Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Modded celica vs 99 LS1

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modded celica vs 99 LS1

Just thought i'd say hi i haven't posted anything in months.

Alright well I was driving down to get gas a.k.a spend my life savings and roll into this gas station and see this red celica with a slightly larger then i like exhaust pipe. Well i normally wouldn't waste time on such a car cause of gas prices but i've been walking for two weeks now and the cars been sitting there so i figured one little run wouldn't hurt. So I pull outta gas station following the hard turning celica whos pulling hard. Well we roll up to each other at a open road at a stop light. I rev him couple times and he revs me. Well i then noticed what i thought was a blow off valve. So maybe this guy wouldn't be so bad to race after all. Light turns green we take off. Both of us punch it. He got a bad start or somthing because at about 45 he's 3 cars behind so i slow down he pulls up and I gun it going about 45 in second he starts creeping up on me read hard and his engine is banging and clicking like mad ... then he pulled really really hard and passed me. I figured he might nitroused or somthing because i don't understand why he woulda pulled so hard. I shift but i accidently hit 5th. So i down shift back into third and gun it again and reel him in and then pass him by 70ish and then slow down... i refuse to go faster then that in a city... just not worth it. So we slow down I give the guy thumbs up and he was a good sport so it was a good race and win. Props to the guy. How do celicas fare againts ls1's anyway... never raced one before tonight. Peace.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:41 AM
11 Second Club

stock they are worthless imo but if you get some upgrades anything can happen, no matter what the car is

steve
Old 09-13-2005, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

when I was at the track last year I saw a 91-93?celica a white crappy looking one run 11.70s
Old 09-17-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hear the new celica's which will be the last ones made have a 1.8L 4 banger in em. As far as power its virtually nonexistant against an LS1 but I've "heard" that with major upgrades a good amount of power can be had with em.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Was it an older body style?

There was an AWD celica that is popular to mod... there is one in my area that is pretty stout and I wouldnt want to mess with.