Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 cobra vs blown04Z06(me) and more

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 cobra vs blown04Z06(me) and more

well word got around to some cobra owner's(2) that my car was pretty quick...

no videos of these races.... but here is the story

cobra(1)blue/purple color. not sure what all he had done, tires, smaller pulley and exhaust i would assume.

cobra(2)white, tires, extensive work is all he would say and then said tonight we run for fun and next weekend we run for $200.00 my response, lets just go do this and see what tonights results are... cocky *** type...

raced cobra 1... from 40mph(im in 2nd) he hooked up, pulled a 1/2 to 3/4 of a car!!! im think oh ****.... i spun tires thru 2nd and almost top of 3rd.....4th im hooking and reeled his *** in and pulled him by 1-2 cars, he ***** down when im at 122..... handed him his *** and im thinking good luck next weekend...

raced cobra 2.... from 45mph(2nd again) he hooks and whats this that we smell N20, he pulls immeditely 1.5 cars out, im thinking damn it.... my tires once again are still spinning, i pulled his *** back in at 110-112 and then he saw taillights from there, we let off at 140-145, i went to 5th....

we race again, this time i honk, last time he did... im thinking 3 honks like last time, this focker takes off on the second honk, a reel his *** in and pulled him even harder this time, cause the tires were finally warm...

oh for those of you that saw the SRT4 video in which i lost in the race, he was lined up on the other side of the cobra, we were 4 lanes wide, i had a 900RR to the right of me.... pulled that 900RR at 134mph, he did a double take and couldnt believe i was there.

so i redeemed myself against the srt4..... not too start any **** at all but he just raced another pro charged z06..... this is one fast little turbo4...

go to bottom of page 2 and top of page 3... unreal... now he says he wasnt trying.... im not trying to start a war of any kind, just dont have any videos... but he does admit to losing to the pro charged Z06, that is putting out 10 more hp and about 24 more tq than my car is right now.

oh yes, i know, i need tires... i have learned from these races... its a must... I'll defintely need them on the new set up LS402ci... with the blower

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...9&page=2&pp=15

Last edited by Blown04Z06; 10-24-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah you really do need tires. Sick car though otherwise.

Good kills on the cobra jackasses, the cars might be expensive, but those guys are a dime a dozen.

And about the SRT-4 and the flame war that's going on over there, i think i can speak for everyone when i say, don't bring that **** over here. We get enough flame wars going in this powder keg.

And be sure to get a camera once you get tires!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:10 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Hey do you have the Black Z06 that when out to the Sonic on Little Rd. in Arlington last Friday?? If so how did you do against the STR4 that night.. I was the guy with the Dark Grey Mach1 that ran the other Z06 out there.. I forget what mods he has but I think they are full exhaust, cam, cai, and tune.. If I'm not mistaken.. I ran him twice with me on the N20, it was some very good runs.. I think I had about 1.5 cars but I'm not too sure, I wasn't looking behind me at the time..

Last edited by dan03mach; 10-24-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Hey do you have the Black Z06 that when out to the Sonic on Little Rd. in Arlington last Friday?? If so how did you do against the STR4 that night.. I was the guy with the Dark Grey Mach1 that ran the other Z06 out there.. I forget what mods he has but I think they are full exhaust, cam, cai, and tune.. If I'm not mistaken.. I ran him twice with me on the N20, it was some very good runs.. I think I had about 1.5 cars but I'm not too sure, I wasn't looking behind me at the time..

you did get him and congrats on that run.... damn you guys were moving when you passed us.... wow... not sure, but doug said he lost... intake, cam, LT, no cats, exhaust and a tune, is about all i know. for just those mods, his car is very quick.

come up to beach and 820 sat night, we usually go to the star bucks at western center first and n beach... you should get in on some action with that car you have... the silver z06 pulled the blue/purple cobra and he's coming back to race for $200.00 this weekend, both are coming back.

I have another friend that pulled him(silverZ06) with similar mods, you wont get to run him for awhile, he has to park the z06 for a little bit, legal stuff.

i beat the srt4 friday and sat night, but he is now saying he was messing around and it wasnt for real and his car was untuned, etc... Once again, I am not trying to start any flame wars with the SRT4 crowd. I get along with Chris the owner of the SRT4, we have no issues between us personally at all.

sat. night... the dip stick blew out on the last race and i lost oil pressure, motor is hesitating now, i think a couple of the plugs fouled out. going to replace those this week.

hopefully ill get a camcorder this weekend and record some of these races.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

hey guys, i was in the white trans am that rolled with u whenever the mach1 raced the grey z06. i had no idea u were talking about this thread!! anyways great races and really nice cars.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:18 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by Blown04Z06
you did get him and congrats on that run.... damn you guys were moving when you passed us.... wow... not sure, but doug said he lost... intake, cam, LT, no cats, exhaust and a tune, is about all i know. for just those mods, his car is very quick.

come up to beach and 820 sat night, we usually go to the star bucks at western center first and n beach... you should get in on some action with that car you have... the silver z06 pulled the blue/purple cobra and he's coming back to race for $200.00 this weekend, both are coming back.

I have another friend that pulled him(silverZ06) with similar mods, you wont get to run him for awhile, he has to park the z06 for a little bit, legal stuff.

i beat the srt4 friday and sat night, but he is now saying he was messing around and it wasnt for real and his car was untuned, etc... Once again, I am not trying to start any flame wars with the SRT4 crowd. I get along with Chris the owner of the SRT4, we have no issues between us personally at all.

sat. night... the dip stick blew out on the last race and i lost oil pressure, motor is hesitating now, i think a couple of the plugs fouled out. going to replace those this week.

hopefully ill get a camcorder this weekend and record some of these races.
I'm going to be out at Beach this weekend. I was going to go last weekend but I was too tired and fell asleep early.. I heard from some friends of mine that went out there that there was some good races.. I wouldn't worry about those Cobra's so much, most of them out there can't run for ****... I'll be out there on my Draglites Saturday for those dig runs..

Last edited by dan03mach; 10-25-2005 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown04Z06
sat. night... the dip stick blew out on the last race and i lost oil pressure, motor is hesitating now...
Sounds like serious blow by....I remember that. My ringlands were fucked.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:44 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by tripps
hey guys, i was in the white trans am that rolled with u whenever the mach1 raced the grey z06. i had no idea u were talking about this thread!! anyways great races and really nice cars.
Thanks Man, your TA looks very nice too.. Did you ever race anyone that night..
Old 10-25-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice video... The red prochargedz06 looks like a guy I met at Kennadle who said I could use his DR's one night while we were out there... Pretty cool guy. If it's him he also has a friend with a silver vette with a maggy on it that Ive talked with a few times.
I need a supercharger
Old 10-26-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CorvetteZ06
Nice video... The red prochargedz06 looks like a guy I met at Kennadle who said I could use his DR's one night while we were out there... Pretty cool guy. If it's him he also has a friend with a silver vette with a maggy on it that Ive talked with a few times.
I need a supercharger
LS2 402ci can get you 500-525 on motor add progressive electronic controlled 200 shot and your blasting away in an unbeatable combo.

im thinking about doing that...

so if i sell the ati P1, ill let you know. probably for 4k, maybe a little less.