Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For all the big wing loud *** imports out there

This is good

Dear Honda owners,
I don't want to race you.

That's right, I'm un-interested in trying to challenge you and your faux supercar in a drag race between stoplights downtown. I don't know why you all feel the need to glare at me while the light is red. You don't have to change your grip on the steering wheel like its a pair of motorcycle handlebars, either. You especially don't need to rev your four-cylinder with its loud exhaust system because you might tempt me to want to race you.

I don't.

What really gets me, though, is with the abundance of similarly craptastic hondas out there, why do you want to race me? The way I figure it, you want to race everything in sight. My Jeep has less than 200 horsepower and the aerodynamics of a barn. However, I suppose the near-verticle air dam which is my windshield isn't neccesarily discouraging to someone who puts a god-damn wing on the back of a front wheel drive car. More downforce for the rear wheels then, eh? That way you can accelerate faster, right? Great work, dipshit.

But seriously. I don't get it. I don't ask you to go drive trails with me. I don't wave and say 'lets go haul *** through a mud pit'. Sure, I spend about as much time off pavement as you do on the track, but at least I can tell the difference between a race car and a 4x4. Does my Jeep look like a challenge or something? Do you and your honda friends get together and say 'Dood! I just beat that Jeep with the big tires and low gears! I'm so fast!'

The way I figure it, your car sucks so much, you can't beat any of the other Hondas, and sure as hell don't want to admit defeat. Instead of buying a genuinely fast car, you choose to get your rocks off racing easy vehicles in your piece of ****. Way to go, badass! I'm proud of you! Why don't we get together and beat up some kids later. I'll let you sucker punch a baby. It will be hard core.

Seriously, though. Please, please, the next time you see me, or any other non-challenging vehicle at a light, don't antagonize them and encourage them to 'race.' Instead, pull your head our of your ***, and realize that your hatchback is probably faster than a minivan, delivery truck, recreational vehicle, bicycle, u-haul, and other similar underpowered non/aerodynamic vehicles. Oh, and don't forget, you're probably faster than me, too.

Go play some more Gran Turismo, and quit being a jackass.

Last edited by shawnmce2; 09-13-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, Thank you for sharing that with everyone here. How about this go sign up on honda-tech.com( just to let you know its kinda a fad not to put a body kit on your car and keep it clean on that site and they flame people for it) And then you can express how much of a badass you are and how you eat rice for dinner.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Teching In

you make no sense...what the **** are you talking about?
Old 09-13-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was kinda wondering the same thing.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shawnmce2
you make no sense...what the **** are you talking about?
Dude you complain way too much........ Stop waisting my clicks
Old 09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Juiced
Dude you complain way too much........ Stop waisting my clicks

now that was funny
Old 09-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Slick1851 was saying that the real import guys flame on the riced, big-winged Hondas just as much. Hell, they hate it more than you b/c it makes all of them look like *** hats.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnmce2
This is good

Dear Honda owners,
I don't want to race you.

That's right, I'm un-interested in trying to challenge you and your faux supercar in a drag race between stoplights downtown. I don't know why you all feel the need to glare at me while the light is red. You don't have to change your grip on the steering wheel like its a pair of motorcycle handlebars, either. You especially don't need to rev your four-cylinder with its loud exhaust system because you might tempt me to want to race you.

I don't.

What really gets me, though, is with the abundance of similarly craptastic hondas out there, why do you want to race me? The way I figure it, you want to race everything in sight. My Jeep has less than 200 horsepower and the aerodynamics of a barn. However, I suppose the near-verticle air dam which is my windshield isn't neccesarily discouraging to someone who puts a god-damn wing on the back of a front wheel drive car. More downforce for the rear wheels then, eh? That way you can accelerate faster, right? Great work, dipshit.

But seriously. I don't get it. I don't ask you to go drive trails with me. I don't wave and say 'lets go haul *** through a mud pit'. Sure, I spend about as much time off pavement as you do on the track, but at least I can tell the difference between a race car and a 4x4. Does my Jeep look like a challenge or something? Do you and your honda friends get together and say 'Dood! I just beat that Jeep with the big tires and low gears! I'm so fast!'

The way I figure it, your car sucks so much, you can't beat any of the other Hondas, and sure as hell don't want to admit defeat. Instead of buying a genuinely fast car, you choose to get your rocks off racing easy vehicles in your piece of ****. Way to go, badass! I'm proud of you! Why don't we get together and beat up some kids later. I'll let you sucker punch a baby. It will be hard core.

Seriously, though. Please, please, the next time you see me, or any other non-challenging vehicle at a light, don't antagonize them and encourage them to 'race.' Instead, pull your head our of your ***, and realize that your hatchback is probably faster than a minivan, delivery truck, recreational vehicle, bicycle, u-haul, and other similar underpowered non/aerodynamic vehicles. Oh, and don't forget, you're probably faster than me, too.

Go play some more Gran Turismo, and quit being a jackass.
sounds like you have a few of these on your shoulder
Old 09-14-2005, 06:31 AM
11 Second Club

'Couple of them FRIES look really nasty
Old 09-14-2005, 07:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ScrudeDude
'Couple of them FRIES look really nasty
you mean CHIPS
Old 09-14-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

shawnmce2's post defines the problem clearly. It's the same reason that I ramble on about Mustangs on occasion (& get roasted for doing so). Point being that there are a high number of people who drive these cars (not everyone) like they have something to prove. Most to the point that they are dangerous. Personally, I get tired of some punk reving, tailgating...etc., trying to force a race in rush hour traffic. Where exactly are we gonna go, 15' ahead & then slam on the brakes? It's the lack of respect for people & safety that burns me.

There is a guy @ our drag strip who is pretty cool, nice guy. One night he says to me will that thing do 140 MPH? I said "Don't know, haven't had it on an oval or a road course to find out." He says, "Oh, just take it out on the highway & open her up." I said "If you were driving @ 70 MPH, came over a slight ridge in the road & on the other side was a parked car right in your path how would you miss it?" He said, that would be tough, but, wouldn't have to worry because it would never happen. I said "well, try going 140 MPH & coming up on a car doing 70 MPH, it's the same thing." Too often, people don't think of the consequences of how they are driving.

Respond as you wish, it won't change my opinion. There are race tracks all over the place with plenty of willing competition. Have found several awesome Hondas & Mustangs there competing. These aren't the people targeted in my posts & I don't think these are the people shawnmce2 is targeting. It's the clueless street idiots that are the problem.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

I love this thread.... and yeah, those fries...
Old 09-14-2005, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ah

thats one of maddox's rants.
from right here: www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com

He's got some funny stuff there.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

300BHP..... those are Fries Oh yeah.... and another thing I have to get of my chest..... Its zeeeeeeee, not Zed :LOL:
Old 09-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Launching!

that is still pretty funny lol
Old 09-14-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

these threads make my day. i agree with what shawnmce2 i saying, that the ricers that just put a coffee can on the end of their car and some stickers think that they r the ****. yeah, i've even seen a honda try to race a truck in rush hour and he rear-ended the hell out of the person in front of him, they just r idiots.

however, i do give alot of respect to the imports that are done right. because this is such a rarity, i dont have to worry about it much.

oh, and those FRIES do look good
Old 09-14-2005, 01:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ThePOWERofaLS1
these threads make my day. i agree with what shawnmce2 i saying, that the ricers that just put a coffee can on the end of their car and some stickers think that they r the ****. yeah, i've even seen a honda try to race a truck in rush hour and he rear-ended the hell out of the person in front of him, they just r idiots.

however, i do give alot of respect to the imports that are done right. because this is such a rarity, i dont have to worry about it much.

oh, and those FRIES do look good
Except for two of them as previously noted. They look like they got gangrene on 'em.

For those not familiar with the term, it's: "Death and decay of body tissue, often occurring in a limb, caused by insufficient blood supply and usually following injury or disease."
Old 09-14-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

ooooh yeah thats no good. thought is was chili, but i can see how they could easily be gangrene. ill just run over to taco bell or bueno
Old 09-15-2005, 05:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1-450
shawnmce2's post defines the problem clearly. It's the same reason that I ramble on about Mustangs on occasion (& get roasted for doing so). Point being that there are a high number of people who drive these cars (not everyone) like they have something to prove. Most to the point that they are dangerous. Personally, I get tired of some punk reving, tailgating...etc., trying to force a race in rush hour traffic. Where exactly are we gonna go, 15' ahead & then slam on the brakes? It's the lack of respect for people & safety that burns me.

There is a guy @ our drag strip who is pretty cool, nice guy. One night he says to me will that thing do 140 MPH? I said "Don't know, haven't had it on an oval or a road course to find out." He says, "Oh, just take it out on the highway & open her up." I said "If you were driving @ 70 MPH, came over a slight ridge in the road & on the other side was a parked car right in your path how would you miss it?" He said, that would be tough, but, wouldn't have to worry because it would never happen. I said "well, try going 140 MPH & coming up on a car doing 70 MPH, it's the same thing." Too often, people don't think of the consequences of how they are driving.

Respond as you wish, it won't change my opinion. There are race tracks all over the place with plenty of willing competition. Have found several awesome Hondas & Mustangs there competing. These aren't the people targeted in my posts & I don't think these are the people shawnmce2 is targeting. It's the clueless street idiots that are the problem.
Thaks for agreeing with me on this.... and on another note, with so many cars coming out of the factory capable of being so fast with all these aftermarket parts for so cheap...the roads are more dangerous than ever...especially with inexperienced drivers on the road behind the wheels of these capable cars.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ah

thats one of maddox's rants.
from right here: www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com

He's got some funny stuff there.
Haha! I was thinking maddox the whole time I was reading this too, Maddox is the man