Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got Caught

Old 09-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Caught

I think this is the forum to ask this, if not i am sorry. I got a ticket the other day for exhibition of acceleration, though i dont think i was, the cop was a ***. What is the usual punishment for this? On the ticket i just have a court date, and i only have one ticket before this on my record of careless driving.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn man, i got an exhibition of speed ticket once for chirping my tires going from 1st to 2nd when i had first bought my Z28. i went to court, and they said i had to plead guilty or not guilty, i wanted to plead not guilty. the only thing was i missed the first court appointment, so i couldnt leave the courthouse without paying the bail first just in case i lost the court trial, which is in december... anyway, it ended up costing me 1600 bucks to leave that damn courthouse all because i wasnt used to driving my car yet. i also think it counts as 2 points on your lisence.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Launching!

I hope it isnt 4 points, cause my careless driving got me 4, and here in Nebraska at 12 you loose your license for a year. I dont need that. Plus, i didnt even spin the tires, i didnt even think i was accelerating fast, i just went through first gear and took the rpm a little higher than usual, making my exhaust louder and appear as though i was going fast, and shifted to second then coasted. He said that he clocked me doing 53 in a 30, but that is total bull crap, for me to be going 53 in that short of a distance i would have had to be totally on it, which i wasnt.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Exhibition of acceleration? Are you ******' kidding? Were you speeding, swerving, or driving like an *** in general or is this completely bogus? I don't see how you could not get out of this ticket if you were just accelerating fairly quickly up to the speed limit without burning the tires or anything. ******' cops. If he actually wrote "exhibition of acceleration" as the infraction on the ticket then any judge that isn't retarded will drop it. Hell, you can't drive and keep from accelerating.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hope you get off easy.

Tom
Old 09-30-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, if he said he caught you at 53 in a 30 then you might be screwed because it'll be your word against his. I hear that happens a lot.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Yea, but he didnt put on the ticket anywhere that he clocked me at 53 in a 30, all it says is "exhibition of acceleration". And, i know i was barely going over 40.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Default Just a ticket?

If you do that in Houston Texas it's a class b misdemeaner you go to jail car impounded and suspended DL.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

For exhibition of acceleration? Their impound lot must be the size of Boeing's plant in Washington.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Yea, there is no way I would be thown in jail and my car impounded for "exhibiting my acceleration"
Old 09-30-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DamanSS
Yea, but he didnt put on the ticket anywhere that he clocked me at 53 in a 30, all it says is "exhibition of acceleration". And, i know i was barely going over 40.
So, were you doing 40 in a 30 or was the speed limit 45 or something? If you weren't speeding then you may have a chance of fighting it, especially if he didn't include speeding on the ticket.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Launching!

the speed limit there is 30, and i was going around 42ish (i didnt really look at the speedometer since i didnt think i was doing anything), but he claims that he radared me at 53 but didnt write anything at all about speeding on the ticket, it literally says "exhibition of acceleration". And, today right after i got done talking to that fagget cop i went to the county attourneys office to fight it and he just said that he would have to get in contact with the police officer that pulled me over and he would call me early next week and talk about it. He could possibly take it down to just taking the stop class or something if he is nice. If he ends up being on the cops side and does nothing im going to get my attourney in on this to appear with me at the court date.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Launching!

What makes it suck so bad is that the only reason this happened is becuase i go to school here in this little town of York, NE. If this would have happened in Omaha, NE(where im from, big city) i wouldn't have even been pulled over, or if i had it would have been just a warning.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Default Jail

Yea, there is no way I would be thown in jail and my car impounded for "exhibiting my acceleration"
Let me clarify, if you spin your tires even if you are beside no one, or get caught racing with another vehicle then it would be jail time . If the cop just thought you were going too fast then it would be just a speeding ticket.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Launching!

there was no spinning of the tires at all, i wasnt accelerating too fast, though he thought i was
Old 09-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Default No Violation Then

Don't think you did anything wrong.If you didn't spin your tires and he didn't clock you , they should kick the ticket out.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why didn't you ask to see the speed on the radar gun? I believe you are entitled to ask if you are accused of speeding. I know I heard that before but it may not be true.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Launching!

he didnt write it anywhere on the ticket that i was speeding, so i dont think he can use that at all, i might be wrong though.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Launching!

I just dont want to have to worry about having my licence taken away, that would suck sooooo bad
Old 09-30-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

all the advice isn't gonna do you **** on here, except probably fill you with worthless information. if you have a ticket on your record, especially one of careless and wreckless driving, you need to consult an attorney, hopefully they can get it dismissed, or reduced, this is your best option. if you show up in court and plead not guilty, they will hammer you if you don't have and attorney, pay a lil money, and get off easy, you will save money in the long run

Search this Thread