Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Coming back from a concert in Tampa

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Coming back from a concert in Tampa

I'm driving down the Interstate this morning when a black Lightning with sidepipes comes up beside me on Interstate 4 ... on my way back from Tampa after a Paul McCartney concert last night. The guy dropps back and got in my lane he keeps running up behind me letting me know he thinks his **** is badass.

About the 4th time he does this, I floored it from 65-110 ... no traffic for 1/2 mile in front of us. After I watched him quickly fall back in my rearview, I let off the gas and set my cruise control back to 65.

The dude comes up beside me and asks me to roll my window down, so I did. He says, 'This is the 'family ride'. I just said, 'That's a helluva nice ride for a 'family ride.' He said, 'I've got somethin' sittin' in my driveway that will smoke that Trans Am's ***. As I was rolling up my window, I simply said. 'Run what ya' brung, brother'.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew/know guys like that. Everyone does. They get smoked or challenged by something that scares them, or they rev at someone and get jumped on and they want to start bench racing from the drivers seat with what they "could" be driving. My "other" ride, brother's car, neighbors bike, old car I sold, car I'm picking up next week, this one after the twin turbo install, is lame. Worse than ricers (many are ricers) cause they should know you can't win with it unless you're driving it.

Should have given him the Ricky Lake "what eva" with your hands.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I've never told nobody that. If he had beat me, I'm sure there would not have been a mention from him about what he claimed to have sitting in his driveway. Conversation would have been all about how fast his Lightning was ... LOL!
Old 09-19-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just for the record.... Tampa's no boobie and booze policy sucks.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SporkLover
Just for the record.... Tampa's no boobie and booze policy sucks.

On another note, To quote that movie, it doesn't matter if you won by a foot or a mile.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

I'm afraid to ask ....
Old 09-19-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SOMFormula

On another note, To quote that movie, it doesn't matter if you won by a foot or a mile.
actually its "it dont matter if you win by an INCH or a mile..." but we wont get into that.....i hate ppl who talk **** after they lose