Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Silly Civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silly Civic

Enjoying the ride home from work this evening. Silly kid in his little civic pulls next to me at the light. I knew he would jump all over the light, so I let him get an inch ahead....and the was all she wrote. Then he follows me on to the freeway, pulls next to me at 80mph and takes off......I was in 6th and gained some power and went on by at about 110. I shoulda just dropped it in 4th and ended any hope he had.....he had to be on the bottle to take off from 80 like that....
Old 10-20-2005, 03:16 AM
Staging Lane

As cliche as it becomes, they need reminded that they reside at the bottom of the food chain!
Old 10-20-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LoL nice kills on the rice, I like to let them edge off at the light and go WOT, then i keep up with them at part throttle while they are WOT still and then I floor it and leave them int he dust. Haha makes them think that they are hanging with the car and that i sprayed them, then when i tell them its a stock internal exhaust only car they look like they are gonna cry and say im lying...gotta love ricers, they are always good for a laugh.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a modded Civic SI try to do a fly by on the street. It was about 12:00 p.m. To put it short I played around with him a couple of times. I dont see how they think that their car is actually fast.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Yea i know what you mean. I hang with a bunch of import guys who have EVO's and STI's and a few with some Audi S4's and they always have a ton of wanna be's with slow *** imports trying to hang with them and its so sad because they somehow think they fit in. Like one time i was hanging with them and one kid got a new mitsubishi eclipse gt (not the new one with 260+ hp but the old body style ones) and the first thing he asks is if he could beat me...doesnt ask if he can beat any of the stock evo's (some are modded some are stock), or the stock s4's or the stock wrx's, or the stock srt-4's, he immediately wants to try and run me. Well I instantly obliged and we went out to an empty 2 lane road and did a quick run and needless to say it wasnt even close. It all comes down to the fact that some people have NO idea what other cars have under the hood. When we got back everyone was laughing and jokingly asked if he won, which he replied no, and then asked what i had done. When I told him i just had exhaust done he was speechless and goes "wow those things are that fast stock?". I mean I understand not knowing what a car has under the hood but why dont they ask or do some research before calling people out and trying to race them? Its just sad...
Old 10-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
When we got back everyone was laughing and jokingly asked if he won, which he replied no, and then asked what i had done. When I told him i just had exhaust done he was speechless and goes "wow those things are that fast stock?".
That's when you reply, "Oh by the way, it's only the v-6 model" and just leave them guessing...
Old 10-20-2005, 03:27 PM
STF Veteran

The fact that he was driving a 3g GT instead of a 1g/2g GS-T or GSX was enough to tell me he didn't really know anything about peformance cars. Rest of the story just confirmed it.

I remember a year or two ago, a client comes into my businessplace and starts chating up my coworker about his VW GTI that was out front and how nice a car it is, how quick and such. I'm just standing there because the TA was parked like right next to it.

I think a lot of people purposely overlook american cars, like they're a blind spot. My guess is it's somehow not "Trendy" to like american cars anymore? Like they're only for rednecks and the unenlightened? **** if I know. There isn't a car on the road that I don't have a pretty good idea where they stand compared to the TA (unmodded of course)... yet, I'm the "unenlightend" one? hah. Gotta love the irony.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
The fact that he was driving a 3g GT instead of a 1g/2g GS-T or GSX was enough to tell me he didn't really know anything about peformance cars. Rest of the story just confirmed it.

I remember a year or two ago, a client comes into my businessplace and starts chating up my coworker about his VW GTI that was out front and how nice a car it is, how quick and such. I'm just standing there because the TA was parked like right next to it.

I think a lot of people purposely overlook american cars, like they're a blind spot. My guess is it's somehow not "Trendy" to like american cars anymore? Like they're only for rednecks and the unenlightened? **** if I know. There isn't a car on the road that I don't have a pretty good idea where they stand compared to the TA (unmodded of course)... yet, I'm the "unenlightend" one? hah. Gotta love the irony.
I agree with you 100% Me and my friend rode up to the Movies and I got overlooked by a crowd of younger guys, 18-23, in a parking lot when my friend pulls up in a riced out civic with a Carbon Fiber hood and Lambo Doors. They were amazed at the doors and the Carbon Fiber Hood he had. They went around him after he parked and started asking questions about what he had done to it, it only has an exhaust and intake. I just listened to what they had to say and how it sounded really nice to them when he rode by. I guess they did not hear nor appreciate the Headers with no Cats exhaust in my car, not to mention that my Car looks like a Black Bird.
On the other hand when me and my friend with a Civic go to a place with the older more mature crowd, 25-50 all I get is compliments and they over look what he has and just kind of laugh. Oh well, different things please different people.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Exactly, he only got the newer eclipse because he figured it was newer so it was faster than the old ones. Im sure he had/has no idea that an awd turboed eclipse even exists. I know what your talking about how people seem to appreciate/admire imports over domestics nowadays. Hell last weekend I was at a car show (both imports and domestics were invited) and one of my buddies is all about appearance mods on his wrx and he got more attention on his stock wrx with silver carbon fiber hood, trunk, and spoiler than any of my LS1 buddies did and his car is stock except for a turbo back and bov. People were crowding around like it was the next coming of jesus christ himself! Dont get me wrong, its a nice looking car, but its seems people appreciate a car with more show than go. Im the exact opposite, ill go look for the fastest car out there and see what they have done. People are so brainwashed that imports are automatically better than domestics and its so annoying. I have a personal experience with my own uncle. He got a jag x-type 3.0 and to make a long story short thought it was faster than my z28 (which he had never been for a ride in). After taking him for a ride he relized how fast my car actually is and changed his opinion. It seems it takes a physical ride in one of our cars to make people appreciate what they can do.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:22 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love it when a civic spanks the living crap out of an LS1 powered vehicle. It's a total reality check. Wait till it happens to you (applies to all). You will mod (again, all).
Old 10-20-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I love it when a civic spanks the living crap out of an LS1 powered vehicle. It's a total reality check. Wait till it happens to you (applies to all). You will mod (again, all).

Haha i totally agree with you, but its not these imports that im talking about. If I got beat by a civic id def want to stop and talk to them and see what their car has done as im a fan of any fast car. However, for the 99% of the other civics out there that are slow as hell and are just fart cans and wings its just annoying when their owners think they can hang with you or beat you simply because they have no idea what an LSx powered vehicle can do. Haha and when I get beat by any car it makes me want to mod my car more. I got walked by a heavily modded srt-4 a few weeks ago and I cant wait till I have my FM13 in, its killing me haha!
Old 10-20-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah. O.K. and what is your point? We all know that there are fast Civics out there, oh well.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah. O.K. and what is your point? We all know that there are fast Civics out there, oh well.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh yeah, I cant wait till a minivan smokes all of you all as well. Anything can be made fast.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

I'm with the fella above...a fan of anything FAST. Looks really don't mean a lot(talking about body kits, wings, etc.)...nice, clean look is best IMO.

I thought about getting a '91-'93 mustang....just because they are much lighter and part a cheaper and more available. It's the only body style I like and hard to find one that someone hasn't dicked with......

As far as EVO's are concerned......first night I had my Z I went for a cruise with a friend who had recently bought an EVO. We were dead even with my in 6th....dropped it in 4th and rolled on by him...that was about 120. Luckily I noticed the highway patrol before he noticed me
Old 10-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Teching In

.... There isn't a car on the road that I don't have a pretty good idea where they stand compared to the TA (unmodded of course)... yet, I'm the "unenlightend" one? hah. Gotta love the irony.
I agree with you buddy. Every car I have ever owned I have had a pretty good idea where it was in the food chain. As soon as i see another car my first instinct is to decide how fast it is compared to what I am driving.

Im also a fan of anything fast no matter what it is. I was on the freeway yesterday and I felt like yelling at some kid who had a mustang GT with cobra emblems, and even painted stripes that said cobra on them when it was clearly a stock GT. I have even seen a few v6 stangs with cobra emblems

I actually took off my rear svt symbol and am going to take the side ones off and replace them with the v6 emblems. Id rather drive a sleeper than a poser. Everyone already thinks my car is a "fake" cobra because its a 99 and the 99's dont say Cobra on the bumper.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:53 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
My point is that there are fast civics out there. Simple.

One day, when my setup was good for low 12 sec., I rolled up on an 11 sec. turboed civic. After the encounter, my car became an 11 sec. car within 2 weeks (bought and installed some heads).

It's easy to laugh at a civic until you're looking at its tail lights.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

It's amazing how a fart cannon induces confidence and POWER!! I live roughly 40 miles from Fort Campbell Kentucky, there are more Fart cannons and honda's rolling around there than I know what to do with. When I am looking for nothing better to do then to show some guy his **** isnt as fast as he thinks it is, then I roll down there to were they all "gather, and show" what they got. It's like a weekly night time car show. These guys got more boom in the trunk than under the hood....
It is grossly pathetic!!
One day they will come back to our side.....Naw i like it the way it is now!! You all rock!
Old 10-20-2005, 09:05 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
Oh yeah, I cant wait till a minivan smokes all of you all as well. Anything can be made fast.
Judging by your mod list, I'd start with you if I had such a minivan. Seems like you'd put up the least of a fight compared to others on this forum
Old 10-20-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
One day they will come back to our side.....Naw i like it the way it is now!! You all rock!
i agree i dont want those type on our side.

as for civics, or ant import it really doesnt bother me if they beat me(which is....extreamly rare) ill give them a thumbs up, check otu the car and what not, but it wont make me feel any less of a man because i know if i did half what they did to go fast, id still have them easily beaten.

only exceptions are like wrx sti and evo, which stock for stock are pretty close, but i dont feel bad because again, they need a turbocharger with significant boost to catch up