Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Fairlady Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And i agree with both of you. I hate it when people try to stick badges on their cars and claim "yea its really a Type-R, Cobra, etc, etc so that makes it faster than your car". I have no respect for them at all, but hey if thats what they choose to do then they are the ones looking like asses, and thats their choice. Stanger88 if you were to buy the entire kit and everything and tell people its a cobra thats your choice (not saying you would do that but just using your example). If and when people found out then youd be the one looking foolish, but again its your choice, and like brandondrecksage said you will get made fun of or looked down upon, but if your stupid enough to try to make your car something it isnt then you should be looked down upon. Im not trying to justify the rebadging of a car as being correct in any way, just saying that its a piece of plastic with a number/name on it that people put on their cars, but people seem to think that it should be outlawed or illegal or carry a fine or something for doing so when it reality its just the owners preference. When its done its something to laugh at and you can take pride in the fact that your not an ***-clown like the guy next to you that has his car badged as something its not.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanger88
THe problem is not that the badge is incorrect and we are not sensetive to personal preference, the issue is with jackasses who want to make their car more than it is with the simple presence of a badge. For instance, instead of "well, I just like having fairlady Z on my car, its cool" you hear "yo man, this is a Fairlady Z, it'll rape your car man, its fairlady!!!!" In case A, who cares, they like it, bravo. In case B (which is sadly much more common) its annoying as hell and implies either grand self-dilusionary behavior or blatent igrnorance/stupidity. IT would be like me buying a Cobra body kit/rims and badging my car as a cobra and telling people I owned a cobra. I dont, its a GT. You want to know what a car is? Pull the VIN. As in when you go to trade that car in...is it a cobra? no...WORTH LESS... "BUT IT LOOKS LIKE ONE!!" you squeal...they say "well, not everyone wants a knockoff and we probably will have trouble selling it because it isnt original and a lot of people want OEM cars when they come to a dealer." SO no matter if its a carbon copy of whatever you are imitating, IT IS NOT WORTH THE SAME, nor is it ACCEPTALBE to call it the same. If I looked like elvis, sang like elvis, and gyrated my pelvis like elvis, would I be the real deal....no, when is the last time an Elvis Impersonator sold out a concert? huh!?!?!

*rant off* sorry, just get tired of idiots trying to be something they are not.
Rant? No, man, that was very, VERY well-put.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
two things.....

I never said you put it on your car

and the part in bold...i said you can do whatever you want to your car, i'm not telling you not to do it in the future if you get the urge.

and you didn't anwser my question..would you look down or make fun of the guy that put a SS badge on his z28....and would you do the same with the guy that put type R in his rsx type s?

cause if you say yes, then your using double standards for some reason. I'm just trying to make a point...i'm not attacking you....I just think its dumb when you try to make your car what it isn't. that even goes for "clones" like when peopel take a older camaro and make it a yenko clone..that is stupid..you don't have a yenko. only time its cool to make a clone is if its getting destroyed ina movie..like 2 fast 2 furious had yenko clones because I'd be pissed if they destroyed real ones.

You prove a couple good points and make me second guess the idea. Is it possible that I was being a Little......I said a little biased, Maybe. But the honest truth is that OTHER THAN the Right hand drive the Z and the Fairlady are the same. Would I look down on the Type R badges on hondas and ****, not going to lie probably yes. But that's also because their owners are ignorant think it looks cool and have done nothing to make it a Type R. Now if I see and NSX or any other acura with a Honda emblem instead of the Acura I don't look down at that at all. Why? Because there is no Acura anywhere but here and once again it's just the way the car is sold somewhere else.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Don't do it, man. Build up the sweetest 350Z ever. Build one that schools a bunch of other ones. Build one that looks more badass than the rest. Then, leave your 350Z badge on somewhere with pride! Pride in the fact that you own the U.S. Spec left-hand drive Nissan 350Z, with NO SHAME!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

I'd like to but you know it's not really cheap to do so. Especially when it comes to this import crap it really seems like they just like to jack the **** out the prices. Donations are welcome though
Old 09-29-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
I'd like to but you know it's not really cheap to do so. Especially when it comes to this import crap it really seems like they just like to jack the **** out the prices. Donations are welcome though

I'll tell you what... If I win the lottery, after I finish with my car I'll buy you whatever you want for it under the condition it retains its 350Z nomenclature. Would you agree to the terms?

JK, good luck with your car, man. I think many here would agree most of us are underpaid.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
You prove a couple good points and make me second guess the idea. Is it possible that I was being a Little......I said a little biased, Maybe. But the honest truth is that OTHER THAN the Right hand drive the Z and the Fairlady are the same. Would I look down on the Type R badges on hondas and ****, not going to lie probably yes. But that's also because their owners are ignorant think it looks cool and have done nothing to make it a Type R. Now if I see and NSX or any other acura with a Honda emblem instead of the Acura I don't look down at that at all. Why? Because there is no Acura anywhere but here and once again it's just the way the car is sold somewhere else.
but now your just saying they are all ignorant? what if they had the type R drivetrain and all the same body parts? like i said before though..do what you want with your car...if your a true car enthusiast....you won't give a **** what other people thing about your car. I'm jsut making a point...everyone laughs at the guy in an integra...when it says type R and he has a gsr under the hood....and they'll laugh at him if he has the type R drive train and it wasn't originally a type R, but he has type r badging.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
but now your just saying they are all ignorant? what if they had the type R drivetrain and all the same body parts? like i said before though..do what you want with your car...if your a true car enthusiast....you won't give a **** what other people thing about your car. I'm jsut making a point...everyone laughs at the guy in an integra...when it says type R and he has a gsr under the hood....and they'll laugh at him if he has the type R drive train and it wasn't originally a type R, but he has type r badging.
I'm not really saying anything anymore about it. I think we are both on the same track about the topic it's just that we see certain things differently. There's a lot of people who would agree with both of us. Even real car enthusiasts. But by saying that I don't wanna start another argument. I like to meet people half way on most things and maybe that's why i'm looking at it both ways. And Bboyforeal- Ummmm, I'll get back to you on that