Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 T/A v.s. RX-7 TII

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 T/A v.s. RX-7 TII

So my gf and I were cruising the main strip last night after grabbing a bite to eat, and I run up on this LS1 SS. Real clean with TT2's. I tailed him for a few city blocks figuring maybe he'd want to play around. As I get a little closer I see he has what looks like stock exhaust. He makes a left turn and I figure oh well, and start heading for home.

Not more than a second after the SS turned off I see this older RX-7 come flying by me. I heard a BOV and he obviously had some type of exhaust/muffler thing going on. I pick up my pace to about 5mph over the limit to try and catch up. We get to a small straightaway and he gets beside me, looks over, downs shifts, and gags it a little. I grin and drop to 3rd doing about 50ish We both kind of "get into it" for a second and we're about dead even for a short 2-3 second spree.

I slow back down hoping to maybe catch a light but he starts running away like he was scared or something. I'm thinking, "He either heard my LOE (Lack Of Exhaust) modification and got scared, or his accelerater is stuck". I pick up the pace a little once again and catch back up to him. We cruise for 2-3 miles within a car or so of each other hoping to catch a light. And then it happens...

We pull up to a red light with me in the far left, him in the far right, and a crotch rocket in the middle. I'm thinking oh great now we'll both get embaressed, lol! I hear the RX-7 bringing up his RPM's and I wait for the green. It comes a second later and I leave absolutely normal from a dead stop. I hear/see the RX-7 go WOT and I do the same. By the end of 1st he was 2-3 cars back. I grab 2nd, tires bark, I stay in it for a second or two, until I can full see the RX-7 in my rear view, and let off.

He comes cruising by a second later looking straight ahead, I make a u-turn, head for home, and that was that...

Jon
Old 10-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Launching!

Cool kill bro

I like RX-7's yummy
Old 10-02-2005, 03:26 AM
On The Tree

You dropped to third at 50? I don't know about you other manual guys with stock gears but I shift out of first around 50 and second goes to around 73. Dropping to 3rd at fifty would of put you around 3k?
Old 10-03-2005, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

Yes, that's why there's a "joking" smiley after that sentence. To imply that I wasn't really trying, that I was just playing.

Jon
Old 10-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depends on your gears...I drop 2nd at about 50 and go into third. I hit 4th at around 80-85 and hold it to 105-110. After that, its OD.