Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced A C5 On The Way Back From The Track

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raced A C5 On The Way Back From The Track

Was on my way home from the track this past Sun. and this C5 comes flying up from behind. He goes flying by my fiance' (driving behind me) on a two lane road to get behind me. The road opens up into two lanes and we come to a stoplight to make a left hand turn that leads to the interstate. He honks his horn and I roll my window down.

"Is that on motor or nitrous?" he yells. (He saw my 12.77 dial in on window)

"On motor." I reply.

"Think you can handle this!" followed by a big grin.

"We can find out." I say

We make the left and the exit for the interstate is a little over an 1/8 mile or thereabouts. I roll out to about 3k in first and he's looking over motioning for me to take the hit, so I do. I pull on him bad through 1st and 2nd and shift to 3rd, let off, and look back. He's at least 4-5 cars back. I turn off onto the exit and he follows. I guess he wants more, I'm thinking.

We get side by side doing about 60 and I'm in 3rd, not really in my powerband yet. I motion for him to go and he does. He jumps out a nose and I'm right at his door. By about 4,5-5k in 3rd I'm pulling back hard but had to let off because the road merged into one lane for a second.

We line up side by side one more time doing about 65-70 and I'm in 3rd. We leave at about the same time and I pull him bad through about mid-4th. He was about 5-6 cars back when he left off and quickly got off the very next exit.

It was an A4 and had at least a cat-back (obviously). Other than that I have no idea what, if anything, was done to the car.

Jon
Old 11-01-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Junkie

hahah i guess U could "Handle this" hahahah I hate dumbass Vette owners like that
Old 11-01-2005, 04:35 PM
12 Second Club

Yea, he seemed a tad cocky.

My gf said he and a buddy were watching me at the track and were standing by their cars waiting for me to leave. As soon as I headed for my car they followed suit.

Thanks!

Jon