Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs. Audi S4 vs. Ram SRT-10

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me vs. Audi S4 vs. Ram SRT-10

i had a little fun last night with some of my friends. the s4 is a TT v6 it has a GIAC chip, exhaust, and some other bolt ons. (claims 350 hp at the flywheel). the Ram has some type of exhaust and i chip that supposedly gave him over 600 hp. the funny thing is the guy in the s4 is 19. and his dad was driving the Ram and hes in his 40s. hes really cool. but we each had an extra passenger in our cars.

Race 1: we went from around a 40 roll. i had my car in 1st at a bout 3500 rpms. i gave three honks and we all launched. the ram pulled a car immediately on both of us. i started to reel the ram back in at about 90 mph. we ended up shutting down at 120. we were all DEAD EVEN. it was crazy 3 cars side by side going 120 mph. the we turned around.

Race 2: went from a 40 roll again. ram got the jump and pulled a car again. me and the s4 were even. i pulled the ram at about 100 this time. when we shut off at 130 i had about half a car on the ram. and the ram had about half a car on the S4. i wanted to get up to 140. i probably would have got him by a car then.

I still need to get O2 sims because my A/F ratio is off and my car has hardly any power under 3000 rpms. but it was a fun night so let me know what yall think.

Josh
Old 10-29-2005, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

so what do you have done to your car again? you guys should have walked that s4 from a roll on...
Old 10-29-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good kills! get that sucker tuned and you'll be ahead. Do you have headers or stock manifolds with duals?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:45 PM

Good race. I think O2 sims are just for the after cat O2's when you remove the cats. Those rear O2's don't affect A/F, they just tell the computer if the cat is working or not. I don't think O2 sims are used to replace the front O2 sensors but I could be wrong.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

my mods are in my sig. just exhaust and a lid. im running my duals on stock manifolds for now. but im gonna get LTs soon. i dont have any aftercat O2 sensors plugged in right now and my car isnt as strong down low and it just doesnt run that great.so i think next time i'll get them by even more when my car is running good.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A4 or M6?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LSfast1
my mods are in my sig. just exhaust and a lid. im running my duals on stock manifolds for now. but im gonna get LTs soon. i dont have any aftercat O2 sensors plugged in right now and my car isnt as strong down low and it just doesnt run that great.so i think next time i'll get them by even more when my car is running good.

good runs, but if your car isn't running strong it has nothing to do with the rear 02s. like has already been said they are ONLY there to check and see if the cat is working. they won't affect the way the car performs.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by strokedmti422
so what do you have done to your car again? you guys should have walked that s4 from a roll on...
Not necessarly. A B5 S4 modded like he mention would be a pretty good run for a LS1 w/ his mods. The B5 S4 (V6 TT) can run from a roll better than you might think.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

no they cant, they suck from a roll on... awd. i know, im looking into buyone one but i dont think i will because of all the reliabillity problems and modding is too expensive.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i agree, the S4 would most likely need more than bolt ons to even stand a chance on the highway.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by strokedmti422
no they cant, they suck from a roll on... awd. i know, im looking into buyone one but i dont think i will because of all the reliabillity problems and modding is too expensive.
Uh, yes they can. I'm speaking from experience. Not hearsay, not mag racing. I've owned one for +5 years. So all the research you were doing because you were looking into one, I already know. I know the limitations and strong points of this car in terms of straight line performance. All of my races (except a couple) have been from a roll on. I like 40/60 to 120/130. Less stress on the drivetrain. Less chance of breaking something. I know where my car is weak and where it's strongest, so I know where to run from when running from a roll. Still gotta know how to drive the car even from a roll on, just a lil bit.

Like I said, a good running MODIFIED S4 will run better on the highway than you might think. Key is good running. There are guys out there with suspect running S4s. Just like there are some LS1s out there that don't run as good as they should. Just the nature of this game. The key is to not be the less than standard running car.

An S4 with a GIAC chip, turboback exhaust and other little small bolt-on would not get "WALKED" by a basically stock LS1. That's a low 13s to high 12s car with above 105 trap speed (seen 104-108 with that setup). It would be a close *** race. Seen it, done it and my car ran less aggressive tuning than the GIAC tuning. If the LS1 had cam, longtubes, 4.10s, etc....then the S4 described would be in trouble.

I'm not saying the S4 is a fast car or can beat everything...hell no it can't. I do know what it's capable of running with.

Have fun, be safe on the streets.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black00TA
i agree, the S4 would most likely need more than bolt ons to even stand a chance on the highway.
Out of curiosity, what bolt-ons do you think it would need to stand a chance with the thread starter's car?
Old 11-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 4DR Assassin
Out of curiosity, what bolt-ons do you think it would need to stand a chance with the thread starter's car?
^^^ Exactly
Some of you guys are cracked out. The new S4 MOVES. especially well driven out of the hole. A driver willing to push an S4 will keep a stock LS1's hands full all day long.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

4drassassin's S4 is quick.. i only got a car length (from what i remeber) against him when my z06 was bone stock 341rwhp.. his s4 was right there.

stock vs stock = ls1
a ko4 turbo'd s4 would walk a stock ls1, bolt on, and give a cam'd yellow swan a good run for its $.. i know 4dr assassin did beat a bolt on black z06 when he had race gas in the family wagon lol
Old 11-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by InsomZ
4drassassin's S4 is quick.. i only got a car length (from what i remeber) against him when my z06 was bone stock 341rwhp.. his s4 was right there.

stock vs stock = ls1
a ko4 turbo'd s4 would walk a stock ls1, bolt on, and give a cam'd yellow swan a good run for its $.. i know 4dr assassin did beat a bolt on black z06 when he had race gas in the family wagon lol
Gotta get the groceries to the house quick. Don't want the ice cream to melt.

Yea, my car is faster on pump now than it was back then. I think you were closer to 360/370 @ the time we ran w/ my friend with the GTI that night. I wish we could have run again since I made the current small changes. If things workout according to plan, I should have the "good" tuning come end of this month, first part of Dec. Then my missing ponies will come back home. :p

Last edited by 4DR Assassin; 11-01-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by InsomZ

a ko4 turbo'd s4 would walk a stock ls1, bolt on,
if they had the supporting mods they would. i raced another guy i know who has a 99 TT S4 with twin k04s ( i didnt know at the time but found out later that he had them) and i beat him by about 2 cars from a 40-125 hit. but thats all he had was just twin k04's and a CAI. but his car is out of comission right now. it caught on fire on the freeway when his brakes locked up going 70. he has to get an entirely new brake system which is about $3K. but im not saying my car is fast or anything just stating that i beat a twin ko4 S4. from a roll. don't call BS because i had 5 diff. cars following us who watched the race.

josh
Old 11-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Teching In

i turned down a race from a new srt 10 ram in my camaro ss did not know if i could take him
Old 11-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RoAdRaGe912
good runs, but if your car isn't running strong it has nothing to do with the rear 02s. like has already been said they are ONLY there to check and see if the cat is working. they won't affect the way the car performs.
my car has been running rich ever since i put on my headers and ory too. I don't have o2 sims in the rear either. other than that what could cause it to run rich?
Old 11-04-2005, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by noride
i turned down a race from a new srt 10 ram in my camaro ss did not know if i could take him
was it a Quad cab? the one i raced was. i was impressed. he told me since he got his new chip put in. it took off his traction control. and that he can get a little squirley when it shifts into second. a single cab with the same mods would have beat me. until we got to 130+ then i would have pulled him back in. my friend said his ram just stops pulling when it gets to 130. not aerodynamic enough.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by YlwGTO4m3
^^^ Exactly
Some of you guys are cracked out. The new S4 MOVES. especially well driven out of the hole. A driver willing to push an S4 will keep a stock LS1's hands full all day long.

the new s4 is a v8, not a turbo car. we arent talking about a new s4 here. the old s4's arent fast from a roll on. same reason wrx's arent as fast from a roll as they are from a dig. chip only isnt going to hang with an ls1 on the highway.

Quick Reply: Me vs. Audi S4 vs. Ram SRT-10