Because each hideous decal adds at least 50 horsepower
The most intimidating one is the one that says NAWWWS
If they have this one watch out, you know they are boss

They finish the car off with some huge plastic dubs
Which don’t fit the car, and the wheel wells they rub
And we can’t forget the neon lights, they make the car glow
And remind all other drivers that they really aren’t slow

Then it’s off to the streets, to challenge people to race
But their cars are so fast, how do they expect people to keep pace?
Yes they will go flying past you when your not looking, they now have just beat you
And will then cut you off, and throw on their flashers to greet you

However if you ever surprise them and beat them in a race
They will instantly make excuses and lie to your face
Saying “My turbos didn’t spool, you have nitrous, you cheated!”
Because there is no way that their supercar could have ever been defeated

Yes this is the mentality of ricers all across the US
It’s really quite sad, and has made the import image a mess
But it is a riot to witness them, and fun we can poke
At their cars and their lives, because they both are a joke!
Old 09-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Teching In

i'm not an import guy..my current vehicle is an 04 gto..before that a supercharged 00 mustang..and before that aa 99 dakota r/t.

regardless of how cheesy the movie was it did do one. i got a whole generation of people interested in cars again. i'm not a big fan of street racing especially the antics and attitudes associated with it. but these kids are doing what they can. they buy a cheap car cause that's what they can afford. i have no problem with imports. some of them are absolutely beautiful and with the proper mods can reak havoc on some american muscle.

what i do agree with is the "ricer" image. the loud mouth clowns who tear up their suburban streets without a care in the world. know your place. don't pull up to a soccer mom with her three kinds in her windstar and expect a race.

most of the people on this forum and the other v-8's as well. present themselves as educated and mannered individuals. from what a i've there is mutal respect for just about everyone. and it is the ricers who pop in and start running their mouths that causes most of the loathing.

and with that i want to say thank you to all those on here who have taken the time to help out the new guys. who regardless of how simple the question is they treat that person with respect. i'm new to the LS1 and i've learned a great deal...
Old 09-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Well Said and I have to Agree with you on that one........
Old 09-28-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, I agree too. I have no problems at all with any import. Hell even if its a ricer thats ok, do what you want to your car your the one who has to drive it, but its the ********* who do this **** to their cars then go out and drive like morons and cause accidents, kill people, and cause police to target all cars that are fast (or in ricers case APPEAR to be fast) as street racers. They ruin it for everyone.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Teching In

indeed they do.. i feel for the guys out in cali. i'm from mass too. just waiting for the MA laws to follow suit. ticketing for every mod you've done to your car. ur right though the police are targeting everyone. if you stand out in any way they will get you eventually.
my dad is nearly 60yrs old never had a ticket in his life. he has dropped about 20,000 in his ram. but drives like he's elderly. he got pulled over a couple of weeks ago for having aftermarket fog lights.. this is kind of thing we don't need. those of us who are going to work or just out cruiseing enjoying the ride getting harrassed becasue of this image that has been created....
agree with you all the way
Old 09-28-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Yea i dont know where you are located in mass but im right outside of worcester and the cops are getting real strict. Before we used to be able to go to the strip downtown on friday and staurday nights to park, hang out, and cruise. Then all of a sudden a few years ago a TON of ricers started showing up. We were all smart enough to know not to race or anything on the main strip, hell i rarely street race period, its not safe, but these ricers have no clue. They started tearing up and down the strip with their fart cans and loud/offensive music and now the cops wont let anyone cruise nor park their cars and hang out. It sucks, they even started giving out tickets for "noise violations". It started because of the stereos and now they are giving out for fart cans and anyone who has a loud exhaust. It just sucks and its only gonna get worse.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Teching In

unfortuneetly your right. i'm from norfolk, but i'm stationed in korea right now. and before that it was NC. down there it's completely different. any day of the week you can go to a local parking lot with dozens of cars and not be bothered. i haven't even seen a good cruise when i'm back home
Old 09-28-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Oh wow, Korea huh? How do you like being stationed there and did you choose to go there? Yea it sucks, the cops come and break everything up like an hour into a car emet. Its pathetic, we have to go from like parking lot to parking lot, until finally the cops get pissed and tell us all to go home or they will impound our cars. We arent even causing any trouble. Im 24 and like half of the guys I hang with are in their 30's, some are even 40 (not that thats old) and cops still bust our *****. I have to say they do give us a little bit of a break since some of the cars are running true duals and big cams and are real loud and usually wont give them tickets, but even so its like they think we are congregating and plotting a ******* huge revolt against the establishment! NO we are hanging out, not causing any trouble, simply because we share a common interest and thats cars. I think more **** happens because of them not allowing people to hang out. It forces more cars on the roads and leads to more street racing. The guys I hang with dont do a whole lot of street racing merely because its so unsafe, but some of the other groups that are composed of younger car enthusiasts will get forced to leave a spot, so now their cars are on the road and so they race to entertain themselves because they cant all park and hang out. Its just stupid!
Old 09-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

can they legally do that? I mean what crime are you committing? aren't you allowed to congregate.... Isn't that in the bill of rights? and on what grounds would they impound your car??? they cant ******* do that I would ******* complain to the mayor and if enough people complain than things will change
Old 09-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

that **** really pisses me off. I would tell the cop to **** off.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Teching In

korea...well imagine waking up one morning and finding that the hyundai tiberon is the greatest car ever made. being surrounded by kias...it's rough. i bought the gto two weeks before getting here and i'm stuck here for two years...

i'm an mp...so i guess i can see a point in the cops thinking they are doing the community a service. but your statement is absolutely true.. which is worse a bunch of pissed off kids on the road or a group of enthusiasts gathering in an empty lot admireing their cars.

i would bring it up at a town council meeting. or if you get written permission from the property owner there isn't too much the police can do.
try to set something up with a local business owner where you can use their lot like every other friday or saturday night after business hours.

its a shame that we can't simply stand next our cars and bullshit with our buddies...i'm with you guys even from the other side of the globe.....
good luck
Old 09-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I hate the ricer crowds tendancy to pimp crappy cars, but think about it, if they spend all their $$ on body kits, thats just that much less they are spending on drugs and the like in a lot of cases. I think some good came of the movies.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by yellow04gto
i'm not an import guy..my current vehicle is an 04 gto..before that a supercharged 00 mustang..and before that aa 99 dakota r/t.

regardless of how cheesy the movie was it did do one. i got a whole generation of people interested in cars again. i'm not a big fan of street racing especially the antics and attitudes associated with it. but these kids are doing what they can. they buy a cheap car cause that's what they can afford. i have no problem with imports. some of them are absolutely beautiful and with the proper mods can reak havoc on some american muscle.

what i do agree with is the "ricer" image. the loud mouth clowns who tear up their suburban streets without a care in the world. know your place. don't pull up to a soccer mom with her three kinds in her windstar and expect a race.

most of the people on this forum and the other v-8's as well. present themselves as educated and mannered individuals. from what a i've there is mutal respect for just about everyone. and it is the ricers who pop in and start running their mouths that causes most of the loathing.

and with that i want to say thank you to all those on here who have taken the time to help out the new guys. who regardless of how simple the question is they treat that person with respect. i'm new to the LS1 and i've learned a great deal...
I agree you can ask them if they could get another car it would be a domestic V8. But they have the same problems I do INSURACE kills you.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Man, I hate the ricer crowds tendancy to pimp crappy cars, but think about it, if they spend all their $$ on body kits, thats just that much less they are spending on drugs and the like in a lot of cases. I think some good came of the movies.
Half the ricers around here ARE the ones selling drugs.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by yellow04gto
korea...well imagine waking up one morning and finding that the hyundai tiberon is the greatest car ever made. being surrounded by kias...it's rough. i bought the gto two weeks before getting here and i'm stuck here for two years...

i'm an mp...so i guess i can see a point in the cops thinking they are doing the community a service. but your statement is absolutely true.. which is worse a bunch of pissed off kids on the road or a group of enthusiasts gathering in an empty lot admireing their cars.

i would bring it up at a town council meeting. or if you get written permission from the property owner there isn't too much the police can do.
try to set something up with a local business owner where you can use their lot like every other friday or saturday night after business hours.

its a shame that we can't simply stand next our cars and bullshit with our buddies...i'm with you guys even from the other side of the globe.....
good luck
Damn, yea that must be tough, especially since you have like a brand new gto just sitting there. Yea I mean I understand the cops breaking people up, they are afraid that it could be potentially a drug deal (there has been a rise in drug deals recently in the area) or that we are seting up street races or something like that, but I mean we arent doing anything wrong and even when we explain this to the officers they still make us move. There is one place that i know of right now, its heberts candy masion and they have a huge car meet every thursday, but its only from like 4-9, and im not home from boston from work till around 7:30 so i can rarely make that and it seems there is nowhere else to go. I will def talk to some local business owners, such as restaurants or other places with huge parking lots, if we can meet there (especially if we all go in and eat lol). Its just pretty sad though that its deteriorated so much. Like it seems everywhere I go I get the evil eye from cops, when it used to be that most cops would give me a thumbs up or something like that when they saw my car. Now with all crap that has been goin on, with street racing and drug dealing, and all that stuff the situation has just turned so crappy. I would never sell my car, I love it too much, but it is near impossible to drive now that I have to deal with all these issues. I can drive it around my small suburban town and im fine, the cops are cool, but as soon as I go into the city its like I painted "**** the police" on the side of my car, because every cop has their eye on me. I agree though I am def gonna send a petition to the mayor with a ton of signtaures from all of the car guys I hang with, see what he can do about it.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01SSDRVR
Half the ricers around here ARE the ones selling drugs.
So true, i see at least 5 riced out cars a week with fart cans and like blacked out windows pulled over to the side of the road, with the owners sitting in the back of the police squad car and the officers searching their car. I mean not that all ricers are drug dealers, but what the **** are they thinking? Hey, we are transporting drugs, so lets make our shitty cars LESS conspicuous by blacking out the windows and putting loud fart cans on them...just stupid...
Old 09-29-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

If these kids are buying Civics and Neons because they are cheap then they need to look into LT1 f-bodies and '98 LS1 f-bodies. There are '98 Z28s out there that can be had for under 10k and they are cool, fast, good sounding cars.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FLeXNuTZ
If these kids are buying Civics and Neons because they are cheap then they need to look into LT1 f-bodies and '98 LS1 f-bodies. There are '98 Z28s out there that can be had for under 10k and they are cool, fast, good sounding cars.
true, but then they wont be able to have that sweet exhaust tone, or the the sweet feeling you get when you put the v-tech vinyl on your p.o.s. honda crx, or going with 50 of your friends to the fast and furious release and revving at every car in sight as you drive in a pack thinking that you are the toughest thing on earth
Old 09-29-2005, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I remember going to see the 2F2F movie when it came out with a bunch of friends. After the movie was over, everyone was reving in the garage with their 4 cylinders and fart cans. I gave one 5K rev in the T/A with the loudmouth and everyone stopped reving. Ahhhh silence was golden at that time.