Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Took down a couple Stangs today.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Took down a couple Stangs today.

A couple of us met up to go to a car show today (my dad with his 2004 GTO, and 2 of my friends, one with a supercharged Saleen, and one with a twin turbo Saleen). As we were sitting there a dude with a white 2001ish GT with blue striped and huge tach went by and revved at us. I was itching for a race already and now I really wanted one, but he went by and didn't pull in. A couple minutes later we pulled out of Dunkin Donuts and were were in a line in the right most lane (of 3 lanes). The Supercharged Saleen in front, then the TT, then me and then my dad. A 1999ish GT pulls by and revves at us as he does. As soon as he revved the light ahead turned red. I cut across the lanes (there was no one else around) and got next to the Stang. I don't know what was done, but I'd guess a flowmaster and nothing else, lol. I looked over and he was definitally game for a run (him and his gf were in the car, I was alone). The light turned green and I rolled out slow, just until the clutch was out and then I hit it. We were even until about 15 mph and then I started pulling HARD. By about 60 mph in second gear I was a few cars in front and he just gave up. We were all laughing afterward because he picked the wrong group to rev at and would have probably lost to any of us (my dad's GTO might have been a decent run for him, but he would have probably lost still).

Later on after the show we were going to get something to eat and my friend with the TT mentioned that we would be meeting up with his friend who had a newer Mach 1 and would want to run me. After eating the kid with the Mach 1 showed up and at first didn't want to run because he found out I wasn't stock, but since there was no money on the line he said what the heck and we set it up. He asked if I wanted to go from a stop or roll, and I said it was his choice (I have the nittos and it didn't matter to me). He wanted to go from a roll, since he's 100% stock including tires. We cruised down to the spot and lined up. We were going about 55 mph and I honked 3 times and we went on the 3rd honk. Once again it was even for a second and then I started pulling hard. We ran from 55 mph to about 115mph and I pulled about 4 cars on him. We stopped and talked after and he was cool. We complimented each other's cars (he had the light blue Mach 1, which is a color I love) and then we took off for the night.

Over all it was a great day. The weather was awesome! I got to talk to a few kids I haven't seen in years, and there were alot of cool cars at the show. One kid that I haven't talked to in years has a mint pewter 1989 mustang notchback. EXTREMELY CLEAN. It has a built 306 and twin turbos and made 560+ rwhp and 600 rwtq! It's amazing what happens when you don't talk to people in 3 years, lol.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good readin' ... Thanks
Old 10-30-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats awesome...btw nice times just for bolt ons
Old 10-30-2005, 09:16 PM

Thanks! I knew the car had a 12.5 in it, but I never thought I'd be able to drive it well enough to realize that potential, lol.