Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Should I race him, AGAIN?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 08:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should I race him, AGAIN?

I have the bolt-ons on my car. Headers, exhaust, free-mods, torque converter, shift kit, lid, ported mass air ends and nittos. My car is a
2000 ram air ws-6 no egr. I havent got it tuned, yet. Its an a4.
So there is a 97 camaro that has his (heads, cam, torque converter, gears, headers, ported intake, and a vortech supercharger.) But he is on street tires.
So the story is they have it for me. I have beaten him the past 4 times before he had the supercharger in it. By the way the supercharger was installed be (G-Force). I recomended them. So its like he turns his back cause I put *** whoopins on him. 1st race- beat him by 6 car lengths. 2nd race I put about 5 on him. The third time I raced him running and he hung in there until I shifted into third I got about 2 on him running. Remember its an a4. The last time is when he installed the gears heads and everything else I posted up above. I put 4 on him. I thought the tires were going to mess him up, but he doesnt really spin, plus he doesnt ask for the back tires, so oh well.
This time he got the supercharger and all of a sudden he doesnt want to talk too me and goes out and tells everybody that his car has been built for me. I still havent raced him and he still doesnt have tires on it. So my question is what do you all think I will do against this car if I decide to race his ***. It would be pretty shitty if he went through all that trouble to try and beat me and I just eat his *** up. I know that Im a better driver. Im also glad that my bolt-on car and I myself are motivation for him. ( What a dumbass).!!!
So let me know what do you all think. I had 4 on him before the supercharger.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

use dry 175 hp of nitrous , make him sale his LT1 & buy LS1 to race you again hehehehe
Old 10-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a cam/head/tune and kill him on some Nittos/BFG's.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

You know what is funny is that I put a 125 wet shot in my car and took it off. But my car on the gas was pretty impressive. I think I would tear him up on the gas.!!1 ( NOS USER)
I was thinking of putting heads and a cam but my torn ACL got in the way and there goes my spending money. But as soon as Im back to normal Im going to MTI to get it done either them or ICON Autosports!! I really want to get him all motor. Just so he can get off my back. Or so he can blow his POS up. J/P. lol. (Stanger88)
Oh and the tune should come and Im actually very impressed on how it has ran without the tune!!! I need that tune.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like all motor...jsut something about being NA is nice. (Maybe b/c it means i dont need a new ECU or a re-flash ) Point being, I just like NA.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stanger88
I like all motor...jsut something about being NA is nice. (Maybe b/c it means i dont need a new ECU or a re-flash ) Point being, I just like NA.
i am with you on that one.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

n/a is cool, and it would definitely rub it in his face. However if the nitrous is close at hand, i'd go with that. You won't need more than a 100 shot maximum, and it's pretty obvious that you would kill him till very high end with his street tires and crappy driving.

BTW, do you know if he got it tuned or not? I've heard of many people just throwing in a s/c and calling it good, not knowing they're gaining very little by not tuning the car at all.

The question of whether you should race him is pretty obvious, but i have a question for you. will you tape this?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Be flattered he holds you in such high esteem to "build" his car for you and you helped with advise on the car too. Run him. Win or lose, he wouldn't be there if it wasn't for you. But try to win.

Last edited by Ghostriderr; 10-26-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
n/a is cool, and it would definitely rub it in his face. However if the nitrous is close at hand, i'd go with that. You won't need more than a 100 shot maximum, and it's pretty obvious that you would kill him till very high end with his street tires and crappy driving.

BTW, do you know if he got it tuned or not? I've heard of many people just throwing in a s/c and calling it good, not knowing they're gaining very little by not tuning the car at all.

The question of whether you should race him is pretty obvious, but i have a question for you. will you tape this?
You know what I would tape this race. I think it will do him good to see that he is getting video taped and in his mind thinking that he is going to drag me, but doesnt. He does have a tune done to the car. I think by G-Force. I will post it up as soon as it gets done.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ghostriderr
Be flattered he holds you in such I esteem to "build" his car for you and you helped with advise on the car too. Run him. Win or lose, he wouldn't be there if it wasn't for you. But try to win.

For real thats what I was thinking. The dude is like an enemy to me he doesnt come to the house anymore he doesnt say hi. Its like he thinks he has king kons ***** or something. I think he is very childish and stupid being that he is 25 yrs old. and Im only 21. But oh well. I have no problem dragging his *** down. You know what I can say that I thiunk that the race will be over at the starting line. Im good there. Do you'll want the emergency lights too. If so they will be on at the line. lol. Im getting to cocky, lol , but they will turn on. If I put the gas on it they will be on since the burn-out. Just to rub it in his face. Let him know Im no joke.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Just be careful.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow you guys make the LT1s sound bad. Its not like they are Civics.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FLeXNuTZ
Wow you guys make the LT1s sound bad. Its not like they are Civics.
no but they arn't LS7s either.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EDALVA21
For real thats what I was thinking. The dude is like an enemy to me he doesnt come to the house anymore he doesnt say hi. Its like he thinks he has king kons ***** or something. I think he is very childish and stupid being that he is 25 yrs old. and Im only 21. But oh well. I have no problem dragging his *** down. You know what I can say that I thiunk that the race will be over at the starting line. Im good there. Do you'll want the emergency lights too. If so they will be on at the line. lol. Im getting to cocky, lol , but they will turn on. If I put the gas on it they will be on since the burn-out. Just to rub it in his face. Let him know Im no joke.
He just feels threatened. Probably feels like you were acting the bad guy part first and something about one of the races got back to him and he thinks you may have been bragging. His pride is hurt. Run him and offer to buy a pizza with him and some of your buds win or lose. Show him that you respect him as an adversary. Always better to have fast friends than fast enemies. And he is obviously keeping you sharp. Besides, you never know when you might need a ride or someone to help turn a wrench. Maybe he warns you about the speed trap he just passed instead of just flipping you off and letting you get a ticket.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Banned

How can there be a crappy driver with an A4?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Teching In

He must have no idea what he's doing or his car is running horribly to get beat that badly. I hope you aren't expecting to beat a heads/cam and blown LT1 car with a bolt on LS1 car. Not going to happen unless his car is running like absolute crap or he has garbage parts in it or something. Good luck regardless but with a setup like that you SHOULD need nitrous to even stay with him. He should walk all over you with you only having bolt-ons.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EDALVA21
I have the bolt-ons on my car. Headers, exhaust, free-mods, torque converter, shift kit, lid, ported mass air ends and nittos. My car is a
2000 ram air ws-6 no egr. I havent got it tuned, yet. Its an a4.
So there is a 97 camaro that has his (heads, cam, torque converter, gears, headers, ported intake, and a vortech supercharger.) But he is on street tires.
Something is wrong with his LT1, no tune done or something, or he just can't drive the damn car. A cammed/heads lt1 should have no problem taking a stock ls1 with bolt ons. Let's see what Vendetta thinks.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:04 PM
STF Veteran

A mostly bolt-on LS1 vs a h/c/stalled/BLOWN LT1 is... well it's ludicrous. Unless he's only running on 4 cylinders or you guys are only racing for 60 feet, he should annihilate you. If he doesn't, something is seriously wrong with his car. Judging by the mod list, you should be doing mid-high 12s and he should be doing low 11s (with traction) or better.

Quite frankly He should have been handing your losses without the supercharger, with just the H/C setup. LT1 isn't the equal of the LS1 from the factory, but it wakes the **** up with a good H/C setup.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Banned

Use the spray, you don't need friends like that at all, just race him use the nitrous and if he "wins" that is if he wins, don't give some bs excuse like you have more money in your car or something just let it go. Spray your car and beat him that all there is to it carry a 150 jet arround though just incase 100 isnt enough
Old 10-28-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

so wait how does a lt1 with "heads, cam, torque converter, gears, headers, ported intake, and a vortech supercharger" slower than a bolt on ls1? i dont get that. if his car was done right he should be easily 12's.