and right at the end of the road a State Tooper pulled in with lights going.
The Tooper took both our info and our keys back to his car and wrote the tickets. After that he got us to sign the tickets and told us that our cars are his now and start walking. I'm still in shock that this happened. Sorry for the long story but i thought i just had to shared it. I dunno if i'm going to get my car back, and that sucks more than anything.
For now, everyone be safe and don't get caught up in the rush of things because things can happen that you didn't even think about.
Yet another reason letting you know that street racing is kinda dumb. Good luck getting the car back.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

No, of course I wouldn't. If you read my response the only way I'd try to run as if a cop was on the side of the road not moving and flipped his light while I'm doing 100+.

I would never do it in the traffic because I would never be street racing in the traffic, not that dumb to put lives of other people under risk. If I street race, it's going to be after 12am when there is no cars on the road and on the highway. I wouldn't be driving 100+ on a 40mph road either.